No announcement yet.

The Last Of Us PS3 Reviews review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, here we are, right at the start of a re-evaluating playthrough. With tempered expectation it's going to be interesting to see how the game comes across on a second run. I've just got past the opening sequence which sets the ground work for later fine but still doesn't work for me, the sequence should have been longer with more information to make you care at least a little about the characters and the gameplay not as linear and hand holdy as it robs it of tension by making it too passive an experience.

Visually the game stands very strong, ND's detail is king and whilst not at all mistakeable for a PS4 title as some had suggested back on release it is clearly one of PS3's visual benchmarks. One thought that does rear it's head whilst playing though is that the distinct impression is that it's likely one of the PS3 games that stands to benefit least from being ported to PS4 besides a resolution boost

Comment

Last time I played through this I settled on a score of 8, at the moment I'd say I'm struggling to move from that. There's been some framerate hiccups during very detailed moments which the PS4 version could also tidy up and one or two visual hiccups where scenery popped in and out of existance though I must admit that with proper expectations the realisation of the world is impressing more. There's a lot of little details to note that missed me a liitle bit first time out too.

Gunplay is fine enough and general movement about the areas and obstacles. I'm finding that the two biggest issues remain your AI companions (who spend a large amount of their time either in your way or more commonly shattering the illusion by talking, waving their lights or running around and into the enemy who magically notice nothing at all) and the enemy themselves who still make me think of the game as a graphically pumped up Pacman at times. The design here is just too basic, I find myself enjoying the walks through city ruins and the storytelling of twenty years survival but bored rigid whenever popcorn heads crop up. Still, the current season I think doesn't have too long left now so we'll see how I go.

Comment

I just watched the lets play on youtube instead of buying the DLC. Good story telling, but not worth 12 quid.

Comment

Yup, Left Behind was totally throw away. In the end I downgraded my score to a 7, it's a decent enough game but there are a number of pretty obvious technical issues that either annoy or spoil the experience and they're avoidable ones. By the time the Uni was reached boredom had really set in too. Yes, the visual and narrative parts of the game are very well done but the game design is very limited and barely supports the games length. Pretty much left feeling the same as the first playthrough, it's fine but even on PS3 they could and probably should have done more with the gameplay to make you feel like your trying to survive in a post end of civilization world with more than crouching and pushing water pallets to rely on for your life. Last of Us 2 needs to expand a lot.

Comment

PS4 Remastered version confirmed

UPDATE 6.21pm: The Last of Us Remastered has finally been officially unveiled by Sony.Naughty Dog community strategist …

Comment

Originally posted by DavidH View Post
              PS4 Remastered version confirmed

UPDATE 6.21pm: The Last of Us Remastered has finally been officially unveiled by Sony.Naughty Dog community strategist …

That's great news! Or maybe not...

Can somebody start a thread about if we think next gen ports are good or evil?

Comment

Looks like my PS3 version will be staying sealed in that case, ho hum.

Comment

That's great news!

Has anyone seen the 1080p 60 FPS Uncharted 3 video that somehow got snuck out of Sony? It was a very impressive display of their engine and tech when pushed to those limits, I hope The Last of Us gets similar treatment.

Give the port to Blue Point!

Comment

This came up on eurogamer earlier:

Cast and crew from Naughty Dog's smash-hit survival adventure The Last of Us will reunite next week for a special theat…

Sounds great, will deffo be watching live.

Comment

Lol. Reminds me of the Resident Evil musical in Japan.

Comment

Working...
                      X