No announcement yet.

Heavy Rain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No one died in my ending, I only tried to save people becuase I dont like to fail and felt that the ending where the good guys basicaly win the day would be the proper ending (which it feels very much like it is really).

For all its emotional scenes and stuff I was never that involved with the characters for the simple reason than theres hardly any actual game there, and if I hardly have control over the characters who Im suppose to be playing as, then I dont feel I care really.

Comment

I really liked the father/son bit when you have to pick him up from school and help him with his homework and sort out dinner, even choosing when to send him to bed. I haven't cared that much about an NPC since I wrote a letter to some cow in Animal Crossing.

Comment

Originally posted by billy_dimashq View Post
        I really liked the father/son bit when you have to pick him up from school and help him with his homework and sort out dinner, even choosing when to send him to bed. I haven't cared that much about an NPC since I wrote a letter to some cow in Animal Crossing.
        Yeah, I actually felt a sting in my conscience when he got scolded by the teacher for not doing his homework, when his dad (that is "me") was too busy exploring the house and drinking beer to help him. I did give him the decent dinner at least.

Come to think of it, maybe the government could have all people about to become parents play that part and then decide if they are appropriate, what with all these babies dying with neglecting parents playing WoW or something...
        Last edited by Guts; 01-03-2011, 19:56.

Comment

I'm playing through this a 2nd time and wondering

why the killer is showing so much compassion all the way through, for the baby, it's mother, why he sits alone in his office talking about the motives or the clues regarding the killer.. I dunno I know its supposed to make you think he's a nice guy and all that, but it just seems strange. Also that asshole cop after the bible basher scene where he pulled a gun on him, last time I just shot him as I was panicking, this time I actually calmed him down and he was arrestted.

When I got into the car with asshole cop, he says to me, 'he could have pulled a gun on me!! what were you thinking' and I was thinking, ? he did pull a gun on you, you saw it you dumbass.. a bug or something I guess or the cutscenes not fitting too well together, an oversight.

I'm trying to do as much as possible different this time, but I still don't see how anyone could do the 2nd trial.. you have to accept the first also!

Comment

I got the trophies for all the trials, which one was the second one? The electricity one? You just have to go the right way.

Theres not really any challenge to the game at all, I presume its so you can just basicaly pick what you want to do to the characters, though it does make havig difficulty levels redundant, as hard still isnt hard in the slightest.

Comment

Started this this evening. I really like the mundane and intimate moments with the children. The sombre, realistic atmosphere was totally ruined when the FBI whipped out his glasses. I laughed out loud at that bit. I suppose it marginally less ridiculous than the ending of Fahrenheit; perhaps I should have expected it from David Cage.

Annoyingly I saw a copy of the Move Edition when I was buying it the other day but thought it was the same content. Thinking about it now though I suppose it's likely the previous owner used the DLC code. I'll see at the end of it all if I want to play more.

Comment

Originally posted by Ady View Post
                Been playing this over Christmas with my sister (whom I bought the game as a Christmas gift). It was all going great, up until one of the dreaded, notorious glitches occured.

Basically, we're up to chapter 9 and went to switch off the console after a section. And no, there was no flashing save icon on the screen at the time.

We restarted the game, only to find that our save had been "wiped". The game started right from the very beginning again!
                That sounds terrible. How bad are the bugs with this? Have they been patched now?

EDIT: A very quick google suggests I could download one from the net and open the chapter if the worst happens.

Comment

I played it through and was fine. I think the problem was sorted after the first update.

Comment

Thanks for replying.

Did the dump scene earlier. The vocal for that ridiculous looking black dude was completely wrong. Didn't sound anywhere near heavy enough. I recognise the voice from somewhere, he must be the go to guy for phoned in performances in video games.

The controls in this game are basically terrible (non-motion). I hate tank controls, it's the thing that's put me off finishing The Nomad Soul. It makes you wonder what was wrong with good old point and click.

The QTE are actually quite effective at delivering a sense of panic. So far I've survived all the necessary scenes, so I'm getting just about enough of the right gestures and button presses in. If I fail one though I'm going to be seriously irked, though! I'm not quite familiar enough with the PS pad, so I often mess up on the shoulder buttons – perhaps it's because R1/R2 is less distinct cognitively than RT/RB.

Overall though very entertaining, keeps me wanting to 'turn the page'. Really love Shelby. I like the 'choose your own adventure' feel to it all. Every time I think about it as a modern p 'n' c I get all giddy inside.

My final feelings on the game will all depend on just how preposterous the plot becomes. I sensed it all falling apart when Madison questioned Ethan, but I think it's turned away from that plot line... Time will tell.

Anyone see the influence of The Boston Strangler?
                    Last edited by egparadigm; 06-09-2011, 21:20.

Comment

Finished. The game is good! The ending I did not see coming, and found it very unlikely, so will have to replay with it in mind. Definitely going to go through for the trophies and see what other scenarios I missed.

The only down side of the game is the controls – they're crap. But it is a leg up from Fahrenheit in so far as there's no supernatural explanation or bizarre sex scene.

EDIT: Seems like they designed the trophies to be as confusing as possible. There are so many different avenues it makes your head spin.
                      Last edited by egparadigm; 07-09-2011, 15:18.

Comment

This is still probably the best PS3 exclusive experience. Brilliant game, saw most of it when I had it.

Comment

Anyone with a Son or daughter play this? For me it made the game even more intense, what would I do for the life of my son?

Comment

Got all the trophies now. Not sure I would recommend that part of the game. It's very time consuming, repetitive and pedantic... Pedantic because sometimes there are conditions which you do not realise you have to complete for the trophy, such as you have to let Shaun ride on your shoulders for an unspecified time and play through the homework scene to get 'Happy Birthday'.

On to the DLC next!

Comment

I finished this game just before Christmas in one sitting. Infuriating in parts (I was just using the DS3), not just because of the controls but because you don't always know what action a particular button is going to perform (e.g. at one point you need to get out of a car quickly).

All in all, I would not have paid ?40 for this (it lasted ~7 hours and I have no intention of starting it again) perhaps ?20-25 brand new and they would not have lost so much to 2nd hand sales.

Comment

Working...
                              X