Dark Souls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
    I would imagine they appear where you have dropped them yeah. I think both what the item is and the ammount of items you drop in one place contribute to how strong the enemy is as well as how long they have been laying around for before they appear to someone.

There was someone early in this thread talking about how there was some really tough killer jellyfish monster at the top of the tower where the Tuarus Demon is, I imagine that was a vagrant?
    Ah yeah that was me, never knew that, damn lol.

Comment

Ok, I am totally lost, can anyone help me find the

Duke's Archives?

please?

Comment

Originally posted by ItsThere View Post
        Ok, I am totally lost, can anyone help me find the

Duke's Archives?

please?
        There's an image map I'm using to find locations - I'll post it up here as a spoiler.

Comment

http://tinyurl.com/5rdod4y - big spoilers. Location guide.

Edit: Sorry Riskbreaker, I missed your post a couple of pages back!

Silvergun, did you find out what the Eye symbol summon was? I saw one last night in Blighttown, but while I was gearing up to fight it the symbol vanished
          No idea - I couldn't invite anyone into my game at all though so I reckon I was having NAT problems.
          Last edited by Silvergun X; 11-10-2011, 14:50.

Comment

Originally posted by FSW View Post
            ooooh, that sounds like a plan! I'm in the white covenant, not sure if my mate is. Have just suggested he join if he hasn't already.
            Don't get your hopes up. I have tried with offical guide lines from Namco and am same covenent as my cousin. We have consistantly failed to link up. Before anyone askes yes the summoner is human, yes the area boss is still alive (summoner) etc etc etc

I have not seen any summon signs and none of my signs have been answered. Seen a few people sat at bonfires and a few messages that say 'praise the sun'. Heard some bells ring, seen some ghosts! I fail to see how this is an amazing multiplayer experience From Software!. I played Demon Souls offline and was told how amazing online was, shame Dark Souls seems to have taken a massive step backwards from what I read.

but, WOW the game is amazing beside the above. Killed

Bell Gargs, Goat Demon with punk dogs, wierd thunder throwing statue with 1 leg and arm. Went down and met a butcher with some nice doggies. Realised I had 4800 souls and trid to leg it but got raped from behind. I lived though! I ran and my heart was pounding. I have rear speakers in my set up and I could hear the dog panting and I looked for a safe spot to drink the gin and juice. Drank it then killed the dog. Thought f**k this and legged it back to a bonfire to level up. My next run I will kill the butcher!!

My trusty Wanderer is holding up okay so far.......

Comment

^ I'm seeing less player ghosts than in Demons Souls too, and have not yet been invaded (whilst human, obviously). Happened all the time before. Is it because they've abandoned the dedicated servers, anyone think?

Comment

We're in much the same boat PRess Start, i'm maybe half an hour down the road but we have had similar experiences. I've got nowhere with online, seen signs and a few bloodstains but nothing else. No coop, invasions and I have no idea what you lot are talking about with phantoms and vagrents!

A big problem seems to be the fact you need to be in human form, and the vast majority of players are going to always be in undead form as it is too random to earn Humanity and too difficult to maintain it.

Comment

Originally posted by 'Press Start To Begin' View Post
                  Don't get your hopes up. I have tried with offical guide lines from Namco and am same covenent as my cousin. We have consistantly failed to link up. Before anyone askes yes the summoner is human, yes the area boss is still alive (summoner) etc etc etc

I have not seen any summon signs and none of my signs have been answered. Seen a few people sat at bonfires and a few messages that say 'praise the sun'. Heard some bells ring, seen some ghosts! I fail to see how this is an amazing multiplayer experience From Software!. I played Demon Souls offline and was told how amazing online was, shame Dark Souls seems to have taken a massive step backwards from what I read.

but, WOW the game is amazing beside the above. Killed

Bell Gargs, Goat Demon with punk dogs, wierd thunder throwing statue with 1 leg and arm. Went down and met a butcher with some nice doggies. Realised I had 4800 souls and trid to leg it but got raped from behind. I lived though! I ran and my heart was pounding. I have rear speakers in my set up and I could hear the dog panting and I looked for a safe spot to drink the gin and juice. Drank it then killed the dog. Thought f**k this and legged it back to a bonfire to level up. My next run I will kill the butcher!!

My trusty Wanderer is holding up okay so far.......
                  Dont worry the
                  isnt actualy that tough. Plus just so you know there are actualy

two of them down there, but they dont respawn.

I finally managed to get rid of that last toxic throwing git in blighttown earlier (by "last" I mean it was the last one I have seen, but I hope its the last one in general), I then proceeded to go down a ladder and was instantly surrounded by those giant fire breathing fly things, I literaly could not move an inch in any direction, then i was burnt to death while trying to climb back up the ladder. Not sure how you are suppose to get down really.
                  Last edited by rmoxon; 11-10-2011, 16:00.

Comment

Originally posted by Silvergun X View Post
                    http://tinyurl.com/5rdod4y - big spoilers. Location guide.

Edit: Sorry Riskbreaker, I missed your post a couple of pages back!

No idea - I couldn't invite anyone into my game at all though so I reckon I was having NAT problems.

Cheers, managed to stumble across it, I can't get over how huge this game is, it kind of negates the need to farm as well..

Comment

Originally posted by Silvergun X View Post
                      Yup.

If you really want to be a pain, drop an item in the

tower just after the gargoyles

for maximum trolling.
                      That is a great idea

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJ View Post
                        We're in much the same boat PRess Start, i'm maybe half an hour down the road but we have had similar experiences. I've got nowhere with online, seen signs and a few bloodstains but nothing else. No coop, invasions and I have no idea what you lot are talking about with phantoms and vagrents!

What did you think when two gargs appeared on the roof! I thought 'you bastards!' haha. Not half as bad as the chimera boss in Demon Souls though. Something very sweet about ringing the bell and looking at the view. I would have rather hit the bell

I am not sure what these vagrents are either. I have a ton of equipment in my inventory, are we sayig if I simply lay it on the floor then an NPC phantom appears on the servers to harrass other players? the more powerful the items put down the more powerful the phantom?

I'll put all my items down then sometime along the way I'll find out you can sell them! DOH!

Comment

Originally posted by 'Press Start To Begin' View Post

What did you think when two gargs appeared on the roof! I thought 'you bastards!' haha. Not half as bad as the chimera boss in Demon Souls though. Something very sweet about ringing the bell and looking at the view. I would have rather hit the bell

I am not sure what these vagrents are either. I have a ton of equipment in my inventory, are we sayig if I simply lay it on the floor then an NPC phantom appears on the servers to harrass other players? the more powerful the items put down the more powerful the phantom?

I'll put all my items down then sometime along the way I'll find out you can sell them! DOH!

Yes.... Yes you will.

Comment

I think I kinda sped off in front of the general populace at launch.

I've been farming humanity by putting my summon sign down at the bonfire @

the bottom of Blighttown, and helping people defeat Queelag. She is SO easy with two people!!

Comment

Finally beat that pesky Knight atop the tower...Brought my A game to start with - I kept cropping his legs whilst leading him down the stairs, then took a massive hit at the bottom, pegged it and leapt off the ledge in front of the gate...he followed me off and 'sploded at the bottom.

I like to think he went hollow by bruising his knee.

Beat the Capra Demon on my third try too. Bumbled through that fight somewhat, I just

bombed it past him straight away then wiped out the dogs with a wild swing before getting some breathing space up the stairs, then I just kept rolling all over the shop trying to get the big guy in a good spot to attack with single hits...But that plunging attack saved the day again

- It's been implemented really well.

I'm in the depths now...The locations seem to be getting creepier, which is brilliant and awful at the same time.

Love this so much!

Comment

Originally posted by ItsThere View Post
                                Yes.... Yes you will.
                                What??????

Comment

Working...
                                X