No announcement yet.

Fallout New Vegas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ughh I HATE the bugs in NV. Loads more than was in Fallout 3 which is such a downer.
    Mine got stuck with the level-up meter not moving but hopefully it will still level up once I get the XP up still.

Comment

I often found those bugs could be avoided (or induced , if they were beneficial) by clearing the cache then loading the game up unpatched, seeing if that fixed the problem, then saving and redownloading the update

Comment

Originally posted by 112 View Post
        EDIT. On second thoughts I could be wrong, my memory is a bit hazy...

Dogg Thang, I too was dissapointed when I finally got into New Vegas :/

Thanks, 112. I just let it go and moved on though! A shame about the bug but I guess I know what I'm getting with a Fallout game. I haven't actually finished it and haven't played it in a while. It's not bad but I found the missions got very bitty in New Vegas - loads of little things that I didn't really feel hugely motivated to go through. Possibly just Fallout-fatigue.

Comment

Originally posted by Boris View Post
          I often found those bugs could be avoided (or induced , if they were beneficial) by clearing the cache then loading the game up unpatched, seeing if that fixed the problem, then saving and redownloading the update
          I tried the clearing cache trick at the time but it didn't work
          Think it made it run a bit more jumpy after that too.
          I had zero major bugs with F3 for the whole game whereas NV has been a pain from the get go - haven't played that much and had a few forced restarts.

Comment

One thing I noticed with Vegas was that the updates are bigger than normal, meaning they are saved on the HDD. So clearing the cache does not get rid of them, you have to go into Memory and manually delete it.

Comment

Thought I would give New Vegas another chance this weekend, only 10 minutes into my save and ended up wandering around cave for ages thinking I was missing the thing I was looking for. Checked online and found out it was a wide spread glitch where this particular mission can't be finished if you have visited that cave before, rendering the quest broken.
              You have failed me for the last time Fallout NV.

Comment

Was thinking about starting this again today, haven't really kept up with info regarding the expansions to it.

Are any of them essential?, or up the level cap, anything like that?

Comment

Don't know about the quality of the expansions, haven't played them, but each adds 5 to the level cap for a total of level cap 50 (30+5+5+5+5=50).

Comment

So, there are still "issues" with the game then?

As the ultimate edition has been released (Amazon have if for ?24.99 on my preferred platform - 360) I am considering it, though I will probably wait until the price drops below ?20 (I got the F3 GOTY for ?17.99).

Unlike F3 there does not appear to be a full guide to the game (and what there is apparently is not all it could be).

Comment

Sorry, bit of a bump as I've just started playing this.

One of the ace things about Fallout 3 was that if you saw something in the distance, you could make your way over to it. In NV the other night, I could see a dome in the near distance and I wanted to investigate.

After getting distracted and being ripped apart by Deathclaws in a cave, I reloaded and headed for the dome. However, the developer mofos had put up a load of invisible walls to stop me from getting in. Well, I invoked the spirit of Sketcz and decided to beat them. I glitched my way to the top of a mountain, fell through gaps in the invisible walls and managed to find the location. I had a mooch around and I was clearly in places I was not supposed to be because I got into the dome through "solid" walls! Inside were 3 rockets that were part of the story related to the site.

I couldn't get past the invisible walls to the bottom, but I could then fast travel there!

I then did the story related to that site! Take that invisible-wall-building cheating developers!

EDIT: There wasn't a game-playing glitch, just invisible walls intended to keep the Chimp out. They couldn't keep him under wraps for long.

Comment

Working...
                      X