Donkey Konga

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mattSix
    anyone here using freeloader with donkey konga?

can anyone confirm being able to save & load using freeloader on a western cube (pal or us ntsc)?
    There's reports of Freeloader incompatibility on Another Forum
    Apparently the game appears to save to the memory card, but upon reloading it, it wants to reformat the card...

Comment

I'm having the same problem. I've worked out a theory.

We know the latest version of FreeLoader displays gibberish when dealing with the memory card, however it saves and loads just fine. However, everyone I've talked is using a memory card with other Jap saves on it; ie, this is not their first GC import. This is my first GC import, which would mean that Konga is trying to format the memory card and is somehow failing, as can be proven when it tries to write to the memory card and then a Konga noise can be heard, and it attempts to do it again before going to the title screen.

In other words, Konga + FreeLoader can save and load but CANNOT format. You need a Jap game before Konga's release to format the card properly. At least, I assume this is the case, as I've experimented with multiple memory cards and combinations. I don't know for sure, I'll get back to you in a few days and let you know if there's a workaround beyond buying/borrowing another game.
      Dunno if its correct as I use a modded Q and don't have freeloader but it sounds kinda right...

Comment

It seems to be Mr Driller Drill Land all over again.

Comment

Originally posted by rjpageuk
          It seems to be Mr Driller Drill Land all over again.
          the horror... the horror!

& on a brighter note, i like how this thread gets described as a love in elsewhere!

the namco connection plus 'save / no load' reports do point towards the same kind of incompatibility... i hope not though, there's going to be a few pissed off pal cube owners if it is the case.

Comment

Damn I want this game so much, I have a question though whats it like playing with a pad?

Im only getting one set of bongos you see

Comment

It would be like watching snooker on a black and white set (assuming you really really liked watching snooker of course).

Or playing golf using an umbrella instead of golf clubs.

Workable, but misses out most of the fun.

Still, you wouldn't have aching hands like I do this morning.

Comment

Konga with out a drum?
                Like tankplanker said, workable, but misses out most of the fun.

Any idea of what the stuff I'm buying is? I think they are songs and drum sound effects, but is there anything else to buy?

Comment

Originally posted by mattSix
                  & on a brighter note, i like how this thread gets described as a love in elsewhere!
                  Ahh yes. That was me, I assume.

You guys on here are just a lot more positive than those of us on Rllmuk. You sort of build the game up from the bottom, talking about how it's good. We sort of assume everyone knows how good the game is, and chip away at it with negatives.

And considering I'm waiting for the postman to hand me a Donkey Konga sized package, I'm much happier reading how great it is, rather than what will inevitably happen on Rllmuk, and me getting dissapointed with the game before it's arrived.

Comment

You guys on here are just a lot more positive than those of us on Rllmuk. You sort of build the game up from the bottom, talking about how it's good. We sort of assume everyone knows how good the game is, and chip away at it with negatives.

And considering I'm waiting for the postman to hand me a Donkey Konga sized package, I'm much happier reading how great it is, rather than what will inevitably happen on Rllmuk, and me getting dissapointed with the game before it's arrived.
                    Which is the main reason for this First Look forum

Comment

Originally posted by bowser123
                      Any idea of what the stuff I'm buying is? I think they are songs and drum sound effects, but is there anything else to buy?
                      The mini games, not started to unlock these as they cost loads.

If anybody is wondering how to use the extra sounds, press the left or right drum at the last screen before starting a song (the one with the four controllers at the bottom). The ones you have just brought have a "new" next to them.

Comment

Damn. Just spent all my money on other stuff too.
                        Was real close to an expensive item (mini game I think, judging by what your saying) but I spent the lot on other stuff. I do have a vine climbing game though, the one thats on the back of the box.

My hands hurt now too, played too much
                        At least today is a day off work for me so I have had a real chance at trying the game out properly.

It is a really good, fun game. Hell even my parents have had a go!

Comment

How easy is it to navigate for us non Japanese reading people ? my copy will be with me on Thursday

Comment

Originally posted by MikeF
                            How easy is it to navigate for us non Japanese reading people ? my copy will be with me on Thursday
                            Basically it isnt. Id love someone to do a translation 8)

Comment

After trial and error I'm not finding it too bad.
                              These are my findings:

After title screen (going down screen):
                              1 player main game- easy, medium, hard. "Cool" easy, medium hard. "Cool" is like main game but doesn't indicate what you have to press. Kinda test of memory I think. Do good enough you get a DK icon next to song title, bronze, silver and gold.
                              You earn coins here to buy stuff

1-2 player- similar to main game except the bar at the top is an energy bar which decreases when you miss a beat

2 player- Two player contest on any song you have.

1-4 player- Similar to main game but gives records of what you have missed, what scores you have. Sure there is more to it TBH, maybe a "time trial" type thing where you do individual songs to get your best score.

1-2 player- Mini games you have won. Most are probably obscured, you have to buy them

Options:
                              Record Icon: Buy songs
                              Trumpet? Icon: Buy sound effects.
                              Pad icon: Buy mini games
                              Statue? Icon: Records of best scores
                              Black Thing: Sound, pic, etc options

The barrel next to each song is its difficulty. More barrels means its harder.
                              Yellow is left drum, red is right. Spiky blue is clap, pink is left and right together.
                              Pause menu, L-R: Continue, resart, quit to menu. End of level menu: retry, quit to menu.

Not perfect by any means but the game is certainly playable. I'm sure people will correct or add to my views to give a bigger translation.

Comment

Anyone else having trouble saving the game using a freeloader or action Replay?
                                I was hoping to import this game in time for Christmas but my hopes are starting to fade now [/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X