No announcement yet.

Destiny 360/PS3/XBOX ONE/PS4 review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

damage you deal is based on enemy level as well as on the weapon attack level. so if you have the minimum level required to damage enemies you always deal out more damage with a maxed out weapon. means if i go fight Skolas as a level 35 guardian with one of the new 200+ weapons i should have a comparativel easy fight, right?

Comment

Originally posted by bcass View Post
      Luke Smith does indeed come over as a bit of a tit, but the guy lead the team that designed VoG, so he's definitely doing something right. Fatebringer, Thorn, and Gally still wreck in all year 1 content, so it's not a total disaster.
      From what I understand he went from doing YouTube vids to design lead which is odd in itself, he comes across as my daddy is on the board of activision to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by Uli View Post
        damage you deal is based on enemy level as well as on the weapon attack level. so if you have the minimum level required to damage enemies you always deal out more damage with a maxed out weapon. means if i go fight Skolas as a level 35 guardian with one of the new 200+ weapons i should have a comparativel easy fight, right?
        Yeah, you won't be underleveled against him anymore. Plus the weapons are much stronger. So I think he will be easy but the rewards will be rather useless now anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
          From what I understand he went from doing YouTube vids to design lead which is odd in itself, he comes across as my daddy is on the board of activision to be honest.
          Yeah he strikes me as someone who doesn't have a good understanding of game design. Sounds like he more some one who plays games, but doesn't understand how to design them, to be honest most games design position are more like low level progammer jobs these days and have very little if anything to do with real games design.

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
            I still don't get it though. The ratings numbers have changed, but they still perform exactly the same in-game. It doesn't really make any sense to have Year 2 items be more powerful. It will become a problem by the time we are at Year 4 or whatever.
            Judging by some of the perks on some of the new year 2 weapons that I've been reading about on the Bungie forums, my guess is that we'll all have forgotten about Fatebringer, Vision of Confluence, and Gally within a month of TTK landing.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
              I might be accused of hyperbole here, but I'd rank VoG as one of gamings greatest moments. Maybe it was accidental (I certainly think Bungie underestimated the impact their first raid would have on the player base) but either way, I think the design verges on genius. Such an amazing atmosphere the first few weeks (months) going through it. It wouldn't surprise me if it took the raid design team as long to create it as the rest of the company did creating the rest of the game, I love everything about it. The audio design alone is astonishing. Easy to take for granted now that everyone and his dog has gone though it, but still, it's a wonderful attempt at community gameplay.

Comment

no matter how much of a design genius Luke Smith is or was -- in most of what i have heard and read from him he comes across a bit of bigheaded, and not the brightest one i have to add.

back to the update: played the Prison 34 yesterday and discovered first hand that Shotguns are doing much less damage than before the patch.

Comment

I don't understand why they don't separate PvE and PvP stats. They should do away with shotguns entirely though. They take almost zero skill to use. They have pretty much ruined Crucible.
                  Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

shotguns are pretty much the only relyable close combat options, especially, and as pointed out in the video, when the Lightswitch mod is at work. i could also not imagine to take on a pack of Wolves solo without having a shotgun.

Comment

Originally posted by Uli View Post
                      shotguns are pretty much the only relyable close combat options, especially, and as pointed out in the video, when the Lightswitch mod is at work. i could also not imagine to take on a pack of Wolves solo without having a shotgun.
                      Good luck dealing with major monitors and hobgoblins without a decent shotty, as if they weren't bullet sponges enough already. Its just designed to make things take longer and drag out for no good reason.

Comment

I noticed. It felt like a return to pre-buff and not the 10% reduction I read a few weeks ago. I agree shotties should be nerfed, they became easy mode, but in the sense of going back to the first days of the game. Worse yet, the range of them is still too much in PvP.

Datto is absolutely right. PoE is shotgun heaven as it were close arenas with groups enemies in your face. I didn't use it that much in Nightfall and raid after the buff either, because its best to keep enemies at long range there. It was a nice tool to dispose of a major rushing in. Now its worthless as it once was and people will probably drop it. Back to square one. Way to go bungie.
                        Last edited by Panta Rhei; 14-09-2015, 22:14.

Comment

Funny reading this, all the stuff about nerfing this, nerfing that, this is too powerful etc etc, it just sounds like the "good ole days" when I used to play World of Warcraft lol.

Comment

Stupid delayed Japanese version. I've been totally locked out of the game until 4pm tomorrow because I've got TTK on pre-order. My disc won't even boot up.
                            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

It's out the 17th in Japan.

Comment

After 2 days solid play (almost 30 hours over 2 days) initial feelings from me are that TTK is amazing. Finally, we have a story, with great cinematics, a hilarious new script that never takes itself too seriously. Loads of twists and surprises, a collection of the best missions the game has seen so far, a massive quest structure that will likely takes months for most people to get through, incredible soundtrack, immensley entertaining strikes. The list goes on. The Taken are a superb addition that makes the existing content spring back to life. Bungie have added all sorts of weird behaviour to them that makes them a lot more than just more vicious versions of the old enemies. Some of the later stuff is also incredibly challenging, without doubt, the most difficult content since Bungie's Halo (legendary mode) days. It's just taken me the best part of 2 hours to complete the Playstation exclusive strike (with several people dropping out due to difficulty alonf the way). It's more of a raid boss fight than an all-out strike, but it works brilliantly. Bungie have upped the chaos levels significantly. Words like "heroic" and "legendary" really do mean that now.

Only slight negatve so far is that the levelling system is still over-complicated. If you haven't started yet, don't be so quick to shard blues in favour of legendaries, because the system doesn't work like that any more, you'll be coming across a lot of blue items that have higher defense/attack values than many of the legendary items you'll collect.

Comment

Working...
                                X