No announcement yet.

Battlefield Bad Company 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm up for some. Haven't played this for ages.

Comment

I'm going to have to miss most of the night, if not all of it, as I'm watching Swindon in the Play Offs (on Sky). Depending on how it ends I may jump in for a game.

Comment

I ain't played this for a while now either. Maybe it's just me, but it seems the majority of those still regularly playing it are hardcore players. I say that because over the days I did play it last, I kept running into level 30+, level 40+ and even level 50 players.

Comment

Nah, I've been playing again the last week or so and I'm level 26 I think and encountered a wide range of levels in all my games. Sure you get the odd level 40 etc but mixed in with lower ranks also.

Comment

Played with a level 40 last night, or rather, against one.

About 2000 points clear of everyone else in the entire match.

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus View Post
              Played with a level 40 last night, or rather, against one.

About 2000 points clear of everyone else in the entire match.
              I'm currently a 30 and had a good one against a 42 on Isla Inocentes tonight. When we were attacking I got the Ace Pin with them coming second overall, then on defence they scored more than me, but I took their tags.

Comment

Originally posted by Rossco View Post
                Nah, I've been playing again the last week or so and I'm level 26 I think and encountered a wide range of levels in all my games. Sure you get the odd level 40 etc but mixed in with lower ranks also.
                That's relieving to hear as playing against level thirtysomethings and fortysomethings, though initially quite fun and challenging, soon leads to regularly coming off second best and subsequent frustration. Least that's my experience.

I guess what I'm ultimately saying is I'm not that good at the game and don't like dying.

Comment

Haha, just camp it up then. I've found more and more people doing that these days. Need to get back playing with a group of people from here as it's a different game when you're actually playing as a real team.

Comment

Just fired this up after a few weeks away, and found myself playing Domination match with 300 spawn tickets. Was that patched in? Seems a bit much, especially as Arica Harbor was almost completely levelled by the time we got down to about 150 apiece.

Comment

God ive got a love/hate relationship with this game, i love to play it , but most people have moved on, and i hate the noobs playing it, repairing a tank , ok wait come back ,boom their dead, so am i after the guy or tank shoots me, or jump out a tank to take a point which is hot and me trying despairingly to shoot about 4 or 5 guys , some with C4 or RPG, or just the team of snipers playing conquest taking no points, drives me crazy.

Comment

Any idea what the 283MB download update is for today?

I know the VIP Pack 3 is also unlocked today, but I don't get what the MP update does? It just states "Update contains new content that will improve and enhance your Battlefield Bad Company 2 experience. Also includes new store items available for purchase separately."

????

EDIT - found it!

Last week saw the release of Battlefield Bad Company 2 version 1.03 on the PlayStation 3 worldwide, which you can read about here. An additional update went out in North America to bring the game up to version 1.04. That update will be available in Japan today (June 7th) and in Europe tomorrow (June 8th). Additionally game servers will be updated in each region as the update goes out to everyone.

The following changes are in the 1.04 update of Battlefield Bad Company 2.

o Vehicles can now be damaged by friendly fire when playing Hardcore.
                        o The MG36 now properly has its red dot sight in Hardcore.
                        o Damaged vehicles no longer blink on the minimap for soldiers without a powertool.
                        o SPECACT kits can be used on all SDM and SR levels.
                        o 40mm Shotgun is now properly rewarded platinum at 500 kills not 1000.
                        o G3 and Mk14 can now use the AR Marksman specialization.
                        o Fixed a graphical issue when equipping the GOL with a 4x or Red Dot sight.
                        o Scoring is now awarded after a player’s death.
                        o Increased Tickets in Conquest mode and significantly increased Ticket Bleed when holding a majority or more of flags.
                        o The Conquest Horn now only plays for a short time when running low on Tickets.
                        o Updated the weapon stats in the Menu to reflect previous weapon balance changes (no additional weapon balance changes were made).
                        o Increased the power of the UH-60 miniguns at long range.
                        o Armored Vehicles are now more effective at running over soldiers.
                        o Fixed an issue on Isla Inocentes where destroying a fence would also destroy the building containing an MCom.
                        o Fixed various hangs and exploits.

An optional content update for the Xbox 360 will also be available on the 9th June. Though it is optional the update contains numerous gameplay tweaks. As such we highly recommend all players apply the update as soon as it is available. The update will be required to access future VIP Map Pack content. Players will be automatically prompted to download this update when they access the Multiplayer menu. You will need to restart Battlefield: Bad Company 2 for the update to take effect.

A VIP pass is not needed to utilise the update, however a VIP pass is required for access to the upcoming VIP Map Packs. VIP Codes are available through the in game store and inside all new copies of Battlefield Bad Company 2.
                        Last edited by englishbob; 09-06-2010, 17:29.

Comment

It contains various new bits and bobs that will unlock if you pay for it and probably the extra code for the co-op mode which this patch is needed for.

Comment

Is it me or since the patch the visuals are even better now. Everything on the 360 looks smoother to me with no tearing whatsoever.

Comment

I think DICE has ruined the game, one of battlefield's biggest problems was always with snipers, now with more tickets snipers mortar the crap out of everything and then with no cover they pick you off while your taking points , cause 90% of the cowards do nothing but camp and snipe, less tickets please , i dont want to be snipers K/D bait no more.

Comment

Mr. Bubbles, he speak heap big truth. The increased ticket thing just turns conquest into a snipers' paradise, who routinely level the place with mortars well before half the tickets are gone. The "significantly increased 'ticket bleed'" when a team hold a majority of positions doesn't compensate at all, as it's so much easier just to hold back and pick flag-capturers off from a distance as they run exposed through the rubble. Ruined, IMHO. Time for a trade-in and long, patient wait for the next decent online FPS.

Comment

Working...
                                X