No announcement yet.

Fallout New Vegas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm currently Lvl 22 and 21hrs in and I've got to be closing in on the end now as the different factions missions for me and are starting to cease one by one. There's been a couple of times were I've had to accidentally stumble across what to do next which is a bit poor but it's not been too bad. That said, once I started doing missions in Freeside... my god. Frame drops, freezes, glitches, bugs, crashes... you name it it's been happening. It's a bad area for them.

Comment

Spent all night on this last night and now around 26hrs at Lvl 24. I'm strongly tempted to spend all tonight on it and then call it a day completed or not. My PS3 either crashed or froze around 5 times last night due to the game and frankly, it's not worth risking the hardware for.

I've enjoyed it and I definately seem to be the late end of it but it's outstaying its welcome now and I'm getting tired of yo-yoing between characters to tell A that B said C and having to deal with the 6 load screens and risk of system failure on each journey. It has some great moments, last night I enjoyed exploring

Vault 11

, it's just time to part ways.

Comment

I never realised having the ps3 crash due to the games bug like nature could be harmful to the machine... I guess it makes sense when I think about it, but I implore you to continue on. I am at about the same level as you to be honest... and i am luving what I have played so far.

Plus I still aint entered the strip yet, just perambulating around it doing other things... It can be a bit hit and miss depending on the mission, but hit a good one like the one you spoilered in your last post and the game is a delight to play

Comment

If it wasn't for the constant issues I think I'd have preferred this one to Fallout 3. I like the darker sense of humour. Last night I opened the perk that highlights all unexplored areas and the size of the game is epic. I got the hint last night that it might be an issue with the way the game caches memory in the system as far as the crashes are concerned. After each restart the game would run much smoother with less freezing and after about an hour or so would get worse and worse with it getting worse the later in the game I get.

Comment

Well if we followed the recomendations in the game manual of taking a 10-15 min break every hour from gaming then we would be sorted!

Knew those guide lines were useful for something...

As for opening up all the waste up, I don't think I can bring myself to do it, as it would take away the mystery of what is in a dark patch of the map I have yet to explore.

BTW I am right in thinking you can only get a new perk when you level up every second time you level up right? Id die if it was a bug, limiting how many perks I got.

Comment

Mines always limited me to only getting a new perk every other level so not long ago I spent all my caps on body upgrades at a medical centre to boost a few areas to compensate.

Comment

With perciverance comes reward. It took all night but I finally finished last night, somewhere around the 30hr marker. For the poll I had to score it 7, the games missions and desing are great fun but rather than the personal preference 'issues' that people seem to like complaining about like killstreaks, or 30/60fps rates this game is an example of inexcusable build issues so it had to be docked in score because unnecessary frustration does dog it.

End of game Spoiler:

Decided to use the hammer of justice known as the Power Fist for much of the end of the game due to it's easy killing ability but ironically it turned out the most effective weapon was the one the Legion enemies carry themselves with the shotgun enhanced versions. Overall, I found the last mission something of a disappointment. It just seemed quite lazily done but I liked how the ending tried to cover what happened to as much of New Vegas and its characters as possible.

Comment

before putting this on hiatus a bit last weekend, i noticed there was a new patch for teh game 1.03 iirc...

Patched it but noticed nothing new... Don't suppose anyone knows what has changed? Some obvious glitches are still there like crashing and AI's interactibg with the environment 'badly' like sitting down on a stool but not sitting down, but actually floating in a sitting down position etc...

Im also annoyed still that i can't complete a quest because it refuses to let me talk to a key character, but instead gives me stimpacks or caps everytime i click on them, wouldn't normally mind, but im not exactly short on either of them any more, hmmm...

Comment

There's a console command that forcibly completes a quest (you need to know it's ID). Can't remember what it is but it should be easy to search for.

Comment

Do I need to play this Caravan card game?

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                        Do I need to play this Caravan card game?
                        Not if you don't want to. I haven't played a single game.

Comment

Cool. Just wanted to be sure that it doesn't become a big deal later on if I ignore it.

Comment

Has anyone picked up Honest Hearts? Does it raise the level cap? I've put the game down for now in the hope that the level cap will be raised soon, so I'm not earning XP pointlessly.

Comment

Yes, level cap raised by 5.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X