Dark Souls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crocky-chocky View Post
    I finally cleared out the ghosties from New Londo Ruins - The second building over the crumbled bridge took an ungodly amount of attempts to clear though. The fact those translucent turds can attack you from every possible angle and from a fair distance, coupled with all those narrow walkways and corridors - It's the stuff of nightmares. Projectiles worked a treat though, especially ones that can hit multiple targets.

Also, I beat the

Gaping Dragon

on my first try, which was dead nice...but at the same time, oddly disappointing? Come on Dark Souls, try harder...yeah?

Little tip regarding the regenerating skellies in the catacombs:

I just popped down there after visiting the blacksmith and it seems they don't come back to life if you're using a Divine weapon.

Or if you run past them and

kill the necromancer.

Comment

Where can you get Transient thingies from for killing ghosts? I've run out and can't extend my journey down in New Londo.

That place is brutal. Got caned two dozen times just trying to get through hoping there would be a bonfire but I didn't see one.

Comment

Originally posted by Supergoal View Post
        Where can you get Transient thingies from for killing ghosts? I've run out and can't extend my journey down in New Londo.

That place is brutal. Got caned two dozen times just trying to get through hoping there would be a bonfire but I didn't see one.
        The zombie merchant lady in the sewer passage has them I think.

Comment

lol just looking at the poll and saw no one rocking a Cleric this got me, why is that so over the weekend i am thinking of make another game as a Cleric just to see it

Comment

I made very poor progress last night. Managed to kill

Nito the first of the undead but I cannot find my way through New Londo Ruins properly without using all my spells... Which I do basically need for the boss.

Not a brick wall but I don't fancy furthering my exploits into the [spoiler] Demon's Ruins [/spoilers] either with like 9 evil

lesser capra demons...

Comment

Originally posted by hush View Post
              lol just looking at the poll and saw no one rocking a Cleric this got me, why is that so over the weekend i am thinking of make another game as a Cleric just to see it
              For me, and I suspect perhaps others, the main reason for avoiding the cleric is that he looked like a proper twerp.

Comment

@Supergoal: I recommend getting yourself cursed by one of those bug-eyed weirdos in the Depths so you can attack ghosts, and then farming a few transient curses from the ones in the ruins. They drop them pretty often and in packs of two!

Looking forward to getting back to this later - The Catacombs is my goal for tonight even though I got the key to

Blighttown

last night...it's just too dark down there man.
                Last edited by crocky-chocky; 13-10-2011, 10:24.

Comment

i beat the gargoyles 1st try last night and was really pleased with myself until i realised i had forgotten to cut the first ones tail off

by the way how many of you knew you can get back to the undead asylum for an extremely wicked surprise?

Comment

How do you get back there?

Comment

take the elevator that goes to the undead parish, roll out at the first sight of an oppening onto the wall ledge, follow it round to some stairs and keep going up until you reach the birds nest..........examine the nest and wait.
                      Last edited by mugetsu; 13-10-2011, 10:36.

Comment

Originally posted by FSW View Post
                        How do you get back there?
                        Locate

the lift that leads to Undead Parish in the Firelink Shrine (I think you first have to activate it in the Undead Church). When the lift is going up, you'll notice that there's an opening on the second floor, just above the lift entrance. Drop on it and run right, you'll find yourself on a small ledge. There's a support arch protuding toward the ledge, remove your armor (if heavy) and run toward it. Jumping isn't necessary. Climb the support arch and go toward the corpse over the roof to collect a key. Trace your way back and locate the crow's nest. Enter it, do the required action and wait a short while.

Comment

I went back there the other night. I had to chuckle at the

cinematic slow-mo cut to your character, all nestled-up in the crows talons

on the way over there!

I lost so many souls on that little quest, but gained just enough items for it to be worth it. Some very cool surprises too!

Comment

Someone on here said the

giant crow takes you back

. I'm not sure how though, I can't get back yet.

Comment

Rather than face the ghosts again last night I ended up starting a new run as the Deprived class. It's surprising how much advanced knowledge changes your game. I managed to beat the Gargoyles dying with only a few deaths under my belt, achieved namely through lack of patience. You certainly appreciate those initial armour drops from the hollowed soldiers in Undead Burg alot more. It's a much more tense experience initially, but with a bit of grinding and some decent equipment on your belt it's not too different from the other classes. The biggest hassle is probably the starting level, making those initial stat boosts much more costly, you're constantly aware of the shortage of souls.

I'm weighing up whether or not to leave the other playthrough and push ahead with the Deprived, but I've invested alot of time on the other character. And I'll still have to fight those bloody ghosts

Comment

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
                                Someone on here said the

giant crow takes you back

. I'm not sure how though, I can't get back yet.
                                Totally possible. You need to get in

the nest at the top of Firelink Shrine

Comment

Working...
                                X