No announcement yet.

Metal Gear Solid V review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This game sets Kojima up nicely for a kickstarter. Up til mgs5 people wouldn't have been sure what type of game he could make but now he's shown he can make massive budget open world games, not just what we've all know metal gear to be up to this point.

Comment

Big thing on Twitter.

There's a bug where if you use

Quiet as a buddy

in missions 29 or 42 your save data can corrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by capcom_suicide View Post
        This game reminds me of Operation Flashpoint.
        Ohh, that's a very appropriate comparison and I've not thought of it like that before.

"****, get the LAW!"

Comment

Edged my way onto Chapter 2. I feel like I'm starting to settle with the game that Kojima's given us but it still feels more spin-off than closing chapter. The actual gameplay though of sneaking into an area and extracting a target etc plays really smoothly and works really well. I can see where the potential likes for this to be a great game but a terrible MGS entry if the rest of the experience doesn't pull closer to the series core aspects down the line. I'm ages from that anyway, at this point I'm just hoping there's some decent rational follow up on that ridiculous black konk sticking out his head. I'm completely fine with a walking nuclear weapon but that damned chunk in his face annoys the hell out of me.

Comment

Game save corrupting bug confirmed by Konami.

don't bring along Quiet as a companion for either Mission 29 or Mission 42.

Didn't know if this had been mentioned at all.

Comment

Can't wait to have a day off so I can really delve into this, but for some reason every time I think of playing, I think of how my PS4 is annoying the living daylights out of me, and need to send it to be serviced all the way to France and not be playing this!

Ohhh... This negative mind of mine. Why do I let it shine?

Comment

Metal Gear Solid V review

Really enjoying this. 3% complete, mind. I didn't realise the game is fairly similar to that of the brilliant (IMO) Peace Walker in terms of gameplay and other features. Imagine if it had the PW style co-op!

I've found it tricky and ended a few missions in complete gung-hoeyness. Anyone suffering the same outcome from time to time?

I like the game structure. Where you can go back and be a completist. I love the MGS quirkiness. The game so far feel really nicely put together.

Comment

I've done quite a few missions gung Ho, later on in the game you have upgraded most of your kit, so it's easier to go a be a crazy stealth bastard.
                  I've got to the point now where I can Fulton a whole tank including it's driver by sneaking up behind it

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                    I've got to the point now where I can Fulton a whole tank including it's driver by sneaking up behind it
                    My goodness, that must look like the silliest thing in gaming ever. But lol too.

I'm hoping you can Fulton a whole map towards the end.

Comment

Like Katamari, Fulton the whole earth

Comment

Haha na naaaa na na na nanaaaa na naa

Comment

Mmmmm, not sure about this. No doubt it is a great game, but the micro managing aspects are doing my head in. I hate this at work, so doing it in a game is not fun! There so many aspects that require the levels of patience that are beyond me now (listening to countless cassette tapes for example) that I think I will have to pass.

I not slating the game, it is about me and the sort of games I like to play. I rarely play full on rpg's as I lack the patience.

I am looking forward to Uncharted etc., they are more my cup of tea.

Enjoy folks, if it is your thing, I think it will be an incredible journey!

Comment

I listen to the tapes while I'm on my way from drop zones to the area of the mission. I prefer it to the old codecs where you couldn't actually achieve anything whilst they were going on. This way it happens in the background. Also looking forward to new Uncharted though!

Comment

You don't have to listen to the tapes. Just start them and move on. I couldn't be arsed with them after the first few. The mother base stuff to can be automatically done if you can't be bothered handing out the right jobs like me. The only problem I have with the game are the bloody crouch and hit the deck buttons. Keep pressing the wrong one. Also Snake should be able to jump. He's total wank at climbing stuff to the point where it becomes annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                                You don't have to listen to the tapes. Just start them and move on. I couldn't be arsed with them after the first few. The mother base stuff to can be automatically done if you can't be bothered handing out the right jobs like me. The only problem I have with the game are the bloody crouch and hit the deck buttons. Keep pressing the wrong one. Also Snake should be able to jump. He's total wank at climbing stuff to the point where it becomes annoying.
                                cheers for tip will give it another go tonight before deciding to sell

Comment

Working...
                                X