No announcement yet.

Super Mario Galaxy 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK so I've got 120 stars. What happens now? I don't know what those 2 green stars on the spaceship are babbling on about??
    Don't look at me, I'm irrelevant.

Comment

Originally posted by figflair View Post
      OK so I've got 120 stars. What happens now? I don't know what those 2 green stars on the spaceship are babbling on about??
      you need to complete the last bowser level again =)

Comment

See, I'm liking this and I considered the first game to be the best ever. However, it does feel a lot more tired than the original, which is understandable considering it uses the same engine. It's just not as...magical as the first game, I suppose.

Still better than 99% of games I've played though!

Comment

Got this Friday and now have 102 star. This really is a master class in games design. I was a little disappointed with the first game. As it just kept re-using boss fights and stages. The whole play the game again as Luigi was a very drawn out way to lengthen the game. They have taken all the good bits of the first one and added to it. Making this a truly great sequel.

Comment

30ish stars in and what a pleasure to play. Just like the first one I have had a consistant smile on my face whilst playing it. It is just SOOoooo much fun!

That is all......

Comment

I have so little time on week days to play any Videogames that I really appreciate games where you can play for just 20 minutes, but get the same enjoyment as if you had been playing for hours.

As merf & Rossco have said, you can spend hours lost in this world or just play a single galaxy.

Last night I had a spare 20 minutes and played a secret galaxy, it was the first I've ever seen the Game Over screen on!

It's a galaxy where there's a floor filled with toxic stuff and clouds lined up to collect 5 silver stars. I had 6 lives and that level took me down to none!

I think I'll have a long break before I try that Galaxy again!

Comment

Has anyone else got to a point where they cannot progress without completing a bunch of stars that are too difficult and no fun? I have a bunch of chimp trials and flying levels. Really not enjoying this part.

Comment

Originally posted by Resonance View Post
                  I have a bunch of chimp trials and flying levels.
                  I kept
                  as my last challenge; after completing the game one time, I went back to the first galaxy and worked my way to the endgame by grabbing the few Comet Medals missed and completing each galaxy in order. Flying levels are easy, maybe the last requires a couple of lives to complete, but it's far from being difficult. Same goes for Chimp trials, only the last requires some real effort to be completed.
                  What I really disliked are levels

where you need to clear boxes with the Fire Flower

. Disliked them in the first Galaxy too.

Comment

Is there really screen tearing in SMG2?

Comment

Never noticed any tearing. Aliasing does pop up from time to time.

Comment

I get it quite a lot (PAL version). Weird.

Comment

What screen mode are you playing in? Maybe they turn off vsync when it's running at 50Hz or something?

Comment

480p

It's not totally impossible that the disc is not the final retail version. (but packaging is final, so most likely the disc is too)

I had to install some wad file to get the game working with Gecko. (to bypass the forced update) Maybe that did something?

Comment

Really? I thought that Gecko pulled the relevant files from the disc for you and ran on the fly?

Comment

That's what it's supposed to do and has done until now. I didn't fully understand what I did and have forgot the part that I did! I just googled the error message and found the instructions.

Comment

Working...
                                X