No announcement yet.

Killzone Mercenary (PS Vita) review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can just press "Triangle" to pick up ammo. I've never used the touchscreen for that.

Comment

Cheers for that will make things easier, still not sure why you can't just walk over it but hey ho

Comment

Easily missed, I mean, it only says it on screen EVERY time you are near some ammo "Press triangle to pick up". Muppet.

Comment

Well I must be a bit special

Comment

Originally posted by capcom_suicide View Post
            I use 75% sensitivity and it works great. Hopefully your Pads are ok. (I know you have insane skillzzzz) Hope you work it out, and chaining headshots is very possible indeed with KZM!
            Hah. My gaming skills are long gone I fear

I boosted the sensitivity right up and it's definitely helping with multiplayer. I'm finding things relatively successful by ramping it right up and not using the iron sights. I'm chaining a few killstreaks together now which is a vast improvement over before so.. my opinion is changing for the better.

Comment

Finished the campaign today, whole thing took me about 4 hours. Pretty enjoyable on the whole apart from the 'hacking' which did absolutely nothing for me and will not be going back and getting all the intel as a consequence of it's stinky naffness.

Looking forward to another run through and trying some different weapons, not bought a sniper rifle yet so this will be my next purchase. One thing I will say though is it's pretty tough in places I died quite a lot on my first run through, probably because I wasn't moving enough and just trying to bed down get some cover and take them out at long range which on certain levels doesn't really work.

Good solid 8/10. If this is a sign of things to come the Vita is looking good.

Comment

Finished today too Loved it! Now going back to do the precision/covert and demolition bonus contracts. Like multiplayer too

Brilliant fun, must have for vita FPS fans. I found normal a tad easy.

Comment

Yeah like I said just wasn't approaching it right things got easier after I changed my tactics, never played Killzone before. Like Silvergun I had to ramp the sensitivity right up to maximum for it to not feel sluggish.

Comment

Okay NOW this is starting to come into it's own.

When it comes to multiplayer, motion aiming at maximum sensitivity is an absolute necessity. I've switched to using motion aiming when down the sights and I've been getting 3+ killstreaks repeatedly. That gives the aiming that fine tuning that's missing from using the twin sticks on the Vita, where it's effectively all or nothing, and the aiming assistance leaves a lot to be desired.

I'm rolling with ballistic armour, the shotgun pistol for my secondary, and the starting assault rifle for my primary. Last night was the best series of games I've had, and it REALLY came into it's own with that extra level of aiming precision.

Comment

Interesting, I'll give the motion aiming a go today. Love the sound of the shotgun pistol btw got to get me one of those!

Comment

Normally I would agree with the touch screen stuff being unnecessary, but with this game I found using it in melee both worked with the flow of the game and actually seemed right for the gameplay. Stealthing it seemed more enjoyable, and I definitely found myself trying hard to get in to positions to knife the flamethrower guys who were otherwise a pain in the arse.

Comment

Originally posted by ikobo View Post
                          Normally I would agree with the touch screen stuff being unnecessary, but with this game I found using it in melee both worked with the flow of the game and actually seemed right for the gameplay. Stealthing it seemed more enjoyable, and I definitely found myself trying hard to get in to positions to knife the flamethrower guys who were otherwise a pain in the arse.
                          Yeah the knifing aspect was good I agree but did you actually like the hacking?

Comment

Can't say it really bothered me mate, the better you get at it the more you unlock though, so I sort of see the point. It's not exactly a feature exclusive to this game, things like that exist in some form in endless titles.

Comment

Originally posted by neil2k View Post
                              Yeah the knifing aspect was good I agree but did you actually like the hacking?
                              Don't like the hacking. Seems like filler because... that's exactly what it is.

Comment

What size is the save data etc? My Vita 2000 and this are due on Tuesday, but my Memory Card will not be here until Friday. Will the 1GB on-board be able to cover it?
                                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Working...
                                X