No announcement yet.

DriveClub [PS4] review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daveheats: I've PMed teddymeow to find out his ID, but no reply yet, so that invite will have to wait unfortunately. I don't know how active the other member are either.

Comment

Originally posted by Bassman View Post
      Invite has been sent. I see the Bordersdown 2 is now Lv 21. I must admit to not being on much recently as I seem to be a bit off gaming at the moment! I do suffer from that occasionally.
      Thanks, have accepted, now just need to find some time to play it.

Comment

Managed a few races last night, the lack of engine sounds in any view really irks me, sounds like I'm driving an electric car most of the time, maybe it improves when I get to the top end cars but really don't like the way the engine is so quiet. Total opposite of Forza 5 and Forza Horizon 2 which I've played a lot of in the last six months.

Playing with manual gears I seem to be spending more time looking at the rev counter than I should

Looks great and plays well, though doesn't have much soul - if that's the right word, all just seems a bit flat and clinical. Will be sticking with it though, want to give it a proper fair chance to impress more.

Comment

Originally posted by VR46 View Post
          Managed a few races last night, the lack of engine sounds in any view really irks me, sounds like I'm driving an electric car most of the time, maybe it improves when I get to the top end cars but really don't like the way the engine is so quiet. Total opposite of Forza 5 and Forza Horizon 2 which I've played a lot of in the last six months.

Playing with manual gears I seem to be spending more time looking at the rev counter than I should
          I have found the exact same things although the engine sound does seem to depend on which car you are driving. Pretty sure I saw reviews saying how good the engine sound was so not sure if it's something to do with my setup (Dolby Headphones via Mix Amp)?

Comment

I've tried via the speakers on the Viera TV, soundbar and decent headphones, all about the same, and there's nothing in the game options to change the balance of sounds really. Quite disappointing.

Comment

You really think they're too quiet?

I thought the sounds are up there with Forza 4, F1 2013 and Dirt 3. Really loud with subtlety about them in regards to turbo noise, shifting and back fire.

Comment

The quality is fine, but volume wise to have a decent level of engine sound the tyre sounds are far too high. Will have play with the set up at the weekend and see if can make it any better.

Comment

That's odd, I don't think I've ever heard the tyre or road noise over the engine and ambient detail!

GT5 / GT6 was always bad in my eyes as to the mix between engine and tyre noise.

Comment

I had very similar first impressions VR46 but rest assured the game's a grower. Everything gets better with the faster cars, including the audio. I think the problem is they've made the cockpit audio balance a bit too realistic.

Comment

Originally posted by VR46 View Post

Looks great and plays well, though doesn't have much soul - if that's the right word, all just seems a bit flat and clinical. Will be sticking with it though, want to give it a proper fair chance to impress more.
                      Same here, I'm playing cockpit view also and spend a lot of time looking at the rev counter! My sound is 5.1 DTS through a Pioneer amp and I've never seen this issue in any other game? I'm still relatively early on though so hopefully, as SMB, says, things will pick up....or get louder at least!

Comment

I'm actually using the third person view now. Something I rarely do in a racer but it certainly helps you see whats coming in Driveclub.

Comment

I hate this game so much. If wanted something that made me so angry I'm shouting obscenities at the TV I would just get into sport.
                          I managed to beat a drift course score set by a forumite after a lot of tries, only to realise the only two other people to try the challenge tried it ONCE, and I took 23 tries to beat them both.

This is not a comment on the game itself, just my patience to play it. Time to trade it in.
                          Last edited by kryss; 31-01-2015, 17:05.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                            I hate this game so much. If wanted something that made me so angry I'm shouting obscenities at the TV I would just get into sport.
                            I managed to beat a drift course score set by a forumite after a lot of tries, only to realise the only two other people to try the challenge tried it ONCE, and I took 23 tries to beat them both.

This is not a comment on the game itself, just my patience to play it. Time to trade it in.
                            This game makes me exactly the same, after awhile i just get so bloody angry that i just PS button, turn off console.

Comment

I really like this game. The fact that it doesn't have a rewind feature is great as it just shows me how soft I'd become with games like forza. this is old school hardcore gaming.

I spent 3 hours beating a work mates score on a track the other night. must have done the same track about 100 times at least before i finally got the perfect racing line and beat his score by a whole second which propelled me to the dizzying height of 2000th best at that track in the world!

For me, this is what racing games are all about. It's just a shame the computer AI is utter dog ****. if they could sort that out then they would, in my eyes, have the best racing game ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Super Monkey Balls View Post
                                I'm actually using the third person view now. Something I rarely do in a racer but it certainly helps you see whats coming in Driveclub.
                                I'm always torn between first person cockpit and third person view on this. Feels I should be using third person as not a sim like GT6 but then the cockpit view looks so cool.

Loving the latest Japan courses, trying to set some times for them in some Challenges whilst doing Solo stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X