Legend of Zelda : Ocarina of Time 3D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Legend of Zelda : Ocarina of Time 3D

Wow. Just what my 3DS has been crying out for. A game with some meat to tuck into. Only up to Hyrule Castle so far, but I spent lots of time checking nooks and crannies before getting there.

The 3D effect is stunning. Prefer it on, at least (I turn it off for SFIV and PES). Turn it up to about 3/4 before I personally notice some ghosting.

Moving the whole console around to look or catapult works really well, but also has simultaneous Circle pad control too, thankfully.

Graphics and sound are lush. Should keep me busy for a while, until Nintendo and Capcom roll out more 3DS meat.
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%

It's utterly amazing. Everything they've done to it has improved it.

The battery life on the 3DS kills it a little, but as long as you keep it fully charged, nobody will mind.
    Last edited by Jebus; 16-06-2011, 17:57.

Comment

Stop.......talking.........about......this........ .game.........new........washing........machine... ...car...broken.....no.......money........

Comment

Nice impressions there shame my copy won't turn up until tomorrow

Comment

Public transport. Washboard. Buy Zelda 3DS

Comment

No free zelda cd for europe only usa and canada shafted yet again:$

Comment

Originally posted by BIG EDD View Post
              No free zelda cd for europe only usa and canada shafted yet again:$
              This actually sucks. I was on the fence about buying this game at launch, and this promise sealed the deal for me. Such a little bonus would really go a long way at making the game feel worth the asking price at launch. Will probably still pick it up though, only to play it for a couple of hours before getting sick of it again.

Comment

Europe is getting the free Zelda cd. You need to register your game with Club Nintendo before the end of June. The details are on the Nintendo UK site. Looks like winners will be picked out of a hat, instead of first to register, due to the problems with the Nintendo website. I've ordered Zelda and Child of Eden from Play, not used them in a long time. What are the chances of both turning up tomorrow?
                Last edited by Hazuki; 16-06-2011, 16:00.

Comment

Bought this today, had what was intended to be a quick go, ended up being a good couple of hours.

It's an excellent port. The graphics look lovely - it still very much looks like an improved version of the original game rather than a remake, but it still looks really nice - they seem to have have made new textures from the original sources rather than reusing the over-compressed N64 ones, the lighting system is massively improved making everything look much more alive, the pre-rendered indoor scenes are now real-time, the occasions when the original game appeared to drop in framerate are now running completely fine.

In terms of new content, I don't know what's here yet, but I have no complaints with thus thus far, and the game seems to be as fantastic today as it was 13 years ago.

Comment

Shakey_Jake33 its not a port, its a remastered edition of the game brought into the 21st century, hope i don't sound too pedantic.

Comment

Nice stuff gotta wait till my B`Day for mine at the end of the month. Sounds amazing can`t wait to buy it. All those memories .

Comment

@MisterBubbles - Maybe with just have different ideas about what the term 'port' means. It's still very much the same game it ever was, it's not been rebuilt from scratch or anything. Just heavily improved. It's an excellent game. It being a port isn't necessarily a critisism.

Comment

The bit at the beginning with Navi flying through Kokiri Village is too amazing in 3D.

I'm noticing the 3D in this more than in other games too.

Simply stunning!!

Comment

It also looks brilliant in 2D. Crisper. I'm actually prefering it this way.

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33 View Post
                              @MisterBubbles - Maybe with just have different ideas about what the term 'port' means. It's still very much the same game it ever was, it's not been rebuilt from scratch or anything. Just heavily improved. It's an excellent game. It being a port isn't necessarily a critisism.
                              I did say i hope i dont sound too pedantic

Comment

Working...
                              X