No announcement yet.

Monster Hunter World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[MENTION=938]Tobal[/MENTION] Loving the feedback you get from your ammo. The sticky slicing ones are ace.

Comment

I died a few times, but I beat an anjanath on my own for the main quest. Loving my great sword.

Used the equipment farmed to sort out my kitty with full anjanath armour, and bought myself an even bigger and harder sword- now to go beat him a few more time to get the armour set!!

My mates just bought this- what’s the best/easiest way for us to party together and do missions? The MP setup in this is still really obtuse to me.

Comment

You were on for hours last night!
        You were already playing when I switched on about half eight and still going when I switched off about one am!

I found creating your own game is the way forward for co-op with friends and you can do that from the very first menu instead of selecting "matchmake".

I spent the night tinkering, trying out a bunch of weapons. I found the bow too sluggish and the charge sword had potential, but I had a blast playing with the Kinsect Glaive.

I'm going to watch some tutorials as I don't completely get it, yet. Hitting certain points makes various gauges flash. However, you aim your beetle at the monsters and they attack them, meanwhile, you're using your weapon like a pole vault and suddenly I'm Dante, flipping and twisting in the air and landing mount attacks without needing something to jump off.

I took out a few lesser monsters solo and would've done more if they hadn't kept running off. They literally dug away or leapt out of the playing area! Oh, also the big boys like Diablo and Rathian kept turning up to ruin my stride.

Comment

Erm... I thought I turned it off about 9pm - that’s weird. I went to bed at 10.30 after watching YouTube for a bit so dunno what PSN is on about!

I am enjoying it more now I know the “padding” for want of a better word is optional. The investigations I mean- I’m only doing them now when I want to hunt a specific monster rather than doing them all.

Haven’t ventured into coop/online much- only what I did with you- hoping for some more- maybe tonight if you are on?

Comment

Oof! It made me feel better that someone was up later than me!

Yeah, it's like any decent open world game where there's a story to follow, side missions to do or you can just arse about.

Should be on tonight, but I might need a break from it, as it keeps making me stop up!

Comment

I was on until 2:30 last night Needed an Anjanath Fang for my flaming Anjanath Great Sword. Had one last go with the help of Kryss, but nothing. Had to go to bed. So much fun though.

Comment

If it helps, I’ll probably be on tonight til late- come joooiiiiin meeeee

Comment

Thanks, Hudson. That does help!

Deffo want to mash up some indigenous creatures to make some new boots or something.

Comment

I’m anjanath hunting, so two of us should make it faster

Comment

Trouble is, I can't get on until about 10 during the week and probably a little later on weekends. I'll keep an eye out.

Comment

I was in the same lobby world as QC for a while last night and sent him my Guild card, but no reply to that...
                        It seems that you can be in one lobby and answer an SOS from another without leaving, so that might be my way forward this weekend. That way I can set up and wait for anyone online and still hunt without the fear of them not being able to enter the lobby.
                        I would suggest "bdown" as our standard passcode.

Comment

Can you please explain guild cards and squads?

Comment

The best way to organise stuff is to set up a ps party chat I’m always normally in one and anyone is welcome to jump in with me if you see me online, squads is just an easier way to find your friends in game and group up.

hunters looking boss

Last edited by Lebowski; 02-02-2018, 12:19.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                              Can you please explain guild cards and squads?
                              Guild cards are a carry over from when there was no other way to see if your friends were online (PS2/Wii era) and are just a bit of fun now. It used to be customary to exchange them after a successful quest so you could hunt together with competent people.

Squads are (I think) pre-formed groups of hunters, new to this iteration. But fuse should be the one to explain them as I don't really know.

Comment

When we were in game last night, I had a look at the Squad option and nothing was selectable. Mystery.

Comment

Working...
                                X