No announcement yet.

DriveClub [PS4] review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well, the first thing, is you seem to be always able to get online, now the servers are stable, then theres the new content and tracks, and the amazing weather effects which truly make the game look next gen, as well as all the bug fixes they have implemented.

Im really enjoying it again now, and the reviews if it was released in this state would have been a lot higher .

Comment

Have they extended the single player mode by any chance? That's the main update I'm hoping they add at some point, even though it's massively unlikely.

Comment

Originally posted by dave heats View Post
        Have they extended the single player mode by any chance? That's the main update I'm hoping they add at some point, even though it's massively unlikely.
        Two new single player tours have appeared since I last played ignition cup, and photo finish.

I dusted this off again this week, and have to say i'm enjoying it more. All the multiplayer options are now working including challenges, and there are a lot of little tweaks here and there (penalties are more forgiving). The weather is fantastic, easily one of the best dynamic weather systems. The only thing that still spoils it a bit is the AI is still horrible which makes some of the later events in the hyper cars very frustrating.

To be honest I don't know why they didn't just delay it by another two months if this is what they could have accomplished in that time. It would have still been out before christmas and they would have sold a shed load more copies.

Comment

Nice article on eurogamer looking at the dynamic weather:

Even before launch, DriveClub was a divisive title, provoking a range of different opinions, but its fortunes weren't h…

Comment

Originally posted by ne0star View Post
            Nice article on eurogamer looking at the dynamic weather:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...a-game-changer
            I read that and thought it was great. Defo want to play this again now.

Comment

Stay strong people. It's sub ?30 on amazon at the moment but surely will drop more. Hope so as I've already convinced myself to give it another rinse over christmas.

Comment

Good read (and pics) on that article yes. Am tempted to give this a go but wll hold off for now. Really surprised they haven't tied in the quite major update with a PSN price reduction leading up to Christmas.

Comment

wont the game be free if you subscribe to PSN?

Comment

No, just the (unreleased) demo is free for PS+ users. Also you get a discount on the full game is your have PS+.

Comment

just got this and can't put it down... reminds me of a cross between Ridge Racer and PGR. Got it for less then ?25 from Amazon with a ?5 MasterCard discount. Its definitely much better then some of the reviews suggest out there imo.

BTW any clubs i can join? there seems to be 2 bordersdown ones which are full...

Comment

Originally posted by dave heats View Post
                        Stay strong people. It's sub ?30 on amazon at the moment but surely will drop more. Hope so as I've already convinced myself to give it another rinse over christmas.
                        Maybe it will even be one of the 12 deals of Christmas on the PlayStation Store, there's still another 6 or 7 to be revealed I think.

Comment

$39.99 on sale here and looks a little tempting. I...want to go digital though

Comment

I would expect it to be one of the PSN sale deals be fore Christmas, maybe.

Comment

Mingo I have two accounts in Bordersdown 2. if you send me (RogsR35UK) a Friend Request I can delete my non-Plus account and send you an Invite.

Comment

Originally posted by Bassman View Post
                                Mingo I have two accounts in Bordersdown 2. if you send me (RogsR35UK) a Friend Request I can delete my non-Plus account and send you an Invite.
                                Thanks. Misterbubbles already set up a bordersdown 3 club. We have been trading challenges last night. Anyone wanna join just search.

I'll add you anyway when I get home.

This game is the most fun racing game I have played in a long time. Don't listen to the bad reviews, this game is crack! Don't wait for the PS+ version. Get the full one now!

Comment

Working...
                                X