No announcement yet.

Blur [360/PS3/PC]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

played it for several hours and I can't say I'm that impressed by it, I don't like the handling, the cars have lot's of grip and when they start sliding they lose a lot of speed.... it's just not giving you a sensation of speed and mayhem like a game like BurnoutRevenge where you go with high speed drifting over the track battling, I like handling in arcade races like for example OutRun2, RidgeRacer and Burnout where you maintain speed through most of the course when you know the tracks..

on the positive side, it worked perfectly fine with 20 people online and the weapons are really well balanced out.
    I had a few laughs but it never really got me excited,
    I really hope SplitSecond won't dissapoint because I'm looking forward to a decent arcaderacer...

Comment

The three times I have tried this, I have had real trouble getting a game. It's nowt to do with my NAT settings (I'm open). I have only managed one actual game and it semed ok but was quite brief. Hopefully I can play some more so I can form an opinion on this.

Comment

I have 3 spare codes first people get one !

Comment

Ditto here, got three codes so just PM, first come first served

Update: Gotta go and won't have access to my email over the weekend so first to use this wins

RCA6-JRKQ-XG7M-CHDQ
          Last edited by Neon Ignition; 12-03-2010, 15:54.

Comment

I have so much time and respect for BC, but the demo is utter pants imo . Hope the final game is much better than this

Comment

I'm actually rather enjoying this... the fact somehow I've won 40% of my races so far might have something to do with it too
              Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

I'm completely unable to play. I just keep getting 'Unable to create a multiplayer session' then it kicks me back.

Comment

That's exactly what I get most of the time

Comment

I am absolutely loving this. Great fun! Can't wait for the final thing.

Comment

Not really a fan of racers but must admit I enjoyed the 2 quick games I had of this earlier. Did remind me why I don't like playing with randoms on live though, plenty of lame cusses flying about.

Comment

i cant even get the code to work on the blur site!

try to register....says an account already exists with that email + username. dont remember ever using activisions site tho...

go to password reminder

no account exists using that address.

Comment

I had the same issue mate because I have a login for Infinity Wards forums so it must be conflicting with that. In the end I setup with a different email address and it worked so I would suggest giving that a go.

As for the beta itself. Its been working fine for me most of the time but then it is a beta and given so I think it's holding up pretty well. I've seen it lag quite badly with the full quota of 20 players but I've since gone and put the region filter to local preferred and so far I've not seen any problems... obviously not many people playing it right now and so you'd be connecting to quite distant opponents.

As for the game itself. Its not bad but I think it still needs some work. The speed isnt quite there but then we're dealing with class D/C/B cars and I would gather the higher spec. cars would hoon along. I agree with the handling as well or more specifically use of the e-brake. Drifting to me just doesnt feel right, there is no edge of control you're either not drifting enough for the turn or you've lost it and lost all speed in the process.

I dont think it needs to be like burnout in that respect but even PGR had a near-perfect balance if you chose to corner this way.

Comment

Trust me, Class A really rattles along when you unlock it (rank ten). I do agree that drifting can be tricky, and the handbrake doesn't seem to function so well as a good timed slowdown and turn (although you have to completely wary of all the idiots attempting to wallride their way around the track). The higher you get the later cars do drift better in general, but which one you pick depends on the track being played...
                            Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

after playing this Blur beta I've also played Burnout:Revenge again online to see how it aged and it's sooo much better, the whole spectacle and handling of the cars is much MUCH more fun... I just don't like the sluggish handling (yes even with the A class cars) in Blur when going through some tighter corners, also when racing in the middle of a large group of people there is too much chaos and no skills will safe you there... When the full game is the same as the beta version of Blur I will def not buy it, my hopes are up for SplitSecond !

Comment

Anybody know anything about whether the next Geometry Wars will be included with Blur? I think I spent longer playing Geometry Wars Waves on the PGR4 disc more than PGR4 itself.

Comment

Working...
                                X