No announcement yet.

Uncharted: Golden Abyss - Vita

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think the puzzle stuff is, I meant the stuff during the actual combat and climbing and stuff, all that stuff is mapped so the immersion is never ruined.

Comment

Only 3 chapters in, and I'm already sick of the touch stuff. Every two minutes I need to either rub ten tablets, turn and wash a skeleton or chop down some bambus. The worst situations are when you're asked to look at an item from every angle, without knowing what angle you have yet to look at it from.

The rest of the game is standard Uncharted fare. Follow the NPC along the linear path while climbing some mountainsides, shoot some guns while crouching behind a crate and then solve some "puzzles" for five minutes. The production values are very high, but the game still has a hard time keeping me enthused.
      Last edited by JSR; 22-02-2012, 22:41.

Comment

I was reading about golden abyss after dogg thangs comment about it looking murky.

Have to say i'm shocked they are putting out games that are rendered at below the native res of the vita. Its bad enough on consoles, but on a handheld its unaccetpable imo. Glad i found out before i bought it.

For me i cant help but feel its cheating us.

I cannot believe that they are not working to the exact res, because the added sharpness would make up for any small shortcuts any day of the week.

I mean on xbox and ps3 its not too bad because most games are rendered at 720p anyway, and a large quantity of people are running 1080p hdtv's, but vita is a set resolution, and one they should be working to.

I wonder if the 3ds is doing this in any of its games, despite its far lower native res?
        Last edited by PaTaito; 23-02-2012, 02:54.

Comment

TBH I thought this looks wise was great, the only thing that let it down was the amount of jaggies present. I would have rather taken a slight visual hit and had it look smooth. For example, Wipeout looks absolutely amazing with (as far as I could tell) not a jaggy in site. That literally looks like a PS3 game to me (granted it's 30fps but I didn't really notice as I'm not a wipeout veteran).

I've got this on the way from lovefilm so I'll have to see if I enjoy it more than the demo...

Comment

I missed a camera shot at the beginning of the game cause I was being a noob. Can I go back and get it at any point? or when I complete it? Or do I have to start again?

Comment

Originally posted by PaTaito View Post
              Have to say i'm shocked they are putting out games that are rendered at below the native res of the vita.
              Ah, that explains it. I didn't realise. Odd as, with the exception of the odd fancy distance shot, I have seen little yet that should cause much of a problem, especially given the effects on WO that don't seem to be here. It wasn't originally being developed for the PSP or something like that, was it? It doesn't look awful by any means but given that Uncharted has been a visual leader this one doesn't really impress.

I'm finding the aiming quite tricky in this one.

Comment

Originally posted by djtickle View Post
                I missed a camera shot at the beginning of the game cause I was being a noob. Can I go back and get it at any point? or when I complete it? Or do I have to start again?
                You can just select already played chapters and go through them on any difficulty.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsThere View Post
                  You can just select already played chapters and go through them on any difficulty.
                  Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                    I'm finding the aiming quite tricky in this one.
                    Yeah, I'm struggling with the aiming in this too - dulling the aiming sensitivity down to minimum in the Options settings has helped a fair bit but it could really have done with a bit of Halo-esque aim-assist to keep the crosshair tracking the enemies.

I'm still finding the enforced micro-game bits utterly jarring to the experience - "Hey guys, don't forget: you're playing this on a Vita with all of these cool features!!!!"

The device you're playing on should never steal the spotlight away from the game you're playing, yet in this it happens all the ruddy time.

As an aside, is there a way to disable rear-touch zooming on sniper scopes? Because of how I grip the device I find myself constantly zooming in and out inadvertantly, turning the scene into some kind of Dee-lite music video.

Comment

I've only mucked about in the opening areas to see how this looks and to check the uber cheap download version worked and it looks very nice. It's not as nice looking as the console ones but overall meets the mark and shows off the system well. The most disturbing thing though was encountering 2 blatant invisible walls literally on the first platform of the game. Poor show Bend, poor show.

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
                        I've only mucked about in the opening areas to see how this looks and to check the uber cheap download version worked and it looks very nice. It's not as nice looking as the console ones but overall meets the mark and shows off the system well. The most disturbing thing though was encountering 2 blatant invisible walls literally on the first platform of the game. Poor show Bend, poor show.
                        What do you expect for 79p!

I played though to chapter 4 and agree with the resolution remarks. It looks really nice but a bit like using VGA instead of HDMI on a PC game. I am also struggling with aiming too. I would love to see my accuracy stats cos I think about 80% of my rounds hit thin air. What they really should have done is put an aim marker whilst in cover. When I pop out to shoot I spend ages getting the target lined up correctly

Comment

I had to adjust the aiming in the settings when I got it at christmas, it was much improved after that. Visually, some of the later chapters will really impress you all I think.

Comment

Originally posted by davek22 View Post

I played though to chapter 4 and agree with the resolution remarks. It looks really nice but a bit like using VGA instead of HDMI on a PC game. I am also struggling with aiming too. I would love to see my accuracy stats cos I think about 80% of my rounds hit thin air. What they really should have done is put an aim marker whilst in cover. When I pop out to shoot I spend ages getting the target lined up correctly
                            I don't like it when cover based shooters keep the crosshairs on screen while in cover, it makes the game too easy and also ruins the immersion, you can't aim at something unless you're looking at it, so why give you a cursor when you're not actually aiming at something?

Comment

Originally posted by davek22 View Post
                              Fair point

The aiming seems to be like UC1 and 2 to me though it feels sluggish so a sensitivity change in options feels needed

Comment

You get used to the aiming after a while. I quite like it now. I have it set at 25%.
                                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Working...
                                X