Dark Souls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Goemon View Post
    I've read it's possible to travel between bonfires, is that right? if so where do you get this ability from?
    Beat the boss of Anor Londo to gain the warp ability.

I once lost 70000 souls by accidently pressing Circle to jump backwards off a cliff to my death when trying retrieve them around the corner from a bonfire I was at.

I've done it lots and it does hurt, but I can't help but return to this unforgiving beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero9X View Post
      Right my char currently has a big shield and a halberd equipped. I really like this set up but its really slowing my char down. What stats do i need to increase so he can wield and move around quicker.
      The quickest solution is to equip lighter armor. Though you will obviously not have as much protection that way.

Comment

There is some decent weight to poise ratio armours that people have devised. These are mainly for PvP purposes, but they also serve quite well in the single player/ PvE aspect as well. Easiest way to get a moderate level of physical/ Fire/ Lightning DEF with decent weight to poise is to equip Havels gauntlets & leggings with regular Knights chest, and whichever headpiece you want. Mainly one of the 'masks of the...' headgear will do. To further decrease your weight (but taking a little hit to DEF) is to use Havels chest/ Stone gauntlets/ Hollow Soldier waistcloth, and whichever 'mask of'

Naturally equipping either Havels/ Ring of Favour and Protection/ Mask of the father will reduce weight if you need to equip heavier armour. Also worth noting is that the heavy armours such as the Black Iron/ Stone/ Havels/ Giants have stamina regen penalties attached to them.

Do a google search for 'Mud_Chans Dark Souls armour generator' and it will give you a spreadsheet to play about with at your hearts content to mix & match armours/ rings/ weapon combos and it will give you weight/ poise/ DEF values to get whichever setup you want.

Or adopt the Monster Hunter mantra of "hit it till' it dies/ don't get hit"

Comment

Not played for a while but my Dark Souls strategy was Naked+Biggest Sword In The World. Worked for the most part. Must get back to it in the new year, all the talk here has me fired up to finish it.

Comment

I carried two sets of armor, Havel's & Gold-hemmed, and switched them when I needed. I equipped the Ring of Favor once and never took it off This left me with only one ring slot to play around with, but I managed anyway. When I finished the game I had leveled my Stamina to 41, mostly to counter the effect of carrying around Havel's armor.

I also modified my Dark Knight Halberd to +5 and never saw any reason to use another weapon. It is slow and does no magical, lightning or fire damage, but the high physical damage is worth it. I beat all bosses, post-Hydra, with that.

I just bought a PS3 so I can play Demon's Souls and fully expect that to eat as many hours as Dark Souls did. This means taking a break from my Dark Souls newgame+, but I hope I will survive that

Comment

Just beat the gargoyles. Completely owned them, upgrading my weapon and putting gold resin on it helped tremendously. Picked up a Gargoyle Axe & Helmet. Just need to figure out which way i need to head next, really want to kill that dark knight at the top of the tower, managed to kill the one in the town.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero9X View Post
                Just need to figure out which way i need to head next, really want to kill that dark knight at the top of the tower, managed to kill the one in the town.
                Have him attack, circle behind and backstab. The Greatsword he's carrying might be powerful but even the weak attack takes considerable time connect; without high stamina and a stable shield you'll either get guard-broken or your stamina will get sucked out, better keep mobile against him.

Comment

What Briareos said, although for ultimate kudos he must be kicked off the top of the tower to his death.

Comment

Originally posted by kingmobster View Post
                    I carried two sets of armor, Havel's & Gold-hemmed
                    Same here. I only use Havel's for The Four Kings though, everything else is a breeze in Gold-Hemmed. I now have a complete set of maxxed out Uchigatana, a complete set of
                    maxxed out Iaito, and a complete set of maxxed out Washing Pole. I'm working on a set of Black Bow of Pharis right now.

I wear the Wolf Ring and the Hawk Ring mainly, although I've been wearing the Wooden "Ninja" Ring and the Ring of Fog lately.

I can go do a playthrough in about 3 hours now. I need 4 more trophies, and I aim to get them on my next playthrough. Priscilla's Dagger is what I need, but can't seem to get.
                    Last edited by J0e Musashi; 28-12-2011, 17:32.
                    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                      Priscilla's Dagger is what I need, but can't seem to get.
                      My hardest cut-off was Seath's. Against Priscilla you should be able to land two-three hits (maybe even more with a fast slashing weapon) before she conjures the first storm. You have her reappear by hitting her with a piromancy, after that circling behind and cutting her tail is quite easy.

Comment

Or do it in one hit with a raw great axe +5 with an enchantment and red tearstone ring active.

Comment

How many points do you need in your strength stat to be able to wield weapons onehanded like the dark knight sword, zweihander etc.

Comment

If you go to the weapons stat screen it will tell you the numbers you need to weild them properly. Go to them on the menu, press x/square and then look in the right hand bottom coner and there is a grid that shows you the values.

It has to be noted that both the black knights sword and Zweihandare are heavy weapons though and always take a bit of effort to swing about.

Comment

I just started this today and have spend around 2 hours getting the **** kicked out of me by various undead creatures (and some living). I love it.

Comment

Seriously need a better weapon, the halberd isn't doing the job anymore. Trying to hit flying bugs isn't helping either.

Do love my eastern armor though, looks lovely. Lost my first big amount of souls last night against some phantoms in a forest, 20k i could easily have used. nightmare.

Anyone know good areas to farm?
                                Last edited by SuperBeatBoy; 30-12-2011, 11:10.

Comment

Working...
                                X