Dark Souls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
    I went for a Black Knight sword, which is larger than the Drake Sword but scales very well with strenght and currently have it a +3. With strenght at 28 its attack animation isn't terribly long and the longer range is excellent. As the standard attack swings, it's possible to hit multiple enemies. Unfortunately it's a unique weapon and can only be upgraded to +5 with special tanites (which are pretty rare), I'll probably switch to an other greatsword and add some effects later or in the second playthrough.
    Isn't that sword a rare drop off black knights though? What I suggested is a guaranteed drop as far as I'm aware and the black knights you get that sword off don't respawn. I don't have that weapon anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJ View Post
      And I'm looking for this path! Aaargh I fiking hate this place!! Not had a single death from falling off stuff until trying to escape the swamp and now I've had about 20!
      To get the shortcut you need to

go up the ladders that take you to the place where the dogs and firekeeper soul are and just before you get to the sewer like passages there is an easily missed ladder that takes you further upwards

Its a bit ridculous really as its so easily missed.

Comment

Yes - finally managed to defeat [HIDE]the Bell Gargoyles. Killed me about 20 times before I managed to scrape past, it was a real punch the air moment and my heart was pounding! Been a long time since a game has had that effect on me.[/HIDE]

This game repeatedly kicks you in the balls but leaves you begging for more. Love it!

Comment

Originally posted by parkinho View Post
          This game repeatedly kicks you in the balls but leaves you begging for more. Love it!
          That about sums it up perfectly!!

Out the catacombes now. I repeat

Do not go down that bastard place without ringing 2 bells!

At least

the lantern I got down there can be used in the swamp. Also found me large divine ember, white titante slab and other nice treasure

Sucker for loot!!!

Comment

ah much better now, currently re tredding blight town and found a whip 2 bonfires and a dragon scale.

Comment

Beat Quelaag. It took around 10 attempts because I'd ran out of fancy embellishment items, but it was my favourite boss fight yet. Some dead satisfying moments where I

backed away from it whilst weaving through the narrow gaps between those freshly made lava puddles

Just me, my axe and shield. Taking care o' bizniz.

Officially had my fill of Blighttown for a good while though, only heading down there again once some hefty backtracking's been done. I was gobsmacked to find that the

world goes deeper still

, which along with the

newly opened areas

and the largely unexplored Catacombs has me wondering just how big is this game?

Love it.
              Last edited by crocky-chocky; 15-10-2011, 23:03.

Comment

I just beat Ornstein and Smough by myself, its amazing this game, you think something is impossible at first then you manage to do it. The game just keeps gettting better and better the further you get as well. It reminds me a lot of castlevania the way you unlock new routes etc.

Comment

Without spoiling too much can someone advise me on what weapon I should aim for? There's so many options I'm a bit lost as to what will be most useful. I'm a lvl 32 wanderer focusing on DEX, I've been using the Drake sword mainly but it's boring me and it doesn't have a lunging attack. So far I've killed

The minotaur, the capra demon, the gaping dragon and the moonlight butterfly and Now I'm starting on Blighttown.

Comment

I've put in 20 hours now but still behind most of you lot here. Looking through the book of the guilty you get to see what other people are using. There's some amazing looking characters and weapons with lots of variety.

A question about New Londo.

I was cursed so I thought I'd make the trip to fight ghosts, I managed to get to the roof where the NPC is standing and talk to him. He offered to remove my curse, but isn't that pointless when you can just buy curse removal stones from the zombie woman merchant? Also someone mentioned taking him out. Does that put an end to the ghosts?

Also, how do you use magic? I bought some spells from a couple of guys and when I press attack nothing happens apart from a small gesture that suggests I don't know what I'm doing.
                    Last edited by Supergoal; 16-10-2011, 11:01.

Comment

WTF............so i'm farming some stone giants trying to get the gs drop and i kill it then boom i'm invaded by a badass looking dark knight who just decides to stand there, so i run up to him and backstab him and suddenly what looks like 3 more invaders are on me.
                      1 huge lava explosion later and i'm dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Supergoal View Post
                        I've put in 20 hours now but still behind most of you lot here. Looking through the book of the guilty you get to see what other people are using. There's some amazing looking characters and weapons with lots of variety.

A question about New Londo.

I was cursed so I thought I'd make the trip to fight ghosts, I managed to get to the roof where the NPC is standing and talk to him. He offered to remove my curse, but isn't that pointless when you can just buy curse removal stones from the zombie woman merchant? Also someone mentioned taking him out. Does that put an end to the ghosts?

Also, how do you use magic? I bought some spells from a couple of guys and when I press attack nothing happens apart from a small gesture that suggests I don't know what I'm doing.

you never used to be able to uncurse @ the zombie vendor woman, it was patched in with the first patch.

Comment

Originally posted by Supergoal View Post
                          You need an item equipped specific to the magic being cast, a talisman for miracles, the pyromancer glove for pyromancy and a catalyst for sorcery. In addition to this you'll need the relevant stat to be at the correct level, if you look at the details of the spell it will tell you the stat requirements.

Comment

Thanks I understand now.

Any info about the dude on the roof in New Londo?

Comment

Originally posted by Sane View Post
                              Without spoiling too much can someone advise me on what weapon I should aim for? There's so many options I'm a bit lost as to what will be most useful. I'm a lvl 32 wanderer focusing on DEX, I've been using the Drake sword mainly but it's boring me and it doesn't have a lunging attack. So far I've killed

The minotaur, the capra demon, the gaping dragon and the moonlight butterfly and Now I'm starting on Blighttown.

If you're focussing on dex then you really need a bow, plus the boss you are on now is a lot easier with one.

If you want a sword with a lunging attack then get a longsword and level it up. Once you have both bells rung somthing happens at the firelink shrine that makes leveling weapons much easier.

Comment

Thanks! I have a longbow which I've been using a lot. I upgraded a longsword to +5, now I'm considering getting an element on it but I'm unsure which one. In Demon's Souls fire was really nice, but I've heard people say lightning is better in this.

Comment

Working...
                                X