No announcement yet.

Blur [360/PS3/PC]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Played this last night for a few races, won my very first race out of the block, then got lots of 2nd and 3rds before one race were I came 8th out of 9. I cant honestly see myself buying the final game. It has good bits but the whole power ups thing is very hit and hope, Turbo, Shield and Repair are simple, the 3 bolts thing is fine too, Shock is interesting, but what exactly does that bloody Orange thing do? Is it a mine?

It is just chaos though if you get stuck in the pack, you really gotta make a play for the lead early on, otherwise you'll end up getting mashed and bounced round the place, and I find that's the difference between this and Mario Kart / Wipeout. In those, you can be bombed out of the race in the 2nd lap, but still be in the mix coming to the end of lap 3, there is no Super Power up that will affect the track or take out many vehicles. I will give it another go, currently at Rank 4, but unless this launches and can be picked up cheap, (and it wont be as it's Activision) I will be waiting for the price drop, sub £20 pick up, or second hand copy.

Comment

Those are the kinds of thngs that they're trying to fix / iron out, by having a beta of the game. Fingers crossed that they are sorted for the final release.

Comment

I have a spare code for this if anybody wants it. PM me.

Comment

I'm liking the whole 20 player epicness, but the cornering is dodgy at best, making hitting the right powerups difficult.

It could really do with loop the loops and jumps and stuff too. It's a bit bland at the mo.

Is it just me or do drifts seem to just turn the car while you slide into the wall sideways rather than actually helping you round the corner.

Comment

Having said all that, I had a great time playing it

Comment

There was a patch for this recently wasn't there? i think it addressed some of the powerups and the wall riding.

Comment

They've updated it last night to up the ranking level you can achieve which opens a couple of new cars and perks. Well not perks, but whatever they're called in this!

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                  They've updated it last night to up the ranking level you can achieve which opens a couple of new cars and perks. Well not perks, but whatever they're called in this!
                  "Mods" isn't it? But yeah, basically perks.

Still loving this. Love the neon and light trails. Bit reminiscent of RR4.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                    Is it just me or do drifts seem to just turn the car while you slide into the wall sideways rather than actually helping you round the corner.
                    it's not you, I don't like the handling of Blur at all, drifting doesn't really work here, you'll lose a lot of speed or the car will just spin... takes away a lot of the sensation of speed you need when playing an arcade racer if you ask me, games like RidgeRacer, Outrun2 and Burnout all did it better...
                    Afterplaying it for several hours when I just got the Beta I haven't touched it again, it just doesn't excite me at all when playing it.

Comment

This is now public, so no need for keys anymore.

Comment

This might as well become the Blur Proper topic.

I'm playing the full version on the Ps3 and its bloody fantastic imo. Played some career which reminded me of PGR, one of my faves. And 7 races online, 3 podium finishes (2 wins). Level 4 ish. Its indeed CoD on wheels.

After some career I quickly understood the power ups and their use. Managed to block them a whole lap online by picking up the right ones (such as barge when a shunt came in) and secure the win.

I was never in the Beta, but there seems to be a negative vibe around it. My full game experience is really different.

Love the presentation, neon lights, music...

Comment

What's the single player like? Is there a lot to it? Or is it heavily slanted towards multiplayer?

Comment

Like PGR. Which I find a fun setup.

Chapters with races, destruction, one on ones... In those events you can earn fans, lights and have to complete secondary objectives. All to unlock cars, other chapters etc.

Comment

Cool, thank you for that.

I did enjoy the MP demo of Blur but was quite worried in case there wasn't much in the way of single player in it. Sounds like my fears were unwarranted though

Comment

This looks awesome, love the colours and visuals. Will be picking this up when i have some cash to spare, thank god i wasn't sold on that split/second demo.

Comment

Working...
                                X