No announcement yet.

Modern Warfare 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone playing the new maps? I think their pretty good. I find I do best on Carnival, but get mullered on Fuel.

Comment

I refuse to get the new maps until they are on sale, ?20 is ridiculous for 10 maps or whatever.

Comment

I paid 15 US dollars for mine. Which translates at just under ten pounds. Don't know where you got that 20 quid from.

Aa I see, you mean both packs together combined for 20 quid..
        I think it's worth it.

Comment

I still play the existing maps plenty and they're not getting dull, just some levels turn up too much more than others.

I want more spec ops missions not maps

Comment

I've been doing roughly an hour a night on them and they're a more rounded bunch than the first packs maps. The forced playlist seems more varied too. I'm loving Carnival and Trailer park is ok too if a little restrictive. Fuel is a very COD4 style map but some modes can be a pain thanks to things like the rock glitch which I'm amazed exists considering how long the maps have been out on 360. Curious to see if a Map Pack 3 comes out before Black Ops.

Comment

I'd love a jungle style map, fairly big with dense trees and dark green foliage. That would be awesome. Predator style map.

Comment

Fuel is far too big. That whole area where the glitchable rock is, serves very little purpose, so I tend to just ignore it and keep to the buildings. Even then, the map is still pretty huge. Apart from the size, I like it. Carnival, I like more though. That's probably my favourite out of the brand-new maps.
                Really though, I don't think any of the new maps released so far are particularly great enough for me to buy the packs for the PS3, having already bought them on the 360. Saying that, the breathed-on COD4 maps are great. I miss having those on the PS3 version.

Comment

i have no map packs yet . i was hoping for a price drop in the future, honestly are any of them worth 1200 points? and if you had to pick which pack would you go for 1st?

Comment

I'd go for the stimulus pack first. The second one is better, but by playing through stimulus first you won't be disappointed for the 2nd one when you do eventually get it.

Comment

Fuel is awful it is way too big, and, full of boosters on FFA

Comment

Originally posted by jim g View Post
                        ...full of boosters on FFA
                        Haven't played this game since Battlefield arrived. Jesus, does this still go on?

Comment

Originally posted by englishbob View Post
                          Haven't played this game since Battlefield arrived. Jesus, does this still go on?
                          Yep, normally poxy 10 year olds, but not always

Comment

I still have to say I haven't really come across any boosters yet. Though I don't often play FFA.

Comment

There's minor murmurs of a Map Pack 3 around which I'm guessing would be on 360 sometime late August to early September and PS3 a month later but I think I'd skip that one as MOH and Black Ops will be imminent.

It's a rare thing but... Activision really needs to start releasing COD's map packs a lot quicker than 6 months after release.

Comment

Or just not bother releasing them and save them up for the next installment so the game has them built in so that everyone has them from the off. And some small maps for one on one with a friend would be good.

Comment

Working...
                                X