No announcement yet.

Blur [360/PS3/PC]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has the handling been improved from the beta?

I loved the way the cars handled in the PGR series but the drifting in the Beta seemed pretty poor.

Comment

I love this game. And to think that when it was announced I thought it looked teeeeeeerrible.

Just played a load of the online multiplayer. Good lord it's good. It seems even better than the beta, but as we can't directly compare them now it's hard to say why. The docks track has changed a little from the Beta as it now features waterlogged parts that are harder to control in. In single player, there's more affects, like low flying planes in the off road level that were't there in the beta.

But the new tracks are fantastic. My favourites so far are a race around the beach near the Golden Gate Bridge and another track at the docks where you drive through a ship.

There are loads of new mods and new cars, the Monster Truck Beetle being my favourite so far. There's fair amount of difference in the handling and some of the grippy cars like the new Renault will probably appeal to those who thought the beta's cars were too sluggish.

I'm really surprised about the single player. I thought it would be annoying getting hit by powerups from the AI, but it's been very well designed. Like PGR, it isn't all racing, there are Destruction events where the aim is to destroy a load of weak cars using bolts (time is added for each car wrecked) and an excellent time attack mode, where the only powerups are nitros or stopwatchs that add a few seconds to the clock.

And I think it looks and sounds stunning. It's probably not a technical tour de force, but the art design, presentation and sound effects blow me away.

I'm away this weekend so I won't get to play any more. It will be a lovely weekend, but deep down I gutted. I want more Blur.

Comment

I have to say that some of those requirements for unlocking the one on ones are kind of annoying.

I'm actually not too keen on the time attack which requires you to grab power ups, but the rest is good and yes the online play is a blast. Its not purely about winning, its also about trying to get those challenges. Even if you finish last, you can still rack up a good Fan score and get awards for longest jump, most fans, etc.

Comment

can you play the career 2-player split screen?

Comment

I'm really developing a craving for this. Has anybody played it with the microsoft steering wheel or is everybody playing using normal controllers?

Comment

Got this for the PS3 today and can't stop playing it online, it's really excellent and it looks and sounds fantastic

Comment

Not been online yet as I've just been trying to unlock cars and mods in single player but this is great. For me, the best racing game since Burnout Paradise.

If anyone wants some games online(360) drop me a message.

Comment

Originally posted by FamiDude View Post
                  Not been online yet as I've just been trying to unlock cars and mods in single player but this is great. For me, the best racing game since Burnout Paradise.

If anyone wants some games online(360) drop me a message.
                  Does that only include people on your friends list? Because requests are not accepted.

Comment

Loving this, the music, audio and visuals mixed with the fantastic gameplay gives me a massive grin. Just completly finished the first event on sp. Can't wait to get stuck into it more later. The difficulty and A.I imo is just right, doesn't feel like you are getting cheated. Haven't noticed any rubberbanding yet.

The reviewer on IGN clearly played a different game to me. Seriously.

Comment

Picked this up on 360 (and split second on ps3 form some more passive single playerin) anyway its a good game, i think they should of made it a bit more arcadey, theres a lot of corner coasting going around, just grind along the rail to corner etc.

But yeah its great fun and pretty good laugh

Comment

It's hard to explain this one.

Usually I'm pretty decent at racing games, but this is one I'm finding really challenging. Despite that though, it just keeps me playing, trying to get those 35 fans I was short last time round or going for first place now that I know where each power up is.

I'm also loving the 'Previously, on Blur' every time you load up.

As for people who were put off by the lack of drifting in the demo, once you hit the 3rd tier, you get some sweet driftmobiles.

Comment

Its all about where and when you use the power-ups really. Once i got that down was finding the game alot easier. The only power up i have trouble with is aiming the bolts, i'll probably get better with those with practice.

Comment

Question for those with the game - I want to get this but I have neither the time or money for it right now. I played the Beta and noticed the Halo-like matchmaking system. Does this mean if I were to get it in a few months I will be matched up against those with a low level too? Basically I don't want to be getting my ass kicked by joining the game 'late' but if matchmaking puts the player with fellow noobs I'll definitely pick this up in the summer.

Comment

Does anyone else get messages about Family Settings when they go into the Friends Challenges? I don't have any family settings switched on...

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisField View Post
                                Does anyone else get messages about Family Settings when they go into the Friends Challenges? I don't have any family settings switched on...
                                Sorted this. It was a setting in my profile (not family settings) that was blocking content..

However... I don't see any options at all for Facebook or Twitter? Where should I see them? Im playing the 360 version...

Comment

Working...
                                X