No announcement yet.

Killzone Mercenary (PS Vita) review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone still playing this online? Played for 6 hours straight yesterday, loads of matches and great fun. Few updates coming soon I downloaded the first one yesterday which frees up about 800MB of data from the last monster patch. Nice to see a couple more (Free) maps are coming and an offline bot mode which is nice.

Killzone: Mercenary developer Guerrilla Cambridge has outlined four upcoming updates for the Vita shooter due between now and mid-2014.

The game's third update should launch in the next few weeks, according to senior producer Mark Green, and offers few changes or additions to the game, but will free up 800mb of space on the user's Vita as it reduces the mammoth size of the game's previous patches--update 2 weighed in at 1.2GB.

Following in January 2014 will be update 4, which aims to improve the game's matchmaking, make it easier to connect to games, and automatically rebalance teams in multiplayer.

The fifth update will add offline bot play for the game's Mercenary and Guerrilla Warfare modes, as well and providing two additional multiplayer maps for free.

Support for the Vita TV will also be arriving in 2014 as part of the game's sixth update.

Comment

I just got it this morning. I'm up for some online.
      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Nice one, if I see you online I'll ping you an invite.

Comment

I've gelled with this game now that I've got it set up how I like it. What an excellent game, second only to KZ2 I reckon. The scene where you accompany Boris is particularly fantastic. Plenty of replay value to gather all items and intel too. I'll be playing this for a good while yet.

What does the swap crouch/dash option actually do though? I can't tell any difference.
          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I've done the main story now, it ended rather abruptly I thought. The last boss is very MGS.

I'm now onto collecting medals. I'd imagine it's going to take a few months to get them all as some of the criteria is insane. I thought there wasn't much SP content at first, but now all of this extra stuff needs to be done, I see that they've put it together very cleverly. It's a fantastic take on a handheld FPS, especially how there are different ways of going about things.

My only gripe is the weapon system and levelling up system. Unless you play on Veteran, you get hardly any cash at all. I haven't even got a full load out yet at level 18. I guess it's their way of making you play it multiple times.
            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Veteran is so easy, no harder than normal really (campaign).

Comment

I'll give it a go then. I'm currently going for all the intel in easy, so it's less trouble.
                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

The level challenges reminded me of GoldeEye, and the same feeling of replaying the first mission time and time again, just because the level design was so fun. For me this is the best KZ after KZ2, certainly. Hope it gets a HD makeover, it would be a good PSN game & deserves more attention.

Comment

Definitely the best one after 2. I'm saving MP until it gets the TV update.
                    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Still undecided whether to pick this up. You guys aren't really helping with your mixed reviews.

I think I'll wait for sub ?10.

Comment

It's in the top two games on Vita. Unless you absolutely hate FPS, everyone should have it. Sub-?10 will be a good while yet I reckon, what with there being a number of updates still to come.
                        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by 25.05.2005 View Post
                          Still undecided whether to pick this up. You guys aren't really helping with your mixed reviews.

sub ?10 its one of the best games on the vita, i doubt it will go that low.

i've been waiting for the ps vita Assassin creed to go down in price but I've had no luck

Comment

I paid ?25 delivered for it, first game purchase in a long time. Only done two missions but enjoying it more than any other KZ title I've ever played.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                              sub ?10 its one of the best games on the vita, i doubt it will go that low.

i've been waiting for the ps vita Assassin creed to go down in price but I've had no luck
                              I got AC on the Vita for ?9.99 from GAME. I think it's around ?11.99 new now in a few places. So not too far off if you want to treat yourself.

Cheapest I've seen KZ:M new was ?21.99 I think.

Comment

Originally posted by 25.05.2005 View Post

The only negative I remember was the gaming press who insited that I "Didn't need a console style shooter" on mobile. Muppets.

Comment

Working...
                                X