No announcement yet.

The Evil Within (All Formats) review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah screw the Metro review, I've already decided I'm going to love it. Anyone know if there's a cheeky 'mercenaries'-type mode for extra replayability, or NG+ or something?

Comment

There's an unlockable Hard mode; I don't know about a Mercenaries-style minigame.

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
        Ah screw the Metro review, I've already decided I'm going to love it. Anyone know if there's a cheeky 'mercenaries'-type mode for extra replayability, or NG+ or something?
        Metro are hit n miss
        I'm looking forward to it

Comment

Good review from IGN, will be a Marmite game I guess, no middle ground. Really can't wait to play it tonight.

As I posted in the news thread last night, this is all you need to know

Hard, dirty, but definitively brilliant, The Evil Within marks Shinji Mikami's return in Survival Horror genre, with talent. Prepare yourselves: you will suffer.

Comment

Only managed 30 mins on this last night as I decided to finish Shadow of Mordor first, but it looked damned good.

SURVIVAL HORROR WOO!! **** YOU RESI 6!!

Comment

It was always a toss up for me between Aliens Isolation and Evil Within, as both have been on my radar, but I am thinking that his is the game that will satisfy my survival horror needs...

Are the puzzles in the game your standard Resident Evil fetch the key sort of affair? Or have they been a bit more creative this time?

Comment

There aren't any puzzles to speak of, just devices to make you perform certain actions. For example, to clear one chapter, you need the item that a particular enemy is carrying.

Comment

The slightly less than stellar reviews haven't put me off and I'm still going to pick this up at the end of the week.

One question though on something a couple of reviews have picked up on - are the loading times annoyingly long? Am sure I'll be seeing them a lot after being frequently killed, and waiting for ages will probably quickly frustrate me

Comment

They're not massively long, but they are noticeable, becoming a bit annoying when you're being repeatedly getting killed on the same bit. The discretely animated loading screens are a nice touch, though.

Comment

Cheers - good too know that they're not too excessive on the whole.

Comment

Sounds good look forward to more impressions.

Comment

Really want to play this, but have decided to wait till I actually use my ultrawide monitor on it properly. It currently looks like this:

Comment

That sucks. I gave in a got it on ps4. Was quite tempted for the pc version so I could use my ultrawide monitor too but it's not sounding like a good port.

Only just started but the opening is very well done.

Comment

So the PS4 version has "cinema style" black borders?

Comment

Yup, indeed it does.

Comment

Working...
                                X