X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Radiant Silvergun XBLA

There are 4 main display modes:
    Lores1 - Saturn. Looks good.
    Lores2 - Saturn with AntiAliasing. Looks a bit pap really. Not sure why it's there.
    Hires - Good job with updating the moving stuff to hires. Nice increase in detail of shadows. No change to backgrounds from what I've seen so far.
    Hires with effect - erm. Makes the screen a bit darker. Not sure what it's for tbh.

I'll leave it to others to comment on the gameplay.
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%

The Saturn version still looks better in CRT imo, You're just missing that lovely crispness and shimmer that came with Saturn games and a Scart Socket . Plays almost exactly the same, just takes a while to get used to the control layout .

Hope Treasure make a Vita version too

Comment

Tate?

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
        missing that lovely crispness and shimmer that came with Saturn games and a Scart Socket
        Got to agree with you Team. XBLA ver is lovely and smooth but I prefer that unique shimmery look of the Saturn original, there's just something about it. But that's just personal preference. As it stands they've done a really great job. Only have the trial ver at present, jury's still out whether I buy the full ver.

Comment

Originally posted by FSW View Post
          Tate?
          Nope the Arcade/Saturn versions were 4.3 and the same is true here

Comment

It's always been a hori (with vert gameplay) shooter so no tate needed. Only moaning I've seen so far is the forced widescreen, no 4:3 support.

Good so far. Not sure if it was playing in 480p mode or just the amount/number of times I started a round but some gamer pics just unlocked.

Comment

Nope the Arcade/Saturn versions were 4.3 and the same is true here
              Lol, shows how long ago I played it

Comment

Goes without saying that I'm going to be all over this the moment I'm home. I was never able to play this properly. My Saturn isn't 60hz modded so I've only ever played it in slow 50hz (did complete it several times despite this), and emulators at the time just wouldn't run this full speed on my humble spec.

Comment

I'd never played Radiant Silvergun before today but was long aware of it's glittering status, indeed it seems to have an almost mythical reputation. But I have to say that for virgin RS gamers like myself, it's a shame the trial is so short and basic and unspectacular as it left me wondering how is it one of the most critically acclaimed 2D shoot em ups of all time. I'll probably buy it based on the incredible love and praise gamers and reviewers have for the game, and hope the trial is a poor representation of the game proper.
                  Last edited by Charlie; 14-09-2011, 15:00.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie View Post
                    I'd never played Radiant Silvergun before today but was long aware it's glittering status, indeed it seems to have an almost mythical reputation. But I have to say that for virgin RS gamers like myself, it's a shame the trial is so short and basic and unspectacular as it left me wondering how is it one of the most critically acclaimed 2D shoot em ups of all time. I'll probably buy it based on the incredible love and praise gamers and reviewers have for the game and really hope the trial is a poor representation of the game proper.
                    how long is the trial?

the game is a massive shooter with boss after boss and was a real technicall showcase for the saturn.

You really need to see load of levels to appreciate how good it is.

Comment

I think the trial lasts around 3 or 4 minutes, you fight a large shifting enemy with string lasers, then fight a snake-like enemy and that's it. End of trial.

Good to hear I need to see a lod of levels to appreciate it's delights. That's what I was hoping.

Comment

Sounds like the trial has you fighting two different bosses at two completely different parts of the game. Very odd.

Comment

Yeah, the trial is most eccentric, although nowhere near as eccentric as the Bangai-O trial...

Hope Treasure make a Vita version too
                          Very unlikely you'll see this on anything else given that Microsoft requested the conversion and Microsoft published it. They may have even funded the development for all we know.
                          Last edited by bcass; 14-09-2011, 15:41.

Comment

Originally posted by bcass View Post
                            Yeah, the trial is most eccentric, although nowhere near as eccentric as the Bangai-O trial...
                            Off topic, but Bangai-O just got patched to make the demo a bit more sensible. It now includes things like <gasp> a tutorial.

Comment

Sadly, I think that boat has already sailed.

Comment

Working...
                              X