No announcement yet.

Donkey Konga

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the verdict is that it definitely doesn't save with Freeloader. I've experimented a fair bit with it myself this evening, but no joy.

Anyone know where I can get a switch fitted to my US cube before Monday?

Comment

Originally posted by tankplanker
      The boxes for the additional controllers are identical to the game and controller pack, which is a bit confusing.
      It could well be that PA took the games out of the Packs leaving the drums. Remember they initally had problems sourcing spare controller only sets.

Anyone have a Controller only set from Lik-sang confirm this?

Comment

I've heard two things now...here and on mIRC
        1. It doesn't save at all if you use a freeloader on a pal cube.
        2.It saves if you have formatted the card to japanese standards...if you have another jap save on it in other words.
        Which is true?

Comment

Yeah thats what i need to know. People over at gamefaqs seam to think that it WILL save using the Freeloader if the card is Japanese formatted.

If this turns out to be true i need a BIG favour some some kind sole on these forums

Comment

Originally posted by Game Boy
            I think the verdict is that it definitely doesn't save with Freeloader. I've experimented a fair bit with it myself this evening, but no joy.

Anyone know where I can get a switch fitted to my US cube before Monday?
            Yod@ on Rllmuk should be able to do it. He's normally very fast with Xbox modchips, so switched by monday shouldn't be a problem, unless the christmas post gets in the way of it.

(You'll find him at the top of the Trading Folder)

Comment

Does anyone else have sore hands after playing this game?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ono
                Originally posted by tankplanker
                The boxes for the additional controllers are identical to the game and controller pack, which is a bit confusing.
                It could well be that PA took the games out of the Packs leaving the drums. Remember they initally had problems sourcing spare controller only sets.

Anyone have a Controller only set from Lik-sang confirm this?
                this would make sense, I guess they would then repackage up the proper additonal controllers with the spare games and sell them on.

Comment

a fair point has been made on another forum regarding the saving problem : datel will proberly release codes for the ar so you can unlock everything. i know its not the best solution but at least this you can still see what the game has hidden away. i hate cheating on a game but if needs must

Comment

Originally posted by Zanzaki
                    I've heard two things now...here and on mIRC
                    1. It doesn't save at all if you use a freeloader on a pal cube.
                    2.It saves if you have formatted the card to japanese standards...if you have another jap save on it in other words.
                    Which is true?
                    i haven't seen anything to suggest the issue with konga is any different to that with mr driller: drill land. there is no workaround for drill land...

a memory card written in jpn format cannot be read by a pal or unmodified us cube, whether booted with freeloader or not. so statement 2 cannot be true.

Comment

My copy arrived today. Have to say that I am enjoying it so far bu a menu guide would be very helpful.

Comment

This game is fantastic, can't wait to get another set of drums for a drum off.

Just realised, that after you pick a song, you can change the beat, to like a Donky Kong style sound. So once you've bought them, you change them there!

I don't understand what the the menus are, when you go one player. Thereslike 6 options. The bottom 3 of COOL in the name and the top three don't. Whats that all about? Whats the differance?

Comment

See Page 3 for rough menu guide...

Comment

Originally posted by 007
                            This game is fantastic, can't wait to get another set of drums for a drum off.

Just realised, that after you pick a song, you can change the beat, to like a Donky Kong style sound. So once you've bought them, you change them there!

I don't understand what the the menus are, when you go one player. Thereslike 6 options. The bottom 3 of COOL in the name and the top three don't. Whats that all about? Whats the differance?
                            From what i've read form other places (i've not got mine yet) that menu is like this:

EASY

HARD

EXPERT

EASY-COOL

HARD-COOL

EXPERT-COOL

I think COOL just means you don't get shown what tp press, you have to do it by memory or something.

Comment

EASY

HARD

EXPERT

EASY-COOL

HARD-COOL

EXPERT-COOL

By Memory? Are you sure? I played one on cool. And the icons were there... I swear they were...

I've been using the rough guide. Cheers chaps.

Great game isn't it? Can't wait for a second set of bongos!

Comment

with cool they are barrels, you have to work out if they are left, right, both or clap from memory.

Comment

Working...
                                X