P.N. 03

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SharkAttack
    The control set up sounds like Resi Evil with side step buttons! I bet the usual Resi Evil control moaners don't bitch on this one though...
    err, well, of course not. If Resident Evil employed sidestep buttons and a decent bout of speed and fluidity to the controls it would be just fine, so I'd imagine this will be as well.

Comment

Ok, I have a question

Does she actually use guns in this game ( as in the original trailer ) or does she fire lasers from her hands ( as seen in the second trailer ) ?

The review seems to inidicate she has a gun of some kind

Comment

She fires some kind of energy blast from her hands (I can't believe they'd change it back again).

I'm waiting for a review/impressions on this as it could still potentially be great, or unbelievably dull.

I'm hoping that with the simple game mechanics they've spent the free development time on giving it some depth.

Comment

Mikami and co are pretty respectable developers, but AFAIK this is their first foray into the rythm-action scene. As highlighted earlier, I think this game will live or die on its rythm; its sense of style.

Comment

From Gamefaq ('The Source'):

I'm sorry if I burst anyone's bubble, but this game was a huge disappointment.

If you're expecting an amazing story, massive interactive environments, huge variety in gameplay, then prepared to be let down, P.N.03 contains NONE of these things.

The story is non-existant, there is virtually no storytelling through the gameplay.

There's virtually no variation in level design. It has with little variation in location, just the outdoors of the sand-covered world and the boring indoors white corridors (from what I've seen so far)

The gameplay it pretty static, just hammering away on your control pad, jump, shoot, jump shoot, dodge, jump, shoot.

Horrible load times between each and EVERY room

Most disappointing for me was the camera. It is glued to the back of Vanessa so in the end it doesn't even feel like you are controlling a character, more like you are control just the camera itself.

Everyone seems to be dodging the issue, well I'm going to say it - The Game Is a Big Let Down.

---

I'm would still like to try it myself as I'm not sure how valid his opinions are (he is a massive poster on TeamXbox, but at the same time he does seem to know his stuff).

Oh well :|

Comment

More:

From: dion | Posted: 3/26/2003 3:06:45 PM | Message Detail
              First of all this is a mission based game. The graphics isn't okay but there's been only one outdoor room so far in the first two missions, the rest are corridors and rooms with the same texture everyone has seen in the demos.

In lieu of other recent Capcom action games, you gain experience by defeating enemies and use them to upgrade yourself. You can upgrade your suits, buy specials, continues or new suits in item shops. The control is rather simple, much simpler than even Chao Legion.

The best thing I have noticed so far is the trial mission mode, available after each mission. Trial missions are basicially random levels using rooms you have already visited. It's good for gaining xp as well as getting some replay values. Will post more as I progress further in the game...

---

From: Bolam | Posted: 3/26/2003 10:53:09 PM | Message Detail
              I have the game since Monday cos' I live in Hong Kong.

Sigh.....I have played PN03 for another 1&1/2 hour tonight and I am already on stage 9 (only 11 stages)
              I think this is really a budget title (5800 yen, I think it should be 2800 yen ). I only played totaled 2:10, and already on stage 9 (including almost an hour on playing trial level to collect points for buying stuff). It is so short, I think someone could finish the whole game in 2 hrs if not playing trial stages. I mean the gameplay is quite good, very much like "Winback", but just more fancy (btw, I like "Winback" more ). Also, there is even not much variations on the background, essentially, you only get 4 stages.....Stage 1 ~ 3 looks the same, Stage 4, 5, 6 are a bit different, then Stage 7 onwards start repeating Stage 1 ~ 3, (same map) just different lighting and enemies layout.

I really expect it to be a big title (since GC doesn't have that many this kind of game), and now I am really a bit dissapointed. For those of you planning on getting it, just expect it to be a "budget title" (like an expansion pack of a game)

Hope the rest of the Capcom 5 aren't like this. Sorry again, if my comments dissapoint or conflict anyone.

---

Told you it would suck.

Comment

So we now know that anyone justifying its purchase is just getting off on teh ass wiggling.

Comment

:/

Still look forward to playing it, although my hopes have been somewhat shattered.

Comment

I'm kinda pleased when a game I was interested in gets average reviews and bad impressions - It save sme money!

Grim view of things I know but for every PN03 I drop from my list I can afford a night out on the town

Comment

Hmm....and I thought this would fulfill all the things DMC 2 couldn't. Yet, I want to try it out myself, reviews don't always do a game justice. If I took, say EDGE's reviews seriously, I wouldn't have experianced the delights of Steel Battalion, Pikmin, FF10 and many other games.

Comment

Originally posted by wazy15
                        Hmm....and I thought this would fulfill all the things DMC 2 couldn't. Yet, I want to try it out myself, reviews don't always do a game justice. If I took, say EDGE's reviews seriously, I wouldn't have experianced the delights of Steel Battalion, Pikmin, FF10 and many other games.
                        Erm dude, these are 3 sets of negative impressions and Dorimaga didn't think much of it either. It's clearly a budget game with little depth or variety yet Capcom have the nerve to charge 5800Y for it. Hopefully Viewtiful Joe can save face or the whole 'Capcom 5' will look farcical.

Comment

Could be that people have been expecting the wrong thing and so are very disappointed. Or it could be that I'm trying to justify buying the game.

We shall see.

Does seem odd that Famitsu can give two 9's (out of the 4 scores) if the game really is that bad. I know their scoring can be fairly random...but two 9's?

Comment

We shall have to wait for the definitive NTSC-uk review, shant we.

I still quite honestly have NOOOO idea what the hell this game is.

Comment

Famitsu reviews are worthless. Trust me, I frequently buy the magazine and the scores are all over the shop.

0-20: Undisputedly ****
                              21-26: Below average
                              27-40: Anyone's guess

Comment

Are the Famitsu people Hi-Scorers like IGN? Look here alot of good reviews:

Comment

Working...
                                X