No announcement yet.

The Last of US Remastered PS4 review [no spoilers]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone else having problems with downloading the Left behind DLC? with a 150mbit connection and 90% wifi signal the counter shows 7 hours left at 10%?

Comment

Originally posted by Uli View Post
      anyone else having problems with downloading the Left behind DLC? with a 150mbit connection and 90% wifi signal the counter shows 7 hours left at 10%?
      Mine was fine try redownloading or delete and download again I guess. I had strange problem with Pre order unlocks not working in the main game a while back.

Comment

i had to manually set the DNS adresses, now Wifi is much faster. strange as i had same problem with my PS3. also annoying is that 5Ghz is still not supported. Sony doesn't learn it seems.

Comment

so, i finished the main story a second time (first on PS3) and also the DLC episode, which was my main reason to get this again for PS4. to sum up: the game is still as good maybe even better in a second playthrough, but if you've already got this on PS3 there is absolutley no reason to purchase this again or even buy a PS4 for. the graphics update is clearly visible but does the game no favour in certain scenes as not all textures/assets got updated which can lead to a very inconsistent presentation. the DLC Left Behind is a nice addition, although pretty much overrated in my opinion. it's too short and also contains story that was ripped from the main game as a filler.

Comment

finished my first play through on Hard. This is one fugging awesome game. Best I have played for a while that's for sure. The thing that made it for me was that it had me uncomfortable the whole game, I was always on edge - but in a good way. Brilliant pacing IMHO and had enough exploring for me. Some small annoying things like no backtracking in places, very bloody annoying if you miss some things or go off exploring and don't expect to be propelled forward with no return. Companion AI was pretty good I thought as well, I didn't have many issues with that, although I did notice that you cannot rely on your mates to kill some of the enemies to preserve ammo, which I suppose makes sense but when you see your mate with a shotgun and he doesn't use it, it's a bit annoying. Started to get into the bow a bit more towards the end, so I might use that a bit more in the next play through.

I was also disappointed you couldn't carry over the weapons & ammo (I was saving ammo especially throughout my first playthrough!!) on the + game - I was hoping for an Uncharted type + game where you can have a bit of shooty shooty fun 2nd time around - yes it would be totally unbalanced but I'd have loved the flame thrower or machine gun for the whole game! Going to finish my Hard+ and then onto Survivor & the Left Behind DLC!!

Comment

it's really stupid that you can't choose a higher difficulty on NG+. they could have Trophies disabled, i don't care for them anyway.

wish we would get an The Last of US 2 instead of Uncharted 4 in 2016. the wait for the inevitable sequel will be an ordeal i have the feeling.

Comment

Thing is, how can you follow The Last of Us? It affected me in a way no other video game has and makes what I previously considered to mature games with a story well told - HL, HL2 etc - seem like amateur productions. Perhaps another game set in the same world, but Joel and Ellie's story should be left as it is. Almost perfect

What i'd really like is a co-op game that builds on the multiplayer side of TLoU. Similar perk and weapon system and areas full of infected and bandits to explore.

Comment

Originally posted by H-Man View Post
                  Perhaps another game set in the same world, but Joel and Ellie's story should be left as it is. Almost perfect

What i'd really like is a co-op game that builds on the multiplayer side of TLoU. Similar perk and weapon system and areas full of infected and bandits to explore.
                  In agreement here, a walking dead story style where you just follow another equally affecting tale somewhere else in the country.

The multiplayer of TLOU was sublime and criminally overlooked by most people i know, would also love to see this expanded upon.
                  Last edited by PaTaito; 09-04-2015, 16:33.

Comment

I'm not sure I want a follow up. It's just so good. The first game since Silent Hill 2 to truly delve into really mature themes and deliver them with skill.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                      I'm not sure I want a follow up. It's just so good. The first game since Silent Hill 2 to truly delve into really mature themes and deliver them with skill.
                      I'm sorry, but that's absurd.
                      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                        I'm sorry, but that's absurd.
                        Sure.

Voice acting aside. It dealt with depression, suicide, sexual resentment and others. It did it exceptionally well.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                          Sure.

Voice acting aside. It dealt with depression, suicide, sexual resentment and others. It did it exceptionally well.
                          So between 2001 and 2013 NO other games have dealt with mature themes?
                          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Oh give it up Valdez.

Comment

LOL Heavy Rain>The Last of Us.
                              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                                So between 2001 and 2013 NO other games have dealt with mature themes?
                                They have, but possibly not as well.
                                Last edited by Golgo; 12-04-2015, 07:13.

Comment

Working...
                                X