Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit (PS3, 360, PC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm lovin it, and yet to plug in the online (hopefully tmrw). The variety between the cop and racer events is great. I find myself doing the "just one more race thing as well". Which turns 1hr into two very easily. It will really open up when I get even further too I guess with Lvl 2/3 of EMPs n everything.

Comment

I think to Autolog adds a lot to the game. After adding Mayhem to my friends list it led me to just playing one event last night over and over just to try and beat his time which was well above that of my other friends. I will be going back to that event as well as I haven't beaten him yet

Comment

Its also quite demorilising too, I have Clique Republic on my autolog list and he seems to beat my time by at least 10 seconds nearly every time, no idea how he does it!

Comment

Probably best to delete him from your friends list until you are finished with the game

Comment

I bet I could beat him at Pacman DX

Comment

Originally posted by addict View Post
              I think to Autolog adds a lot to the game. After adding Mayhem to my friends list it led me to just playing one event last night over and over just to try and beat his time which was well above that of my other friends. I will be going back to that event as well as I haven't beaten him yet
              Out of interest... which one?

I'll admit I've gone back to replay events where I feel I can beat the leading time, and usually it's with more knowledge of the roads since I played the event, and probably a better car. Don't normally spend a whole evening on it though heh...
              Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

It was a duel between the Aston Martin and the Merc. It was one of those events when you know you can get a better time but you just have to have a clean run.

Comment

Im on the latter stages and so have very few people to challenge for autolog times, if anyone else is in a similar boat then please feel free to add me Marcus2704.

Does anyone else lose races by crashing against cars sitting stationary RIGHT ON the finish line? Its such a lame way to lose out!

Comment

Mixed feelings so far. Really enjoy the core game when I’m just trying to beat times, but all the gadgets and cop car crap is getting in the way; I just want to bomb around the tracks (preferably ones with zero traffic) listening to 4 minute guitar solos like Need for Speed II.

Comment

Got to level 20 most wanted yesterday. A big complaint I have with the game is the forced replays for crashes, but more so the cutbacks to the cops as they are introduced into the race. Aside of the way it throws you off, particularly on a bend, worse still is when you are wanting to use a shortcut and it cuts to a cop then when you are returned control you are past that shortcut. Towards the end, this is a real problem, particurly when you are after golds. A simple option to turn that off is all thats needed, also I dont care about slow-mo replays of cars crashing anymore either, let me turn that stuff off please.

Started in earnest on the cop side of things, which is fine except for the preview races where you are frustratingly punished for bumping into things.

Comment

I have to agree with your complaints there Marcus,they don't seem to have sorted out what should happen after the replay. Sometimes I find that my car has automatically start to drift round a corner and other times I just end up slamming into the barrier as the there isn't enough time to turn.

I have been trying to play this in equal ammount of both Cops and Racers as that way I don't have to go back to the slower cars by just playing one side first.

Comment

Originally posted by marcus View Post
                          Got to level 20 most wanted yesterday. A big complaint I have with the game is the forced replays for crashes, but more so the cutbacks to the cops as they are introduced into the race. Aside of the way it throws you off, particularly on a bend, worse still is when you are wanting to use a shortcut and it cuts to a cop then when you are returned control you are past that shortcut. Towards the end, this is a real problem, particurly when you are after golds. A simple option to turn that off is all thats needed, also I dont care about slow-mo replays of cars crashing anymore either, let me turn that stuff off please.

Started in earnest on the cop side of things, which is fine except for the preview races where you are frustratingly punished for bumping into things.
                          All very valid and particlarly annoying, I think Edge picked up on the cut scenes, one in particular had me write of the cop as I gained control and smashed into the side of him!

Those preview races really are a bit of a breaker for me.

Comment

true about the cutscenes, it didn't annoy me a lot, but I can understand that it can get to people nervers because it can ruin a race sometimes, In Burnout 3 and 4 you could turn them off...

Still though, this game is bloody amazing and easily the most fun arcade racer since BurnoutRevenge !! I can't get enough of this game, the bloody autolog is keeping me going fighting to be nr1 on the leaderboards, and it's bloody hard with all the stiff competition I have on my friends list ! really good stuff !!

Comment

The only time a crash cutscene is a bonus is if your approaching a road block any you wreck an opponent. The cutscene cuts in and puts you back in the action after the roadblock, automatically avoiding it for you and bags 200 points!

Comment

Trying to mop up the remaining golds as a cop, but all I have left (mainly) are the Rapid Response missions which I hate. For a game where the emphasis is on reckless fun, the inclusion of missions where you precisely have to navigate the track without suffering the time penalty loss of even a minor collision seems to go against the grain and is easily the most frustrating and unenjoyable aspects of the game. Im about 6 levels away from #20, but patience is wearing thin.

Comment

Working...
                                X