No announcement yet.

Sonic the Hedgehog 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solid is really not good enough though, not after so many awful games. I don't want to pay £29.99 for 'solid basics'.
    Yes I did watch both and no matter how 2d the second section is, there are no diffcult jumps, nothing to actually explore. It is all automated and rather linear. It is like a more interactive QTE.

Comment

Colours looks far more fun than i had with the demo of sonic 4, in fact playing with the live dashboard was more fun than sonic 4

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
        Solid is really not good enough though, not after so many awful games. I don't want to pay £29.99 for 'solid basics'.
        Yes I did watch both and no matter how 2d the second section is, there are no diffcult jumps, nothing to actually explore. It is all automated and rather linear. It is like a more interactive QTE.
        Not being funny, but if thats an early level, how do you know it's the same for the later stuff? Fair enough, that could be the hardest the game gets, but it seems odd to be able to completely dismiss a game through a couple of You Tube vids and assume thats the entirity of what the game has to offer. But fair enough lol.

Just hope you didn't pay £10 for a quarter of a not even solid basics game if thats the case (Sonic 4)

Comment

Colours reminds me of the PSP Rivals games.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeRox View Post
            Not being funny, but if thats an early level, how do you know it's the same for the later stuff? Fair enough, that could be the hardest the game gets, but it seems odd to be able to completely dismiss a game through a couple of You Tube vids and assume thats the entirity of what the game has to offer. But fair enough lol.

Just hope you didn't pay ?10 for a quarter of a not even solid basics game if thats the case (Sonic 4)
            No you are correct in saying so, and I certainly wont dismiss the whole game. However there hasn't been a really high quality Sonic game for 15 or so years, since Sonic and Knuckles. All 3D Sonic games have been average at best with Sonic Adventure to utter crap.

Oh and no, I didn't get Sonic 4, at least colours does look better than that!

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
              Colours reminds me of the PSP Rivals games.
              The PSP Rivals game was one of the most horridly broken games I've ever played. Like, diabolically awful. And glitchy as hell too.

Comment

100%'ed this one now on the PS3. Freaking loved it - despite the hate on this forum its up there with the best of the years games for me! bring on Episode 2 I say!

Comment

I've got to agree with Shozuki on this. 200/200 it myself last night and after initially not being very impressed the better I got at the game the more I got out of it. The levels have been put together very well but this is only apparent on time trialling it due to the parts of the level that open up on top speed and pixel perfect jumps.
                  The homing attack adds to the level of control as it is a jump trajectory modifier, more than an EZ mode addition. The last boss is probably the hardest sonic boss ever but the level of control you have over Sonic meant that I could beat him without taking a hit in the end.
                  It's a real shame that a lot of people on here haven't given this the time and investment it deserves as it really is a little gem once you get your skills up and the most fun I've ever had with a Sonic game.

Comment

Originally posted by Stakers View Post
                    It's a real shame that a lot of people on here haven't given this the time and investment it deserves
                    Please don't assume that we don't like it because we didn't give it time. I played all the way up to the last boss. I still hate it. There are many reasons why I hate it and none of which are that I didn't give it the time. I gave it far more time than I should have, given my early reactions.

Comment

Sorry, didn't mean it as a personal attack. I was just suggesting that the benefits of the control scheme aren't apparent at first. I was very disappointed at first also but came round to how good it is once I learned how to control him properly.

Comment

This is on sale today so tried it out but..... What the hell????

Having played the Iphone version and really enjoyed it (gave it an 8) the 360 version is a bit dodgy.

Unless Im imagining things the iphone one actually plays alot faster and is more like sonic. The 360 version plays like youre a fat guy in a sonic suit.

Very weird indeed.
                        Last edited by rmoxon; 31-12-2010, 12:04.

Comment

Very impressed and yet another great Sonic game in the same year . Nice level design , great controls and nice little touches. ST Played a bit too safe with the GFX and sound, so hopefully they'll be improved for part II (just like the Mega Drive sequel)

Comment

I was lucky enough to play the original 2D sonics at the time (or thereabouts) I enjoyed them, alot*

*I don't care for Sonic 3...and unfortunately played the highly regarded Sonic CD.

Think I might get on with this? Sonic 2 is my personal favourite...

Comment

Have you downloaded the trial yet? I reckon that would be the best way to decide as, based on the posts in this thread and the internet in general, it's pretty much the physics deciding whether you'll like it or not. Also a fair few feel it's not long enough which you can't gauge from the trial, but that would depend on how much value you feel you're getting.

Comment

Duh.

Sorry, wrong thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X