No announcement yet.

Perfect Dark (XBL)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It certainly is better but I just think the analogue stick on the 360 pad isn't truly designed for the game. I have reached deep sea on perfect agent but man did I go almost mental on crash site. Had to do the infamous "walk away for a bit and come back to do it instantly"syndrome

Comment

Oh great. Now Legacy controls feel weird because I've got used to the other controls since the game was released on XBLA. I can't win!

Manual aiming is so much better, though. The brightness option is also very welcome. Just gotta get my head around turning and strafing again and then I can finally sneak into Area 51.

Comment

Oh man, for the second time ever I've finished Carrington Institute on PA. It seems harder now due to the enemies start time not changing depending on how long you leave the cut scene, but I managed to do it. That level is probably the hardest thing I've ever done in a videogame without it feeling cheap.

It's always down to you, I felt, but I managed to do it on my 10th try or so. Heart pounding, music booming. PDark, for that reason, is one of the best games in videogame history.

Ranked 241 out of 3607 on that leaderboard, not too shabby. I've seen some of the N64 world records and it's INSANE. I didn't even know you could get a devastator on the level.

edit: Just a hint. Turn auto aim off, headshots are a must on PA and auto-aim targets the body.
        Last edited by Dezm0nd; 09-05-2010, 09:19.

Comment

I updated today and yrs it now feels weird. At the same time they look to have fixed manual aiming. Now on with Perfect Agent.

Comment

I solved the weird controls issue by dragging out the N64 and doing a couple of levels in GoldenEye. After that, Legacy felt normal when I went back to the 360. I noticed the sniper rifle doesn't work properly now, though. Zoom and moving the target are on the same stick. Makes taking out the rooftop guards on the Villa more interesting, you could say. It's pretty funny that they fixed so much stuff but messed up something that was completely fine before the update.

I forgot how fun it is going for the cheats. It's been YEARS since I've done this. Playing a game to unlock more stuff became a standard thing after GoldenEye and Perfect Dark, but no one did it quite the same as Rare. It's a bit of a shame, really.

Comment

Jesus, just done this on perfect agent. The hardest level for me is definitely Carrington Institute.

Still an amazing game, even if the MP is slightly dated (luv u complex)

Comment

Slowly plugging away at this on Agent, not much time for gaming at the moment so a few missions per week is the most I can squeeze in. The game is as fantastic as my memory recalls, but the music is even better. It still blows my mind that they managed to squeeze all of this onto an N64 cartridge - Rare really were stunning developers back in the day.

Comment

Working...
                X