No announcement yet.

Super Mario Galaxy 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But surely Japan itself is in 3D? I can't understand how an entire nation of people would have more difficulty than another!?

Comment

Originally posted by FullSpecWarrior View Post
      But surely Japan itself is in 3D? I can't understand how an entire nation of people would have more difficulty than another!?
      Lol. New MMORPG - World of Walking

Comment

Just finished world one and, boy, was that awesome. I'm loving the new

drill and cloud

power ups, fantastic additions.

Comment

Anyone watch the challenges on the dvd. What a goal to set for some new mario players. Insane!

Comment

Explanation for people who have US Wiis?

Comment

So the US version didn't come with the how to play Super Mario Galaxy 2 tutorial dvd then?

Heres the Mega64 version:

On the dvd it has a section on challenges, demonstrating pros from Japan playing SMG2. Proper hardcore skills, not something that should be on a beginners dvd. :P
              Last edited by SuperBeatBoy; 11-06-2010, 19:26.

Comment

So the US version didn't come with the how to play Super Mario Galaxy 2 tutorial dvd then?
                Nope, just the plain old manual.

Proper hardcore skills, not something that should be on a beginners dvd. :P
                Like the "tutorial" videos found in NSMBW then? This does make the DVD much more interesting than a simple animated manual.

Comment

You can watch it here, fast forward to 3:30 to see them. Its from the japanese version though.

Comment

i've just picked it up today on the way home from work have only spent about an hour with and so far its alot of fun , think i may watch the DVD tomorrow just to see whats on it it is saying on the back of the dvd it is on for just under half hour

Comment

played into the 3rd galaxy last night and I'm really loving it, just a barrage of happiness and new experiences.

as for the example given a couple of pages page that this isn't a big enough leap forward and citing Drake 2 as the way to do a sequel what a joke. Drake 1 was awful ( I loved the 2nd) so the bar wasn't exactly that high to beat out of sight was it ?

Comment

Drake 1 was awful ( I loved the 2nd) so the bar wasn't exactly that high to beat out of sight was it ?
                        Drakes was hardly awful, but a well made and well produced game . Drakes II just built on it, and even though the 'Gameplay' remains largely unchanged its feels new, thanks to improvements in visuals, vastly different locations, Art , and a fantastic set of New Characters and story

What do we get with Mario Galaxy II, A game that looks and sounds almost exactly the same , and well plays exactly the same. Its noting more than Wing Commander Secret missions, but for Mario Galaxy, everything the same just a new set of missions.

But surely Japan itself is in 3D? I can't understand how an entire nation of people would have more difficulty than another
                        How the hell they handled Mario 64 I'll never know

Comment

Originally posted by merf View Post
                          played into the 3rd galaxy last night and I'm really loving it, just a barrage of happiness and new experiences.

as for the example given a couple of pages page that this isn't a big enough leap forward and citing Drake 2 as the way to do a sequel what a joke.
                          Completely agree. Total joke.

Comment

A game that looks, sounds and plays the same isn't exactly a crime. I think there's a a good case for "if it ain't broke, don't fix/ruin" it when it came to visual and audio style. The controls were fine. What has changed or been expanded on, if you play it, is the level design and some new fun mechanics. The level design is far more crazy than the first. In an amazing way, that has made me think that this is an excellent sequel.

There are many other game series that have had hardly any treatment in the visual/audio/control department, but have been appreciated and very much enjoyed.

Is the crime that Nintendo put a '2' at the end of the title?

Comment

Originally posted by hoolak View Post
                              A game that looks, sounds and plays the same isn't exactly a crime. I think there's a a good case for "if it ain't broke, don't fix/ruin" it when it came to visual and audio style.
                              Like some of us try and keep on saying , We're not calling it a 'bad game', we're not saying more of the same isn't bad, or a 'crime' . Simply saying Mario Galaxy II is more of the same, which it is

I'm enjoying the game, but after 30 stars starting to get bored, just like with the 1st game . I don't think Mario Galaxy II is the be and end all, that's all, nor do I think its the best Platform game around .
                              I'll not take away for the level design or the charm, but I feel Mario 64 is the better game , and I enjoyed Drakes II more* (oh the crime)

*Waits for the abuse by the NCL faithful, like I've just attacked a Personal family member

Comment

Fair doos. I guess I read your comment ("more of the same right down to getting a bit boring after 30 stars or so") as a real negative.

The game has had me buzzing with gaming joy. It's a great break from the more mature looking and feeling type of games we mostly get these days.

Comment

Working...
                                X