No announcement yet.

God of War Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's probably because GiantBomb are awesome.

Comment

Sounds like a case of whered more of the same is not a bad thing (this time...)

After all, he is 'THE GOD OF WAR!!!!!' or something along those lines I've heard.

Comment

got this today and it's ace. Such a satisying and fun game, now with rewards (trophies).

The graphical fidelity is what you'd expect. High resolution running at a smooth 60fps. The textures and the character models are not as detailed as we've come to expect of a PS3 game, true, it's a PS2 game, but the high res and AA smoothing make it still look nice. The only slight let down is that the cut scenes are just low res PS2 FMVs, but it gives you a nice insight of a comparison between this collection and the originals.

All the new HD-ness and trophies along with what was already an epic pair of games make this a must have, but probably for around 20-30 quid if you can.

Comment

I\m actually warming to this a lot now. I guess I'm used to the visuals. It really does look impressive in places. The FMV is horribly blurry however.

Comment

Got mine today too and I must say it looks bloody amazing for what it is. Just wish I did not have to go to work.

Anyone tried the demo code. Take it I will need to log in under my Usa acount ?

Comment

picked up me copy today - and No demo code for me... Just case / instruction manual and disc.. as i missed out on the code giveaway - i thought it was a sure bet to get one with the game...

i am sad...

PSN :- Johnnygames

Comment

I thought it was a pre-order bonus? I can't remember to be honest, my copy will be with me tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Number45 View Post
                  I thought it was a pre-order bonus? I can't remember to be honest, my copy will be with me tomorrow.
                  If you get yours so should I seeing as were practically neighbours!

Comment

anyone get a GOW3 demo code through movietyme? I pre-ordered 2 weeks ago so I'm hoping it'll be in the package when it arrives

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                      If you get yours so should I seeing as were practically neighbours!
                      Mine was delivered today, but Mrs 45 and I were both at work.

Comment

I preordered through movietyme, but never received a demo

Comment

Is anybody else coming to this as complete beginner to the series? The first post was a little unenthusiastic but I expect those who have played it before will only focus on the graphical changes.

I'm keen to know what it's like as a game package... mine is on it's way from HK but won't be here for a week or so.

Comment

Originally posted by Darwock View Post
                            Is anybody else coming to this as complete beginner to the series? The first post was a little unenthusiastic but I expect those who have played it before will only focus on the graphical changes.

I'm keen to know what it's like as a game package... mine is on it's way from HK but won't be here for a week or so.
                            If you've never played this before, then you're in for a treat. The game is so much fun to play. I only played the first level of GoW on the PS2, so all this is pretty new to me. The combat is so satisfying and there are some sneaky chests in the game that tease you, because you can see them, but you're not quite sure how to get to them.

The setting, mythology cameos and general epic beef of the rest of the package just adds to the bubbling pot of joy nicely.

The God of War series is probably Sony's finest hour. Give or take a couple

Comment

I was too much in love with DMC3 back then and just dismissed GOW as a 2nd rate imitator. DMC appears to have died on it's arse though so it's a perfect time to give it some attention.

Comment

Neve played the DMC series. I keep meaning to though. I want to get these GoWs done plus I've got some Bayonetta coming tomorrow or so. If that goes well, maybe I'll check out DMC.

Comment

Working...
                                X