No announcement yet.

Uncharted: Golden Abyss - Vita

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The aiming feels a bit loose before you change the sensitivity but it's fine afterwards, I'm not a massive fan of the vita sticks though, they are loose and don't help matters.

Comment

They are very loose. They're good but they could have done with just a bit more resistance.

Comment

This game is brilliant for a launch title plays and controls great with loads of gameplay , other than the screen res this blows the 1st Uncharted out of the water for GFX, amazing for a handheld

Comment

Definitely, this is my second favourite game in the series after Uncharted 2, it's astoundingly good.

Comment

Definitely seems the star of the launch line up, I use the tilt control for fine aiming, just using the analogue stick to aim in vaguely the right direction. If you can turn up the sensitivity so you can turn quicker then it'd be much better than using an analogue stick for aiming and would make the 2nd stick almost obsolete.

Comment

Nah, tilt controls will never be good for aiming, at leats not with my unsteady hands, I dont like motion controls in general.

Once you turn the sensitivity down on this the aiming is pretty good with the stick. Im just glad this has decent level design, Uncharted 3 was ruined by badsly designed levels and enemies who flooded at you from nowhere, as well as stealth sections that were ctually impossible to se stealth in

Unlike the third game this just does everything right, i cant stress enough how good it it. Also it gets even better once you get further into it and theres less intrusions from touch based puzzels, as they are really the only bad thing about the game.

Comment

Only a couple of chapters into this and, initial graphics issues aside, I think it's excellent. So far it's much more Tomb Raidery in balance and that's exactly what I wanted more of in Uncharted. There's plenty of exploration and it rewards that exploration, which is great. In fact, there may almost be too much to find - the mysteries, photos etc are a little overwhelming and I've already missed stuff but I guess that will give reasons to go through it again. The nice part about all that is that there are nice little extras everywhere.

The combat got a lot better once I reduced sensitivity a little and, for the most part, I'm finding the combat more enjoyable than Uncharted 3. So far anyway. It's just less intrusive, a little more structured in the combat areas and, up to this point, they haven't overdone the amount of enemies at all.

Story wise, I haven't got as much into it only because I've been playing it in bursts. But as usual the acting is excellent. The models are definitely well below PS3 standard but still good.

Really enjoying it.

Comment

I'm up to chapter 4. Quite enjoying it, but it is hard to forget you have a handheld and not be a bit disapointed that it doesn't deliver at UC2 levels.

I guess I am very impressed to be playing this sort of thing on a handheld, but where Mario 3D just seemed to be designed for a mobile gamer with a desire for 10 minute boosts of gaming joy, this feels more like a developer trying to squeeze a full console game into a handheld, and I can't help find myself finding the joysticks that bit more fidderly than the Six Axis, and the visuals are clearly upscaled and blury compared to the dashboard etc....

So it IS a fantastic achievement on handheld (As I said only up to chatper 4, it could get better) but my concern is that I don't know if this is the right type of game for me when mobile gaming.

Might get much better though, but as I said it is completely amazing for a handheld gen1 game, and bodes well for the future.

Comment

Originally posted by capcom_suicide View Post
                    I'm up to chapter 4. Quite enjoying it, but it is hard to forget you have a handheld and not be a bit disapointed that it doesn't deliver at UC2 levels.

I guess I am very impressed to be playing this sort of thing on a handheld, but where Mario 3D just seemed to be designed for a mobile gamer with a desire for 10 minute boosts of gaming joy, this feels more like a developer trying to squeeze a full console game into a handheld, and I can't help find myself finding the joysticks that bit more fidderly than the Six Axis, and the visuals are clearly upscaled and blury compared to the dashboard etc....

So it IS a fantastic achievement on handheld (As I said only up to chatper 4, it could get better) but my concern is that I don't know if this is the right type of game for me when mobile gaming.

Might get much better though, but as I said it is completely amazing for a handheld gen1 game, and bodes well for the future.
                    It does get better, there are some good set peice moments latter on. Early on theres a bit in a burning building for instance (might be the chapter you are on now), its not as spectauclar as the set peices in uncharted 3 obviously but everyting else about this is better, which means the overall experience is better and actually alot more fun to play.

Its a brilliant game that just gets better as it goes on.

Comment

I'm really enjoying the combat in this - Sony Bend have really nailed this aspect of the game, with far more sensibly considered layouts and attack patterns than Uncharted 3's.

The default aim settings are a bit off, though - I'd recommend anyone who hasn't yet done so to reduce sensitivity to between 10 and 20% and to turn the tilt aiming off! I have no idea why they had this turned on by default, but the headshot count has gone up rapidly since disabling it.

The further I'm getting in, the better it's getting. It's making me really want a sequel, though - I get the feeling a second Vita title could do what Uncharted 2 managed on PS3 and totally eclipse this first one.

Comment

Onto chapter 22 and I am certainly enjoying it more. Good solid game and system selling visuals in places. After everyone's tips on tuning the controls I now find the gunplay very enjoyable.Not bad at all.

Comment

Have you been down the river yet CS? That's when it really kicks up a gear IMO.

Comment

I'd agree with that Ikobo, I finished it a few days ago and loved it from that point onwards. I'd never really played any of the UC games before, so I don't know how much was the game clicking with me and how much was down to the game getting better.

It reminded me of TR Aniversary on the Wii, but with better graphics, and a better plot... I didn't like the combat at first, but almost enjoyed it more than the exploration by the end.

So yeah, bodes very well for the future of the Vita and I look forward to a sequel. Tilt controls for fine aiming FTW though, you can't beat reeling off multiplehead shots using tilt controls!

Comment

I'm so pissed right now, I started this two nights ago on hard and did around 3 chapters and last night to chapter 5, now I did a good 13 chapters and I decided to check out how I was doing on the treasures by checking the chapter select. I realised the first five chapters were completed on hard but the rest of them on normal wtf? I never changed the difficulty... looks like I'll be running through those again now... if I can be bothered...

Comment

I've not really put a big amount of time into this yet as I'm only really playing the Vita on my way to and from work. Just hitting Chapter 3 and based on the early sections there have been some gorgeous scenes and the controls feel spot on. Biggest niggles so far are the invisible walls and the scripting. It's certainly better than in most games but purely from the opening few chapters this isn't as good as any of the main 3 installments.

Comment

Working...
                                X