No announcement yet.

Monster Hunter World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Early on would be Zora's back when you on him, plenty of red mining points all over him or wait until you reach high rank with the red mining crystals popping up all areas (you'll likely need Forager's Luck to get them to spawn more often).

Comment

I have shields on all my heavy bowguns. It's the only way to go when soloing.
      When we have a more regular hunt going and everyone is high rank I'll consider mixing it up a bit. Shield, Recoil and Long range perhaps.
      For now I just need to make some HR armour and get on some HR hunts.

Comment

So I kind of played it for 15 hours straight yesterday. I’m at HR9 as I type. It’s only just starting to become challenging, so I’ve upgraded my stuff a little. I’ve got nothing on today so another 15 hours it is. It’s as addictive as always.
        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Jeez. I envy you guys who can play so long straight.

Comment

Where is the Manage Palico screen? I can’t find it anywhere.

It’s in your room.
            Last edited by J0e Musashi; 06-02-2018, 08:27.
            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
              Anjanaaaaaaaath!

Haha, good games.
              "AAARGH! I'm on fire! Look out he's charging!"
              "English, speak more slow."
              "WAAAAGH! Now there's a Rathian!"
              "Speak more slowly!"

His English was infinitely better than any Japanese I can remember, but we really struggled to say we're going to bed, but I remembered the Japanese for "good night" and he seemed happy with that.

I love playing online with people from all over. I was pleased with our Liverpool - Birmingham - London spanse, but I also played with some Americans last night as well as those Japanese players.

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
              So I kind of played it for 15 hours straight yesterday. I’m at HR9 as I type. It’s only just starting to become challenging, so I’ve upgraded my stuff a little. I’ve got nothing on today so another 15 hours it is. It’s as addictive as always.
              Shut the front door!

I told you you'd be ahead of me after a single day of playing, J0e!
              I think I've done around 35 hours so far in a weekish.
              I'll be asking you for advice soon.

What weapon did you go for in the end?
              I'm flitting between the Long Sword and Kinsect Glaive depending on the mission/monster, but still want to try the Charge Sword.

Did some mooching around Coral Highlands and got to the Rotten Vale, which is a bit oppressive with its endless onslaught of demon grasshoppers. It's the most Dark Soulsesque level so far.

Palico:
              View Full-sizePalico Board menu. Subscribe to Premium to Remove Ads The Palico Board is basically Palico central missions control. There is a Palico…

Also, you can upgrade their bits at the Smithy.

Comment

Finally got out of character creation, having settled on an 'Elvis 68 Vegas Comeback Just On The Verge Of Getting Fat and Wasted' look, and was immediately overwhelmed by the depth and complexity of the game. Went for insect glaive and managed to kill the Great Jagra - poor thing - before calling it a day. Nathan Drake's voice acting in this has the unmistakable aura of "can't be arsed", to it. Is there a Japanese vocal track? Also, where can I find descriptions of what the various sling ammunition do? It flashes up the first time you pick something up, but I can't find these descriptions again.

Comment

Nolan North isn’t in this, it’s the fella who voices Leon in Resi 6 iirc.

Comment

I thought it was North. Ah well, that guy is just doing a bad NN impression then.

Comment

I'm not in front of it, but
                      Originally posted by Golgo View Post
                      Is there a Japanese vocal track?
                      You can set it up at startup, so have a mooch in the options.
                      Options button > Options (last tab)
                      Is there a Japanese vocal track? Also, where can I find descriptions of what the various sling ammunition do? It flashes up the first time you pick something up, but I can't find these descriptions again.
                      Have a mooch in your Hunter's Guide. I think it's all in there.

Comment

Ta and ta. I got a few 'join us' request from you chaps last night, sorry I couldn't respond. Internet was dropping out like mad. Not that I would've been any use, mind.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                          Ha! Good times @vanpeebles, @hudson (he's Hicks) and @fuse.

Not sure where you went at the end there, Fuse, but Hoolak fired a flare and a couple of crazy Japanese guys turned up for much hilarity.

Still failed the quest!
                          I think someone might have departed for the quest before everyone was ready *cough*

Comment

Ta and ta. I got a few 'join us' request from you chaps last night, sorry I couldn't respond. Internet was dropping out like mad. Not that I would've been any use, mind.
                            Neither was [MENTION=4957]hudson[/MENTION], but we let him tag along...

Comment

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey. You guy would be still fighting if it wasn't for my lethal final blows.

Sorry [MENTION=3822]fuse[/MENTION] you should have said.

Comment

I'm up to the Ajanath playing solo on Xbox. It's all starting to click nicely now I know the main hub and what each person does.

Haven't really had any trouble taking down any of the monsters so far using sword and shield mostly, plus a little long sword. Also had a stab at using the bow after watching a weapon guide and loved that so looking forward to mixing in some ranged combat as well. Can you change weapons on the fly? I'm guessing not....

Only real issue I've had with the game on Xbox is it I end my game and don't quit the console can't resume and keep connection to the online servers so you either need to exit fully and restart the game or just play offline. I haven't done any co-op as yet, when prompted to try out the SOS flare I did and nothing happened... I died a little inside but kicked some arse solo anyway.

Not sure I'm that into the art style and humour too much but the game loop itself is sweet and the monsters themselves are fantastic.

Comment

Working...
                                X