No announcement yet.

God of War Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did half of Challenge of the Titans last night. Easily the shoddiest design in the game, hopefully 3's is better done.

Comment

Suprised Im only just over half way thru 2 at 10hours. Much bigger game than 1. Really enjoying it more as well and it seems harder than 1 (found 1 much easier). Their both great but 2 for me is just epic one thing after another so far. Cannot wait to get stuck into proper next gen III

Have to admit even though I think Bayonetta is a classic I am enjoying these even more which says something for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Number45 View Post
        I wasn't close enough in either game (77% on 1, 58% on 2) to really give me the impetus to push for the Platinum. Besides which, I'm not sure forcing myself through some of the harder sections of the game on higher difficulties will do anything other than sour my thoughts on it - I've made that mistake in the past with CoD games and I try to avoid it where possible now.
        You don't actually need to do the harder difficulties to get platinum in either game though - you can get platinum long before you unlock everything in the game itself. It's not that hard.

Comment

Did 10hours on II to finish today. Just pure epic for me and has become my all time favourite game. Roll on tommorow an starting III.

Comment

I bought this a while ago with God Of War 3. I had played GoW1 and Chains of Olympus but never played GoW2 and still haven't played 3 (waiting until I get through 1 and 2).

Playing 1 again, I enjoyed it as much if not more than when I first played it. It looks pretty decent even after a generation and a few years and certainly plays well (spinning towers of crapness aside). Suffers slightly from the same problem I had back in the day - starts epic and huge and then feels like it gets smaller and smaller and less impressive. Like CoO too in that regard. But a great game.

Moving on to GoW2, I find myself amazed by the graphics. Surely they didn't pull this off on a PS2, even with lower-res? It looks stunning. Pretty great even by PS3 standards. I've very impressed with how it looks.

And the opening with the Colossus is amazing. On to the main quest now and the locatin is slightly at odds with Kratos - like dropping him into ICO. But, still, looks gorgeous.

In 2, though, I've already had a few occasions where I didn't quite know what I was supposed to do or where to go. Didn't have that in 1. And it seems tougher - well, easy at first but, where I am now, the difficulty has ramped up severely in the combat.

I'm enjoying it. Looking forward to moving on to GoW3.

Comment

Working...
            X