No announcement yet.

Dark Souls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Playing through this on NG+. First time visting the DLC areas. While most of the game has been manageable difficultywise, two things are really killing me: 1)

Artorias in the DLC

- is he this hard on NG as well? 2) New Londo Ruins - haven't even

lowered the water yet

Did anybody else have problems with the ghost in NG+?

Anyway. This was my GOTY for 2011 & 2012 and will probably be that for 2013 as well unless something really spectacular shows up.

Comment

Originally posted by RobRoy View Post
      jimtendo you've just confused the hell out of me lol. is there a benefit to stopping levelling? I basically want to play through the game to the end then perhaps progress from there
      DOn't know abut benefit, but some people play through it on low level just for the added challenge.

Comment

The benefit to keeping your level down is that presumably all your points will instead be spent on upgrading your gear. You'll need to be using gear that doesn't need high levels to use. So, when you PVP you will go against people of a similar level to you but those people will have been spending their points on leveling their character and have been playing less time than you and have weaker gear and therefore you decimate them

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
          I need to get the DLC for my original disc if I want to carry on using the same save data right? If I buy the GOTY edition, I'll have to start again?
          J0e,
          You're going I have to buy the DLC if you have the original save and want to carry on with the Artorias DLC. Using the Prepare to Die edition disk will not allow you to transfer save data, and you will have to start from scratch. Unless you have a EU save. Which I presume you don't.

RE: RobRoy

In that case ignore what I said, and just play the game however you want. Eventually you'll get access to all things if you decided to change class vocation, as starting class doesn't really have much effect when you've pumped up later on.
          It's only useful for people wanting PvP so no points get wasted on a build.
          Last edited by jimtendo; 07-01-2013, 15:47.

Comment

Isn't there a ring in this for magic regen ala demons souls???

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
              Isn't there a ring in this for magic regen ala demons souls???
              No, the magic system is different from Demon's. There are items that double or halve the times you can use "learnt" spells, but this usually comes with a damage decrease/increase respectively.

Comment

I've got an Asian save, I was going to get the Asian GOTY version.
                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I just completed this.

80 hours of the most amazing game I've ever played. Simply incredible.

A masterpiece. Best game of all time.

Comment

You won't get any disagreement from me!
                    Last edited by Brad; 29-01-2013, 09:22.

Comment

With the latest update can you invade someone on your friends list?

Comment

Am thinking of going back to this in the next few days, i've got a question it has been a long time since i have played it i'm now thinking of starting it over from the start and i need some help. I would like to try and play the whole game as a magic user but am not really sure the best way of doing it is.
                        Any help would be great

Comment

Originally posted by hush View Post
                          Am thinking of going back to this in the next few days, i've got a question it has been a long time since i have played it i'm now thinking of starting it over from the start and i need some help. I would like to try and play the whole game as a magic user but am not really sure the best way of doing it is.
                          Any help would be great
                          Pyro.

Comment

thanks rmoxon i was thinking that but do i need to pour point and skills in one way

Comment

Lol just started to my new play dark soul and forgot how fun it is, I've just beaten the undead asylum boss and now have the demon's great hammer. But its tell me my level is to low to use it. It it just a case of waiting till I'm at the right level to use it
                              Thanks
                              hush

Comment

"Level" is not the soul level per se, but rather the stats needed to wield a weapon. According to the wiki the Demon's Great Hammer needs 46 STR to be wielded, and if you're a Pyro it's better to search for a different weapon, you'll want to focus on other stats than strenght and you'll probably have to wait until NG+ to consider using it.

Comment

Working...
                                X