No announcement yet.

Dead Space 2 (PS3 / 360)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I just finished it. The last two chapters were rubbish but at least mercifully short so, while annoying, I managed to get through them without too much swearing. I appreciated the boss being stupidly easy as, by that point, I just wanted it to end. And end it did. Not really sure I know what was going on in this one but then I never read the text logs. Do we find out why

people are so hell bent on having those markers when they're so obviously bad news? Or what the aim of the marker is?

I don't really remember what we found out in the last parts of DS1 when we were at the

marker in that one.

Overall, ending parts aside, I felt it was mostly really good. Didn't wow me in the way the first did but it couldn't really. It was a bit unbalanced, oddly paced and I felt there were too many enemies. But it was still polished, looked excellent, had fantastic atmosphere and managed to create a sense of this future world in what felt like a very believable way. I just wish we got to enjoy it more (not too late to make a dating sim prequel).

It left me with no real urge to play DS3 but I am very glad I finally went back to this and played through it. A good game experience.

Comment

I think perhaps more about the marker is explained in loads of text logs I didn't read or perhaps in the graphic novels/animated film/DS:Extraction/Ignition.

Either way, in the first 10 minutes of DS3 there is a recap that instantly makes a whole load of stuff much clearer. Black Markers and Red Markers are mentioned, something which I can't recall every being discussed (or maybe I wasn't paying attention)

It was actually released as a trailer for DS3, which will be safe to watch now

Comment

The recap at the start of dead space 3 makes more sense than the story in any of the 3 previous games.

Yet then they went and spoilt it by making the Dead Space3 story make no sense, so the whole thing is confusing again.

Dogg Thang, if you haven't played dead space Extraction I suggest you do so, it's a great game, and then play the DLC for DS2 as it continues extractions story.

Comment

Thanks for that video, Boris. Yes, most of that info I remember from the two games but that puts it all together in a much clearer way. There was a mention of the marker being red in DS2, like it had significance at one point, but then seemed to be forgotten about.

I haven't got Extraction, Rmoxon. I know it's on Wii and PS3 but I have been playing on PC. I guess I could pick it up on Wii at some point but I really don't play it all that much any more. Didn't even know there was DLC for DS2 - a quick google search seems to suggest it might never have made it to PC.

Comment

You aren't missing a great deal, it follows a character from Dead Space extraction for a bit through some bits of level you already did in Dead Space 2.
            It doesn't really related to the main game from what I could see.
            Last edited by EvilBoris; 15-03-2013, 21:34.

Comment

I did play the iOS one a while back, which actually isn't horrendous.

Comment

I only finished DS2 like 2 weeks ago and I literally can't remember what happened other than the bit with the eye.

What was the horrid boss you guys were talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                  You aren't missing a great deal, it follows a character from Dead Space extraction for a bit through some bits of level you already did in Dead Space 2.
                  It doesn't really related to the main game from what I could see.
                  Well, considering its a light gun game Extraction has a great story and characters and I personally thought it was great to see them again in the dLC for DS2, even if it was a bit weird having an expansion for one game continue the story from another one.

I enjoyed the DLC personally, but mainly just becuase it continued the story. The first time I played it i hadnt played extraction in ages and was disapointed. However it works as a continuation. Only major gripe with it for me was that it wasn't long enough. It did end well though, I thought that the sadistically brutal ending was fun.
                  Last edited by rmoxon; 15-03-2013, 21:59.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                    What was the horrid boss you guys were talking about?
                    Well the last boss was

just the girlfriend and a marker spot behind her. Really easy. But the annoying guy was throughout the last two chapters and was basically just a black necromorph who kept regenerating. Think they were going for the RE Nemesis thing but it really didn't work for me. Just got messy and annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                      Well the last boss was

just the girlfriend and a marker spot behind her. Really easy. But the annoying guy was throughout the last two chapters and was basically just a black necromorph who kept regenerating. Think they were going for the RE Nemesis thing but it really didn't work for me. Just got messy and annoying.
                      In Dead Space 3 you have to deal with 2 of those things at once, and its pretty early in the game.

It's not fun.

Comment

One more DS2 thought - I was very aware that they didn't have any working soldiers. Ships out windows, light beams in the darkness, sounds and the odd body all just served to highlight the lack of actual humans in it.

Edit: This may be relevant to your interests - http://www.bordersdown.net/threads/7...=1#post2035301
                        Last edited by Dogg Thang; 16-03-2013, 15:52.

Comment

Started this the other day and up to chapter 5 now. So far I am enjoying it much more than the first. It's more exciting and a lot more fun. I found the first to be a bit of a slog around the middle section. It seems to have a mixture of the set pieces and limited exploration of the first in there too.

Comment

Finished it, loved it. The best third person action game after The Last of Us. Probably just as good overall but Last of Us has a better story. Utterly fantastic.

Comment

Working...
                            X