No announcement yet.

Super Mario Galaxy 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually tried that before and found is impossible still. Oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by Rossco View Post
      I actually tried that before and found is impossible still. Oh well.
      I'm no maverick gamer by any means and I did it the same way as was suggested earlier. run around to the bottom, start at the left, shoot out a fireball and rinse and repeat from left to righ and hey presto, done. took me 2 goes to nail it.

Chin up buddy! don't let the star defeat you!

Comment

Some of the more difficult levels don't seem so difficult if you skip them play further and return to them later.

Comment

I feel ever so slightly underwhelmed by the green star challenge. I forced my way through all the 120 stars and I really can't be arsed with this green star challenge thing. pointlessly wandering around levels to find some dumb star just makes me wonder why I'm actually bothering. I got the first 10 but I'm not going to bother with the other 110. screw that.

Comment

Just got 120 stars but but oddly the icon for
            doesn't have the silver crown indicate it's complete and there is a gap in the Star List indicating there should be another glaxy but nothing is showing up.

Also, 2 green lumas have appeared on the ship talking about

some special crystals and how before I go and get them I need to beat "that guy"

. Not really sure what I'm missing here.

Any advice?

Comment

Originally posted by C' View Post
              Any advice?
              If you have 120 starts

and beat Bowser once again you unlock the green stars challenge (120 in total) and after collecting all green stars you unlock two other stars in the final stage that will appear in World S

(I think, still have to get that far).
              The lack of silver crown on World S sounds strange though if you did all galaxies and prankster comets there.

Comment

I completed the final boss over the weekend and considering the difficulty of other Stars, I don't think I'll be able to grab 120!

Much like Super Mario Galaxy and Mario 64 after completion, I can't think how Nintendo can top it or how I could have made the game any better. The sheer amount of fun and complexity Nintendo can create out of thin air is staggering. Every single Galaxy , even the much derided Glide Galaxy, were immense fun to play through and the amount of them that will be remembered as platformer classics in years to come, are too numerous to mention.

I can't begin to imagine how Nintendo made a game that feels modern and completely original but takes me back to my childhood like no other game this generation has been able to do. This is one of the reasons I continue to play games and why I picked up a controller in the first place.

Now, do I even stand a chance to beat that monkey in all of his challenges?!

Comment

Unable to really get into anything else I've sunk myself into this at least. Just reached 41 Stars halfway through World 3. So far it's more mind warping than SMG but a similar difficulty, I'm finding

Comment

Starting this this morning. I loved the first Galaxy, this has started off and I'm right back already.

Infact, the only reason I have stopped is I have to get the housework done before the football.

I'll be on this tonight and I'm itching to play it right now.

Genius. Totally.

Comment

Started going for the
                      stars this last two weeks. The more I play of it, however, the more certain I become that this is a lazy fetch quest. I have enjoyed the occassional search for randomly copy+pasted iconography in the past, but this is actually quite poor by Nintendo standards.

The worst part about it is the fact the prescribed camera angles make it very difficult to (a) see where the mysterious star sound is coming from (you often can't look in first person) and (b) judge the distance to the desired object. Furthermore, most of them require very awkward jumps to reach, which are more tedious than adrenalin-inducing.

Comment

The green stars are really just a way to give it some replay value.

Though if you think about it, it is still a much better reward for fully completing it than in any other Mario game.

Completed this recently and Id say that most of them arent that hard to find/get at and its deffinitley worth getting them all as it opens up another level that has proper stars in it.

Comment

Revisited this game recently. I got 120 stars last year when it was released and left the green stars for later. I finally got them all this weekend and opened up the last galaxy.

Grandmaster Galaxy really is something else. I managed the first star after dozens and dozens of attempts but The Perfect Run has utterly defeated me so far. This is some genius, world-beating level design, here. I can see myself being stuck at 241 stars forever.

Has anyone here done all 242? I'm not even asking for hints since I know exactly what I have to do, but doing it is another matter entirely. You'd have to be a platforming master to pull this off. The sense of satisfaction after finishing it must be immense and I really want to get there, but damn. You have to applaud Nintendo for this. It's just crazy!

Comment

I'd not even heard of this before

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

CRAZY! This guy is a platforming legend. Makes it look easy.

Comment

I refuse to watch a video... yet. It's a pride thing.

And y'know, you end up with dozens of lives that you don't ever need throughout this game but they're lost every time you switch it off. They would actually be really handy for this last star.

Comment

Success! Finally. 242 stars and all done. I am very relieved and rather pleased with myself.

I definitely prefer Galaxy 2's green stars to having to play the whole game over again like in the first Galaxy. It was nice revisiting the levels and approaching them slightly differently like that. I'd say the hardest galaxies were

Stone Cyclone and Flip Out

. Those ones were actually annoying rather than being challenging in any enjoyable way.

Really don't know where Mario can go from here. Surely the new Mario on 3DS might seem kinda dull after the Galaxy games if it ends up being a straight platformer? Nintendo must know what they're doing, though. They've proved time and time again they can do this better than anyone else, after all.

Comment

Working...
                                X