No announcement yet.

Heavy Rain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just started last night and properly hooked. I was slightly concerned about how the QTE aspect might work but my first altercation had my heart pounding. Love the use of the 4 different characters, and the music and visuals make it all hang together brilliantly. Never played anything like it. Already I'm thinking how I might do something a bit different next time round.

Question about the opening mall scenario; Is it possible

to save Jason

?

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
      Just started last night and properly hooked. I was slightly concerned about how the QTE aspect might work but my first altercation had my heart pounding. Love the use of the 4 different characters, and the music and visuals make it all hang together brilliantly. Never played anything like it. Already I'm thinking how I might do something a bit different next time round.

Question about the opening mall scenario; Is it possible

to save Jason

?
      In answer to your question, no.

Comment

Loving this game, especially Shelby's chapters, the PI vibe feels just right ... but I'm struggling with some of the rhythm-based button pressing on the QTE events (namely

crawling through the eletrcity conductors in the plant, got sizzled and kicked out, branded a coward

).

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
          Loving this game, especially Shelby's chapters, the PI vibe feels just right ... but I'm struggling with some of the rhythm-based button pressing on the QTE events (namely

crawling through the eletrcity conductors in the plant, got sizzled and kicked out, branded a coward

).
          I did not think those were rhythm? I just held all the buttons that appeared although I had to use my chin for the last section!

I think you just have to hold the button down before it dissapears and carry on holding it down whilst it is displayed within the combination. I think that made sense...?

Still I cheated, as soon as I got sizzled I paused and quit!

Comment

That was some of the most nerve-wracking gaming I've experienced in a long time. I was pretty messed up by the time I got to the section anyway, and every time I got shocked I jumped like a baby

Comment

Failed the second
              test last night for the same reason.

Originally posted by 'Press Start To Begin' View Post
              I did not think those were rhythm?
              Hmm. It's the ones where you have to repeatedly press a button and the icon seems to pulse. Do you have to keep hitting it in time or simply hammer away?
              Last edited by Atticus; 23-06-2010, 08:22.

Comment

@ Atticus:

The 'Go Advanced' and 'Preview Post' buttons are your friend :|

Regarding button bashing, you just need to press the button quickly, it doesn't matter about rhythm. I don't know if the symbol fills up like the symbols for buttons you hold down do, but if it does then that's your indicator. I'd just bash the button like mad so didn't check myself.

Comment

Originally posted by billy_dimashq View Post
                  'Preview Post' buttons are your friend :|
                  All sorted.

Regarding button bashing, you just need to press the button quickly, it doesn't matter about rhythm. I don't know if the symbol fills up like the symbols for buttons you hold down do, but if it does then that's your indicator. I'd just bash the button like mad so didn't check myself.
                  Think I need to go back a few chapters then and try the button mash on the
                  ... I thought you had to match the rhythm of the pulsing and messed up each and every time.

Comment

I can't remember exactly, but I think the pulsing changed depending on how fast you were actually pressing the button. Or maybe I was too far 'in the zone'

Comment

Just hit that button like your pulling a knife out your chest in a desert sandstorm!!

(COD: MWF2 )

Comment

Cracked it. Duh, I was making it so difficult for myself thinking you had to match the rhythm of the pulsing icon. Still, glad I know the score now

So I've still failed the

first (power station) trial

but I don't want to go that far back if I don't need to ...

Comment

I just finished this this eve and really loved it from start to finish.

My one issue is the scene in the typewriter shop.

Originally posted by ezee ryder View Post
                          Actually, if I remember correctly,

you're not actually controlling Shelby while Manfred goes to the back of the shop because the camera shifts to Lauren and the musical box

Huge spoiler:

This is true, you do lose control of Shelby for the period of time that Lauren is looking at the music box, but the bit that I think is a bit daft is Shelby's response when he goes round to check on Manfred. Having just perpetrated the crime surely he wouldn't have the response that he provides, particularly if there's nobody to see it. Maybe he should have gone round the back with Lauren, so that he could then act surprised and really throw people off the scent.

Last edited by vocoderfreak; 27-06-2010, 00:20.

Comment

Only just starting playing this last night... Just had time to install the update, then from what I saw, you take a dump then have a shower. Take it that it gets more exciting?

Comment

If you only knew...

Comment

It gets very exciting there's tits and everything.

No in all seriousness really it's great, the gameplay and..... No wait there are tits in it.

Comment

Working...
                                X