DriveClub [PS4] review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VR46 View Post
    I would expect it to be one of the PSN sale deals be fore Christmas, maybe.
    PSN price is $49.99 for Plus, sub-$30 I'll bite.

Comment

Picked this up today and have sent a request to join Bordersdown III

Comment

I'm thinking of buying this and has the number of club members now increased to 12 as I'm sure it was originally 6?

Comment

I started Borderdsdown 2 when the first was full and I couldn't join. I linked a second of my accounts (non-Plus) to it so that I could level it. I subsequently did some recruiting from GT Planet to give the club a boost.

Comment

How do you buy this Digital? I can only see the yellow PS Plus upgrade version or is this the full game?

Or can th full game only be bought on Disc?

Comment

The yellow PS Plus Upgrade version is the complete game. It has a discount because you have a PS Plus subscription.

Comment

Originally posted by MoFo2 View Post
                The yellow PS Plus Upgrade version is the complete game. It has a discount because you have a PS Plus subscription.
                Thanks for the quick answer will buy this with Christmas cash look forward to joining Bordersdown 3 club. Recent patches seem to have improved it a lot handling seems very marmite Jeff Giant Bomb seemed to hate it handling wise but others seem to love it. Looking fwd to the weather and interactivity of it with other users here and on PSN.

Hope they patch the A.I as that does sound like it has problems although the the A.I for The Crew sounds a lot worse.
                Last edited by JU!; 16-12-2014, 16:41.

Comment

I picked this up last week in Shopto sales.I'm up for joining a Bordersdown club

Comment

I do have to wonder where this power of the PS4 really is ? has so far on all the major platform exclusive's the Xbox One games look better . Getting over the disappointing graphics (apart from the amazing gfx on the weather) I have to say this is one of the most enjoyable racers I've played in years the course design , racing and the car's handling are spot on and the best maybe since Sega Rally on the Saturn .

Very glad I picked this up now after the update

Comment

?20 in CEX so rebought yesterday.

2.54Gb update after which I had no connection issues of any sort.

Weather effects are amazing and the additional SP content is most welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Bassman View Post
                        Mingo I have two accounts in Bordersdown 2. if you send me (RogsR35UK) a Friend Request I can delete my non-Plus account and send you an Invite.

Originally posted by mingo View Post
                        Thanks. Misterbubbles already set up a bordersdown 3 club. We have been trading challenges last night. Anyone wanna join just search.

I'll add you anyway when I get home.

This game is the most fun racing game I have played in a long time. Don't listen to the bad reviews, this game is crack! Don't wait for the PS+ version. Get the full one now!
                        O.K about try to join Bordersdown 3 through #Drive Club. Looking forward to playing this sounds great and to add to that weather effects. Hope I can get some extra points for the club.

If it came with weather at the start and was not broken Server wise to begin with as well as the PS+ Version being released as planned it would be doing very well. Seems now it is the game it should have been at release good to see The studio supporting it with these huge free updates.

Shame Clubs can only have 6 Members in a club! Seems Bordersdown 3 is full I sent my request when 5 members.
                        Last edited by JU!; 21-12-2014, 15:25.

Comment

Do you want to join Bordersdown 2? I can delete RogsR34UK and send you an invite. Send RogsR35UK a Friend Request.

Comment

Has anything been done with the front end/presentation? It was pretty bland when i last played it.

Comment

Handling is nice on this really like the Drifting Events too. Strange the game has not decided if it wants to be an Arcade racer or Simulation appears somewhere in between which can be good. Lots of cars to choose from definely needs more Custom templates unlocked from the start I think. Not sure what happens when I get into a club(guess the club all has the same design) Don't know if Sony/Evo Studio were doing Maintenance but could not connect to friends also leaderboards not showing.

Star system is great. Nice idea and the Challenges from friends etc seems brilliantly integrated.

Driver characters type and faces plus bodies need attention not enough types in there to pick from would be easy for Evo studios to add more I hope.

Love the way weather changes mid race night day stuff. Speaking of weather is even better than I could have imagined, reading the Euro Gamer article the individual droplets and it swishing on the windscreen wipers is amazing. Also reflective surfaces have to be seen to be believed. The sun is also quite impressive. Best weather effects in a game?!

Sling shot rubber band A.I a bit annoying seems to do the old Gran Turismo follow the same old line stuff.

Car customization seems quite cool, a lot of unlocks to do though.

Online seems lag free when racing strange today though Evo/Sony maintenance or something going on as Servers mega slow Sunday. Getting into races was really, really slow waiting too a bit. As above leaderboard and friends plus Challenge requests slow/not displaying. Seemed to get better after a bit not sure why. This could still be an online problem the game has at certain points or an off day.

Seems weird there is no race music in this game at all it seems or I cannot hear it.

Have to say this game has amazing connection Challenge functions are like Auto Log x10 when working correct, I get the impression. Truly staggering the way all clubs can be connected plus all players and Challenges continuously updated.

Thanks to MisterBubbles inviting me to the Bordersdown III Club and Challenges. Servers were really slow on Sunday. Also Golf GTI Challenge is brilliant.
                              Last edited by JU!; 21-12-2014, 19:11.

Comment

Originally posted by Bassman View Post
                                Do you want to join Bordersdown 2? I can delete RogsR34UK and send you an invite. Send RogsR35UK a Friend Request.
                                Thanks Bassman for offering. MisterBubbles hooked me up. I'll help get Bordersdown III up a bit hopefully .

Comment

Working...
                                X