Monster Hunter World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It works now.

Playing around with my heavy bowgun and ShareFactory themes.

Comment

Managed to build my full set of Anjanath armour, and built the “Flammenzahn” - a humongous flaming great sword. Haven’t used it yet!

My cat is now dressed as a ladybug too

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
        Lovely view QC. What's your sword made from?
        Blazing Shotel I Long Sword, I think.

Tried playing the Kinsect Glaive the right way but it's a bit finicky.

Instead of getting on with a fight, you have to target the monster 3 times in specific parts to get the three buffs.
        All good and well if you're fighting the Velocichicken, but when TWO Rathians are following you around a tiny forest area, ain't nobody got time for that!

Also, one of the main benefits of the Glaive is the ability to vault and get mounts without needing a ledge. I couldn't get my head around why I could only seem to do it twice and then my fella could never do it again. Well, it turns out that the odds of a mount drop every time you do it.

So the Glaive is one of the weakest weapons without a buff, the buffs are over-complicated and the mounts are hobbled.

I swapped back to the flamin' hot long sword and enjoyed causing some damage again, but immediately missed being unable to flip about the place!

I'm going to give the charge sword/axe thing a try next. I love how different all the weapons feel (fnarr fnarr).

I also need to progress the plot a bit, but now I'm slightly tougher, I'm exploring the Coral Highlands a bit.

Comment

I've added a poll like all First Play treads should have.
          I couldn't think of enough witty categories though.

Comment

Finished off the main campaign on Saturday but the games far from over

i now have access to high level monster quests and a new story, if you thought taking down the Anjanath or Rathian was tricky before wait till you have to fight him at high level. it would seem this is where most of the meat for the game is as their are all new monsters to fight as well as alpha and beta versions off all the Armour in the game to collect

The best bit about having finished the story though is no more cut scene lock outs you can just jump in where you like with friends and take on what you like. its a game that just keeps on giving.
            Last edited by Lebowski; 05-02-2018, 09:57.

Comment

Gave my Palico the full rolling bone monster set. No, not the MonkeyDizzel special.
              Completed my Tobi Kadachi and Legiana heavy bowguns as well, time for some Rath hunting.

Comment

So I’ve heard investing in “LR” armour sets is pointless, I assume “HR” sets unlock after the main game? Should I be wasting materials/time making armour sets right now?

Comment

High Rank armour needs high rank mats to make it, so you're not wasting anything you use now, just be aware that you'll be remaking armour over and over until you have whatever G-Rank armour you want. Not that G-Rank has been mentioned yet but I'm guessing it'll come.

There is always a point to making stronger armour - you don't want to be the one responsible for failing a quest as you've been 1HK'd 3 times in a row.

Comment

Originally posted by MrKirov View Post
                    So I’ve heard investing in “LR” armour sets is pointless, I assume “HR” sets unlock after the main game? Should I be wasting materials/time making armour sets right now?
                    At the moment you do need to be building your Armour up or you will struggle to get past harder bosses like the, Odogaron, Diablos, or Rathilos, what i did was got a fully leveled Odogaron Armor Set and stuck with that for the first few high rank fights, before moving to a high rank set.

Comment

I’ve got full Anjanath armour and sword, and bummed the Rathian (oo-er) just spent a bit of time farming to do it, and wondered if it was worthwhile is all

Comment

You can always sell parts for cash. Nothing in MH is pointless.

Comment

These elder dragons are right bastards, i've had to give up various attack boosters to load in defense and dragon resistance in at 340def and 22 resist, up to 40 with food they can still make your HP bar vanish in second with how fast they come at you and they purposely start delay attacks so you roll away and they keep turning to home in you... almost thinking of trying out guard panel on the HBG.

Completed the Kobi lion 3 which while it doesn't have the most raw damage numbers being level 6 max on it tree, it's the only gun to have pierce 3, dragon, cluster, wyvern and most importantly alot of slice on it, every other gun is bad.

working towards the eyepatch which boost weakness crits to 30% which seems like it go well with slice.
                          Last edited by Tobal; 05-02-2018, 18:59.

Comment

Ha! Good times [MENTION=5011]vanpeebles[/MENTION], [MENTION=4957]hudson[/MENTION] (he's Hicks) and [MENTION=3822]fuse[/MENTION].

Not sure where you went at the end there, Fuse, but Hoolak fired a flare and a couple of crazy Japanese guys turned up for much hilarity.

Still failed the quest!

Comment

Anjanaaaaaaaath!

Haha, good games.

Comment

Anyone know best way to get some Dragonite Ore?Seems hard to come by.

Comment

Working...
                                X