No announcement yet.

God of War Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The DMC series is actualy quite different to GOW in feel.

DMC is all about the combat.

The GOW series is more about the feeling of being on an epic adventure, much in the same way as somthing like the Uncharted games (it may seem like an odd comparison but people who have played them probabaly get me), some of the set peices, particuarly in the second game, are nothing short of stunning to experience.

It helps that playing as kratos just makes you feel like a complete badass too, cause well, you know, thats always nice.Doing stuff like ripping a minators horns off and stabbing it in the head with them never gets old.
    Last edited by rmoxon; 24-11-2009, 01:04.

Comment

I didn't get the gow3 demo code either from movietyme, yet my mate did, which he received 4days later than me, seems its a bit hit'n miss getting the code - i checked with movietyme again, it doesn;t state or promise that a code would be included for the collection at all... oh well, id use his code once hes done with it!

Comment

Just realised that I didn't get a code either, imported from Tronix. Might have been one of those 'participating retailers only' deals. No matter anyway, I want to go fresh into III in March.

Comment

Well my copy from movietyme hasn't turned up yet so maybe i'll be lucky with a demo code!

Comment

Got my copy today and also got a GOW3 demo code... mwah haha!
            My case had a graphic on the front about the demo included, don't know if they all came with that or just the ones that definitely have a code.

Comment

Just checked my case and there's nothing like that, so could well be the case.

Comment

Originally posted by doodledude View Post
                Got my copy today and also got a GOW3 demo code... mwah haha!
                My case had a graphic on the front about the demo included, don't know if they all came with that or just the ones that definitely have a code.
                same here

Comment

I got my Code too , though its next to impossible to read thanks to SONY's piss poor scratch card . Also anyone Video jumping , when play the Making Of series of Video's ?

Comment

PS3 is gathering pace of late, what a classic collection and they look great .

Comment

I had no code either.

Its a good game, performance is better than I expected although the cutscenes suck. The combat is so damned shallow and boring, making the game a chore at times, especially since I'm currently very much into Bayonetta. Hell, that game made even DMC and NG a borefest.

Comment

I started the first game last night having finally received it yesterday. In terms of image quality it looks much nicer than before, which is all you can expect really. Some of the effects that blew me away a few years ago look ropey now, like the

giant Ares

near the beginning. The Athenian soldiers that you see close up early on look like character models from an RTS circa 1998. The pre-rendered cut-scenes look awful too.

I'd still support more compilations like this, though. I still have my original versions and it looks much cleaner and sharper. Good value considering everything in there, including the GOW2 bonus content, too.

Comment

Just finished God of War. Enjoyed very much. Had a quick go on GoW2. The opening fight is pretty epic. The series seems to wow you by throwing chunks of epic at you. Love it.

Comment

I finally started my God of War collection...I'm astonished at how good these games look!

Bravo.

Comment

Is this actually native widescreen? The omega symbols and menu screens look very fat, but I was trying to check out the moon and stuff in game and it looked like a proper circle, so I can't really tell

Comment

The menu screens merge straight into the opening CG, which weren't touched, so it's possible they've been left intact so as not to create a disconnect when you hit start. I'm pretty sure the gameplay in these is native 720p.

Comment

Working...
                                X