Dark Souls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had a huge session on this last night, found a

talking cat in the forest but I offended her and now she won't talk to me - what does she do if you don't offend her?

also think I have finally found a decent farming location, it is nowhere near as good as 4-2 in Demon's Souls with a good bow but the best so far.

It looks like From have really tried to cut out any cheap techniques from this making it a tougher game really, only encountered a couple of bugs that could be considered helpful for farming

and one of those was on the 3 giant cats and they don't respawn

I love this game

Comment

Anyway, has anyone encountered a delay when inputting commands? It happened me yesterday more than once, either pressing R1 or square and that cost me an attempt with a boss. I press a button and the character doesn't immediately perform the command but sits there for a full second and the input cannot be overridden by an other command. I was only but the game didn't free for lag or latency, everything (including the boss) continued to move but not my character.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
        Anyway, has anyone encountered a delay when inputting commands? It happened me yesterday more than once, either pressing R1 or square and that cost me an attempt with a boss. I press a button and the character doesn't immediately perform the command but sits there for a full second and the input cannot be overridden by an other command. I was only but the game didn't free for lag or latency, everything (including the boss) continued to move but not my character.
        Yes. This is intentional as well, if you no equipment of very light equipment on our character will respond faster. You are probably wearing heavy equipment of have a lot of stuff in your inventory slowing you down. You will eventually find an item to buy that will help with inventory management.

Again though, just part of the game.

Comment

Yeah, If you start as a Knight for example his armor is really heavy which means he will move very sluggishly (infact i was shocked at how slow he was when I started the game). Equipment weight doesnt just effect your equip burden but also how you move.

The best way to fix it is to boost up the relevant stats.

I dont think there is an item burden limit in this though, as far as I can tell you can carry however many peices of equipment you want without being slowed down. I wish they hadnt done this, its a small thing but it doesnt sit right with me. Managing your equipment was always a big part of Demon's Souls and you dont have to do it here.
          Last edited by rmoxon; 09-10-2011, 09:20.

Comment

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
            Yeah, If you start as a Knight for example his armor is really heavy which means he will move very sluggishly (infact i was shocked at how slow he was when I started the game). Equipment weight doesnt just effect your equip burden but also how you move.

I dont think there is an item burden limit in this though, as far as I can tell you can carry however many peices of equipment you want without being slowed down. I wish they hadnt done this, its a small thing but it doesnt sit right with me. Managing your equipment was always a big part of Demon's Souls and you dont have to do it here.
            Quick question -

does anyone know what is behind the door in the forest that costs 20,000 souls to open? I am about to go open it but don't want to waste my souls...

Comment

I read somewhere online that theres a woman in the firelink shrine that helps you make your flasks more powerful, but i cant find her anywhere, where exactly is she?

Comment

I read somewhere online that theres a woman in the firelink shrine that helps you make your flasks more powerful, but i cant find her anywhere, where exactly is she?

She is underneath the bonfire, go to the left of the guy who is there from the start, find some spiral stairs and she is underneath there. You need fire keeper souls though, hope you haven't used them!

Comment

It's not about moving slowly, but waiting a full second to actually start any kind of animation, being it an attack motion, use the Estus Flask or a Fire Bomb.
                  Let's say I'm standing still, waiting for an enemy to approach with the shield down, full stamina. I press square to use the Estus flask and the character does not move at all for a second; I can't move, raise the shield or roll. After a second the character starts the Estus Flask animation but the enemy strikes.
                  I'm talking about a full second of nothingness, not just the character starting up a slow attack or it being interrupted due to an enemy attack.

Comment

Originally posted by Synthesthesia View Post
                    2 things. 1, only hollowed players can be summoned. 2, it's not meant to be played with a friend.

Not sure what sign you're putting down as human?
                    As silver gun says you can be summoned as human or hollow but have to summon as human. In regards to it is not meant to be played with friends that is stupid (not aimed at your comment but the design). I have been putting down the white summon sign, not red notes.

If 2 people are in the same location they should be able to join, it should be that simple. What if the game puts you on a server with a low number (which it what happens to some people from what I have read). Your going to stand there waiting for someone to join, I waited 15 minutes for a random and no one turned up. It also reduces chances to trade with friends.

Anyway, I hope I don't need the Sun Knight NPC who gives you the white sun stone. I lured monsters to his location and got them to kill him so I could take his stuff! *evil laugh*

Comment

What's all this about dropped loot manifesting in other players' games as rogue phantoms or somesuch? Anyway, spear and axe combo with crossbow backup in left hand 2nd slot for the win! (still havent beaten Taurus tho!).

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
                        What's all this about dropped loot manifesting in other players' games as rogue phantoms or somesuch? Anyway, spear and axe combo with crossbow backup in left hand 2nd slot for the win! (still havent beaten Taurus tho!).
                        Got a very easy way to kill him if you want to know *SPOILER*

Get x 10 fire bombs from the merchant near bonfire before taurus. Get to Taurus bridge, climb ladder back right as you get on bridge, kill 2 foes. Get back on bridge, activate taurus, leg it back to ladder. Climb it and you have 3 quick fire bomb throws until he jumps up. Climb back down ladder half way, he jumps back down. Repeat. Laugh at your cheapness!!!

Comment

Bought this yesterday after seeing how big this thread was growing. This game is perfect for forumites to play and discover things together rather than playing in isolation. I played Demon's Souls and understood the hub world easily enough. But in this how do I return to the hub/Firelink Shrine? Are there items or do I have to walk it every time?

What kind of level am I supposed to be taking on that knight before the taurus? He seems harder than the taurus if anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Btang84 View Post
                            Bought this yesterday after seeing how big this thread was growing. This game is perfect for forumites to play and discover things together rather than playing in isolation. I played Demon's Souls and understood the hub world easily enough. But in this how do I return to the hub/Firelink Shrine? Are there items or do I have to walk it every time?

What kind of level am I supposed to be taking on that knight before the taurus? He seems harder than the taurus if anything.
                            Not sure how tough that knight is. I chucked a throwing knife at him to test his health and he seems pretty tough for pre Lv12.

I would lure him away and grab the treasure he guards if I were you.

Comment

Cheers mate, I may glimpse between ur spoiler tags if I dont get him telt soonish...for some reason I'm detetmined to stand toe to toe with im!

Comment

Originally posted by 'Press Start To Begin' View Post
                                As silver gun says you can be summoned as human or hollow but have to summon as human. In regards to it is not meant to be played with friends that is stupid (not aimed at your comment but the design). I have been putting down the white summon sign, not red notes.

If 2 people are in the same location they should be able to join, it should be that simple. What if the game puts you on a server with a low number (which it what happens to some people from what I have read). Your going to stand there waiting for someone to join, I waited 15 minutes for a random and no one turned up. It also reduces chances to trade with friends.

Anyway, I hope I don't need the Sun Knight NPC who gives you the white sun stone. I lured monsters to his location and got them to kill him so I could take his stuff! *evil laugh*
                                I'm sure I tried and my guy just did that thing where he's like *shrugs*. I'm sure I read that too Oh well, that's good I guess!

Comment

Working...
                                X