Sin & Punishment 2 [Wii]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
    Hearing that the PAL version has a reversable cover, which is cool.
    Thanks! It really does and indeed it looks so cool.

Comment

edit...........
      Last edited by MisterBubbles; 08-05-2010, 00:05. Reason: mistake

Comment

Heres a link to it

though this aussie 1 has different front cover.

Comment

Got this yesterday, brilliant game though im a bit confused, where exactly is your characters hitbox? becuase I cant quite figure it out and am currently relying on the roll as I constantly fly around the screen dodging attacks.

I'm playing it with the classic controller too, which works great once you set the cursor speed to fast, and I would strongly recommend it to anyone who, like me, gets arm ache from using the wii remote to shoot stuff.

Comment

THis totally slipped my mind. Looking at the online prices though - £35!!

Think I'll wait for it to drop to £17.95 or something.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterBubbles View Post
              Heres a link to it

though this aussie 1 has different front cover.
              That's a pic of the pal manual that your thinking is the diff Aussie cover art.

Comment

Is there anyway to turn the auto lock off? I'm hoping I'm missing something as it's driving me spare.

Comment

Yeah, you switch between the two cross-hair types with one of the buttons dude! You do more damage without the lock, but sometimes, you need the lock while avoiding massive damage. It changes colour, so you know which is which.

Comment

Sorry, should have been more clear. Kachi has an automatic lock-on for any enemies near the reticle which stops either when the enemy is destroyed or when you stop shooting. Isa doesn't have it, but I prefer Kachi's charge attack I'll have to get my head around it, no problem most of the time but for bosses it's irritating.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ono View Post
                      THis totally slipped my mind. Looking at the online prices though - ?35!!

Think I'll wait for it to drop to ?17.95 or something.
                      I bought this in Game the other day for ?39.99 only to get their mailshot a couple of days later advertising it at ?29.99!

I don't really mind though as it is a fantastic game. It's a bit uncomfortable on the arms playing with the Wiimote and nunchuck setup though. I'll probably invest in a Classic Controller for this game.
                      Has anyone tried playing it with the Zapper?

As for the game itself it's classic Treasure in so many ways. Tight controls which you need a few minutes to learn but soon become second nature. That distinctive Treasure art style that's become their signature since Ikaruga and Gradius V. And of course solid level design with really well thought out boss encounters.

I hope Treasure consider porting this to XBLA as it deserves a wider audience than it's likely to get on the Wii.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ono View Post
                        THis totally slipped my mind. Looking at the online prices though - £35!!
                        Think I'll wait for it to drop to £17.95 or something.
                        That's not a very nice attitude. As a shooter and Treasure fan, I'd say this was totally worth full-price. I'd much rather support Treasure with a day one full price purchase, than a company like Activision which seems to print money as a reward for mistreating customers. S&P2 is bombastically indulgent towards a slightly more old-fashioned gaming crowd, and as such I'm hoping garners enough sales to show developers/publishers that we still like these kinds of games.

As has been said, this classic Treasure. Intense action, great visuals (HD whores be damned), nice music, and very tight and fun scoring mechanic (doing certain things seems to reward you with medals, worth 100k points each). Absolutely fantastic, and it's shamefully going to bomb at retail I reckon.

It seems to have infinite continues (I think - I've been restarting since I want to see if I can 1cc it on normal), which means a lot of critics will say it's too easy and lacks long-term depth, or some nonsense. I dunno, but I don't trust reviewers.

If you have even a slight interest in shmups, or Treasure games, this is essential. Also, I too hope it's ported to another system to gain wider coverage. Does Nintendo part-own the rights to the brand though? Didn't they republish the first game on Wii?

Slight niggle: I'm playing with a Gamecube pad, and there's just not enough shoulder buttons to get a good control set-up. The nunchuck/wiimote is easier to use, and allows for much faster shooting for massive combos, but I still have a hankering for a proper pad.

Right now I've got melee on R tap, shoot on R hold, and charge attack on HARD R hold, with lock-on on Z and dodge on L.

Anyone got any better ideas?
                        Last edited by Sketcz; 22-05-2010, 16:14.

Comment

Had a bit of a score competition with a guy on another forum. Easy level, Isa, made it to stage 6, died at the Axelay Lava Submarine.

Thing is, I think that's a pretty lousy score. Only on stage 2 did I end it with a high-ish multiplier. Every time you get hit, it goes down, and every time you kill an enemy it goes up slightly. There's plenty of opportunity to raise it before a boss (raise it to crazy high levels), but if you take a beating during the boss fight, you might only end with a 2x or 3x multiplier, instead 14x or 16x. Dodging is essential at all times.

I reckon it should be quite possible to score 30 to 50 million on each stage, so long as you keep it together during the last boss.

Just to say it again: this game is an absolute joy to behold.
                          Last edited by Sketcz; 28-05-2010, 12:54.

Comment

Originally posted by Sketcz View Post

Slight niggle: I'm playing with a Gamecube pad, and there's just not enough shoulder buttons to get a good control set-up. The nunchuck/wiimote is easier to use, and allows for much faster shooting for massive combos, but I still have a hankering for a proper pad.

Right now I've got melee on R tap, shoot on R hold, and charge attack on HARD R hold, with lock-on on Z and dodge on L.

Anyone got any better ideas?
                            Ive been using the classic controller pro becuase holding the wiimote hurts my arms and its very enjoyable, it has 4 shoulder buttons but you do need to set the aiming sensitivity to very fast otherwise its hard to get good scores on some sections.

Comment

Comment

Been playing this some more and it's astonishingly good. If you have a Wii and like action, this is essential. It's just so relentless. Trying to increase the multiplier whilst avoiding getting hit, when there is stuff EVERYWHERE. Very impressive. Review soon.
                                Last edited by charlesr; 21-07-2010, 12:47.

Comment

Working...
                                X