No announcement yet.

Modern Warfare 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm mostly on Search and Destroy as I just like the pace and thought instead of what seems like aimless run and gun in the other modes.
    In an effort to get my K/D up and start leveling up the guns I've also been on Team Death match and Headquarters Pro, but I more often than not get totally pawned. My K/D is like 0.55, any tips on each of the maps? Any good little spots that you've found?

Comment

Most maps have a few choke points or areas where snipers tend to camp (e.g. the building in the middle of Derail, the bunker in Wasteland etc.). I just get in the routine of checking those areas every few minutes. More often than not there will be one or more people waiting around there for a shotgun to the face! Also, I found you can wrack kills up pretty quickly using the Hardline perk together with a decent killstreak set-up.

Getting a bit bored of playing random American kids on LIVE now. Are any of you guys up for some NTSC-UK games on this? If there is enough intrest I'll post in the online thread too.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalJoe View Post
        Most maps have a few choke points or areas where snipers tend to camp (e.g. the building in the middle of Derail, the bunker in Wasteland etc.). I just get in the routine of checking those areas every few minutes. More often than not there will be one or more people waiting around there for a shotgun to the face! Also, I found you can wrack kills up pretty quickly using the Hardline perk together with a decent killstreak set-up.

Getting a bit bored of playing random American kids on LIVE now. Are any of you guys up for some NTSC-UK games on this? If there is enough intrest I'll post in the online thread too.
        im in. i play hardcore TDM, domination and demolition mostly. am REALLY bad at S&D though...

Comment

New Map Pack stuff

Crash
          Overgrown
          Complex (apartments)
          Compact (cold mountain side with a magnetic crane used in junkyards)
          Storm (central warehouse)

Good News : Loads of maps.

Bad News: Price x Activision greed = (I reckon) £10 ++

Could be fake, but really, why bother???

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by mr_rich View Post
            im in. i play hardcore TDM, domination and demolition mostly. am REALLY bad at S&D though...
            Nice one Rich. I've pinged you a friend request.

Originally posted by englishbob View Post
            New Map Pack stuff

Crash
            Overgrown
            Complex (apartments)
            Compact (cold mountain side with a magnetic crane used in junkyards)
            Storm (central warehouse)

Good News : Loads of maps.

Bad News: Price x Activision greed = (I reckon) ?10 ++

Could be fake, but really, why bother???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__SBi...ayer_embedded#
            Whoa... two of those "new" maps are COD4 levels?! That's pretty cheeky if Activision are gonna be charging full whack.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalJoe View Post
              Nice one Rich. I've pinged you a friend request.

Whoa... two of those "new" maps are COD4 levels?! That's pretty cheeky if Activision are gonna be charging full whack.
              cool joe. my gamertag (im 360) is:

x FILTHY RICH x

im saying this is true, as noticed on 402's twitter he had DLC news this week...
              weirdly, me and mates were talking in the pub on friday about which cod4 maps wed like to see in mw2, and these 2 came up.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                I think the general rule is MW2 is a victim of its own popularity. I dislike Halo 3 for the same reasons... too many elitist, immature idiots proclaiming themselves gods of the community.
                Spot on, strange occurrence tonight thought where I finished 1st in 3 consecutive rounds of Ground War which made a nice change - marathon + lightweight + ninja + M104 = Unlocked the extended mags as well which gives you 6 rounds over the standard 4 which makes a huge difference.

Gotta say that camper's are my best friend now - so easy to predict their behaviour and out flank them, they will continuously return to their spot which is good for me, not worked out how to counter Danger Close noob-tubers though?

Would be nice to play with you guys - (gamertag 360) HappiestRogue

Charlesr - they don't cap flags and prefer for the team to hold 2/3 points then they will use the shocking spawn system to trap you, plus in domination they can rack up huge numbers of kills over say team deathmatch where the limit restricts them.

Comment

There are many ways to meet someone online, but there are also plenty of paid services that let you connect with other adults.

Comment

I was on the outside snipey map last night and was using the turret for about 15 seconds and killed 2 or 3 people. I then got a message saying "YOU TURRET USING PRICK!"

Talk about sore loser!

Comment

Originally posted by Rossco View Post
                      I was on the outside snipey map last night and was using the turret for about 15 seconds and killed 2 or 3 people. I then got a message saying "YOU TURRET USING PRICK!"

Talk about sore loser!
                      you cant use anything without getting flamed for it.

p90.
                      painkiller.
                      noob tube.
                      turrets.
                      hip shooting (spraying)
                      m16
                      commando pro
                      etc etc

Comment

Yeah everyone seems to have a weapon they despise, for me it would have to be noob tubes.

Then again I run around with commando pro on and regularly throw myself off the top of tall buildings knowing full well I can survive the fall. Gets you out of scrapes very easily and surprises the crap out of people below if you spot them quickly. Strangely though people only seem to hate commando when used with the tactical knife for long melee distance and speed? I dont do that...

Comment

i always think... if its in the game, its fair play... apart from boosting of course...

Comment

Yeah, now it has been patched, you can't really moan about anything except boosting.

Comment

Originally posted by mr_rich View Post
                              i always think... if its in the game, its fair play... apart from boosting of course...
                              I think it's fair to have a bit of a moan now and again, especially if something is unbalanced when it comes to multiplayer and even the dev's have to patch it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Malc View Post
                                I think it's fair to have a bit of a moan now and again, especially if something is unbalanced when it comes to multiplayer and even the dev's have to patch it up.
                                agreed, i guess these things come when the community play through the game and exploit these advantages.

i cant really understand the hate for this game sometimes. you only have to go to kotaku and check the comments whenevers theres MW2 news.
                                sure, its deffo got its negative aspects, and was prob rushed out before being totally tested, but come on, its well good fun, with something for everyone who loves a shooter surely?

Comment

Working...
                                X