No announcement yet.

Borderlands 2 [PS3/360/PC] review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When you finish it get the Tiny Tina's Assault DLC. It's the greatest thing ever. Playing co-op transforms the game into something rather special I found.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
      When you finish it get the Tiny Tina's Assault DLC. It's the greatest thing ever. Playing co-op transforms the game into something rather special I found.
      Aye - it's on the cards to pick up - need some co-op love, but as the character profile corruption thing still seems rife I'm waiting it out.

Comment

Literally just picked this up. I never played the first game. Any tips for a newcomer like me?

Comment

Don't rush in. Take your time. Especially at early levels, shooting from distance with a reasonable sniper will help until you get your action skill. Pick a character you will enjoy the skills and technique for. Always have a decent fire weapon to hand early on, as you'll find it makes a difference. Try to do all the side quests to help boost your XP and level up. If you get an orange item, it should be good for 5-7 levels before you'll have to replace it. Never be afraid to replace something if you find something else that's better.
          Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

I would be tempted to burnt through play through 1 and 2 and save the side quests for PT3 (UVHM) which I think you have to buy as DLC. The season pass is worth it IMO.

Comment

I've been hacking through side missions and I think smouty might be right. I find they do detract a bit from the main quest to the point you get detached from the plot.

Oh explosive element weapons seem good for most occasions.

Comment

UVHM comes in beyond Lv 50, so you need at least one of the UVHM upgrades for another 11 levels to get you to Lv 61 or both to allow you to reach Lv 72 and gain access to Digistruct Peak and 8 more levels (though no extra Skill points).

What platform are you playing on?

Comment

On PT1 and 2, even if you have perfect gear, you'll probably have to do a few side-quests just to level-up enough to progress.
                  Some are better than others though so look at the quest reward. Some are guaranteed drops which may be useful depending on your class.

Comment

If you have signed up to use Shift Codes to get keys for that chest in the Fast travel Station at Sanctuary you can get items (Blue, Purple or Etech) at your current level which becomes more critical when you reach UVHM.

Check this page out as a lot of the key codes are still active. I set up a new account the other week and ended up with over 100 keys!

Comment

I'm sorry I'm not playing this with you, k0pp0!

I really mean to play something Borderlandsy eventually.
                      I have BD1 and BD2 on 360 and BD2 on PS+, so I really should at some point!

I'm going to be on EDF 2025 for a while though, I hope.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                        I'm sorry I'm not playing this with you, k0pp0!

I really mean to play something Borderlandsy eventually.
                        I have BD1 and BD2 on 360 and BD2 on PS+, so I really should at some point!

I'm going to be on EDF 2025 for a while though, I hope.
                        No probs bud - likewise for 2025 really.. I'm trying to avoid buying anything for the moment..

Comment

Having been on the Destiny beta (because that's what it really was) I've felt compelled to return to this over the quiet summer months. I tailed off it originally as lots was out and the game felt too heavily leant to coop. But now I have more time to take a more approach I'm back in. Started from scratch so only up to level 04, decided to utilise the Mechromancer class too whilst its there. Easily settling in so far, coming straight from Destiny the clunkiness and lack of refinement stands out but I have to say that by the end of the first hour I find this clicks together much easily than Destiny does. Much better sense of style, location, weapon feedback and a better menu system. Dunno, I feel this engages me faster as the world I'm effectively grinding isn't so bland. Next beta might change that but so far its a decent return to Pandora

Comment

Currently playing through this on vita. It's a poor version of an awesome game, testament to its original quality as I'm persevering despite the crashing and poor controls.

Comment

Just how bad is it? I have been tempted even though I have the game sitting on my PS+ list. I'd be bananas to get it, wouldn't I?

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                                Just how bad is it? I have been tempted even though I have the game sitting on my PS+ list. I'd be bananas to get it, wouldn't I?
                                I feel like I funded the borderlands2 alpha put it that way. Constant crashes, shocking controls and lazy graphics. A major crash and reset after a long slog section has put me off it completely. Avoid the vita version at all costs.

Massive let down for me as the game is good, and the vita is more than capable of an awesome fps (killzone mercs).

Edit. After retrying the section it crashed again but sooner on so has now been deleted. Will be contacting Sony for a refund too as it's bugged to hell and clearly shoved out the door stillborn.
                                Last edited by fishbowlhead; 19-06-2014, 17:17.

Comment

Working...
                                X