Animal Crossing 3DS / Tobidase! Doubutsu no Mori review - SPOILERS ALERT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Animal Crossing 3DS / Tobidase! Doubutsu no Mori review - SPOILERS ALERT

It's here! After the Japanese eShop getting overwhelmed, and then a 25 minute download, I finally have my first full Nintendo download game. 5658 blocks for those who are interested. Loading times are wonderfully abbreviated to the point of almost non-existance, as are save times.

Back on the train! The Mishiranu Neko once again probing you for information, like some kind of real-life internet predator. Your name it taken here along with the name of the village you are going to (i.e. creating). He then shows you a map of the village which you can decide on or have him generate another one.
    Arrive at the village! The villagers are all there to meet you - the new mayor!
    You have no house! You go and see Tanukichi (~Tom Nook) in his new Housing Agency. Take him to where you want your new pad to be and he'll...give you a tent to sleep in while the house is being built...
    Back to the Townhall! Inauguration ceremony time! Plant a tree in the Event Space [and don't forget to take a picture with L+R otherwise it'll be gone forever...like mine ;(]

It's AC. You know you loves it.

This is the friend code of my J-LL which has the game on it, add me so I can send you pictures!
    kryssLL: 5198-3737-6109

[To take pictures in the game press L and R together at almost any time.]

More tomorrow.

Edit: easy access to view pics:
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%

Please try not to include pre-set events without spoiler tags.

Comment

Some updates.

- You can select multiple items to donate, or multiple fossils to examine at the museum.
      - The island has 4 different kinds of minigames, and the shape of the island is the same as that of your town.
      - You can buy fortune cookies in the shop for 2 play coins, each one gives a ticket for a Nintendo-themed item.
      - Every day one rock can be hit for money - and one will smash and leave a gem behind which can be sold for 2k+

Last edited by kryss; 17-11-2012, 03:39.

Comment

So whats changed Steven? Do you need to do anything? What holidays events are there? Is that robbing b******d Tom Nook still there lol?

Comment

Have they changed the camera angle back to one that doesn't make everything look ****e, like in the original?

Comment

Does this one have proper holidays again? or is it like the useless **** that was in the ds version had which pretty much removed all the fun as the made up holidays were terrible.

Comment

Proper holidays like the Wii one with the same viewing angle. If left alone for a moment the camera automatically pans upwards to include the sky.

Nook is there, now being more honest and running a housing agency who build and extend your house. His nephews run the shop now.

The Recycle Shop run by Lisa (Risa from risaikuru = recycle). Every day there is a special item which they pay over the regular amount for. That is also where you sell your turnips and get furniture redesigned.

Comment

Sunday morning and I need to buy me some turnips, yet my battery is dead and I may not be home until after 12 with all this WiiU nonsense going on. Ah well.

Yesterday the gardening shop opened up so I can buy flowers and a watering can. Today the Nook shop is closed for the first lot of renovations. The grand re-opening is tomorrow and I look forward to the increased number of products for sale.

Now to get working on my hybrids.

Comment

Snow has started to fall on Gattai Mura, Club 444 (ししょー) has opened and my little house is coming along nicely. Caught a snowflake! Sold it for 500 bells.

Comment

Snow is now covering my village, the day after we celebrated the addition of another bridge. I'd also made some room the same day to plant some lychees and mango to grow more fruit. I currently have apples (village fruit), orange, dorian, coconuts, lemons, and soon mango and lychee.

Built a snowman! He gave me a bingo card and now i have to win the snowman items for the house rather than just getting them given to me. That's cool. Christmas-themed goods are available on rotation in the shop already.

Finally got the Varia Suit shoes to complete the ensemble.
                    Last edited by kryss; 12-12-2012, 02:28.

Comment

Been playing this too, my village fruits are pears.
                      Tried to figure out how to get the 7/11 goods but I don't understand enough Japanese to figure out how to do it.
                      Doesn't seem like you can buy them from other people's streetpass model houses either. =_=

Feel free to add me:

LL Friend Code: 0645-6967-5469

Dream Town: 2800-0140-1698

Comment

You can only get them from "7spot" in the shops around Japan.

You should come over my village and grab some different fruit.

Comment

Why are you dressed as Tojo in some of your pictures?

Comment

Just bought this myself, all the shops are closed atm so can't get too much done till tomorrow.

Add me for Cherries

Mr Sands: 2062-9577-2195

Comment

Cherries!

I don't have them yet. I'll get some of my fruit together and maybe you should come and visit one of these days.

Comment

Working...
                              X