No announcement yet.

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The game doesn't do a good job at explaining a lot of stuff to be honest, since manuals were done away with things feel a bit washy in the describing department hell they didn't even explain how friends & best friends worked that well so everyone ended up pretty confused.

Comment

construction sign (4)
      lifeguard chair (1)
      portable toilet (5)
      streetlamp (1)
      utility pole (2)
      drink machine (3)
      public bench (7)
      snack machine (4)
      springy ride on (2)
      tourist telescope (4)
      park clock (4)
      phone box (6)
      sandbox (n/a)
      cotton candy stall (3)
      playground gym (1)
      Parabolic antenna (1)
      soccer goal (n/a)
      solar panel (2)
      wind turbine (2)
      light house (2)
      monster statue (2)
      pool (3)
      teacup ride (4)

In other news I'm happy to see that when it rains you don't need to water your plants of course!

Comment

Got my 5 star rating today!
        Then proceeded to completely level a quarter of the town, to facilitate my new mansion complex...

Comment

I'm thinking of rearranging my trees into groups of fruit type. Any tips? Erm how dig them up?
          Last edited by hudson; 19-04-2020, 15:30.

Comment

I had forgotten about the rating since getting three stars. I have started some work in my town too so not sure I want to do whatever it takes to get that rating up.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
              I'm thinking of rearranging my trees into groups of fruit type. Any tips? Erm how dig them up?
              If you eat a piece of fruit it will give you 1 stamina point you can then fully dig up a tree. Eating a turnip will give you instantly 10 stamina points. Whatever you do, do NOT hit any rocks while you have stamina points remaining as it will make you destroy them in your town and you'll have to wait several days for the rock to eventually reappear somewhere else in your town.

Comment

Ah nice one. I learned the hard way with the rocks lol. Thankfully they have returned.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                  I had forgotten about the rating since getting three stars. I have started some work in my town too so not sure I want to do whatever it takes to get that rating up.
                  You’ll get to 4* quite naturally, just by using fences and paths etc..
                  Getting to 5* is a case of following Isabelle’s criticism, nd fixing the things that the residents are moaning about.
                  It leads to too much stuff everywhere, in my opinion, but once it’s done and you get the reward (which is worth getting), you can dismantle everything..

Comment

Mine went to five more or less as the Nook's Cranny upgraded. She kept mentioning fencing and stuff around town, but that was the only thing that changed from one day to the next. So that might be an extra factor.

Comment

Regarding the number of residents, do you end up with 10? So 11 houses altogether?

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                        If you eat a piece of fruit it will give you 1 stamina point you can then fully dig up a tree. Eating a turnip will give you instantly 10 stamina points. Whatever you do, do NOT hit any rocks while you have stamina points remaining as it will make you destroy them in your town and you'll have to wait several days for the rock to eventually reappear somewhere else in your town.
                        Conversely, if there is a rock you want somewhere else, smash it. Keep smashing it each day until you like where it is.

Books and Board games are something I'm after now too. I have the textbook only, board game I have Simple Path Game and Territory Game.

Was at my mum's island today and she has the monochrome Teacup ride. Very cool.
                        Last edited by kryss; 19-04-2020, 17:47.

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
                          Regarding the number of residents, do you end up with 10? So 11 houses altogether?
                          Yeah. That’s the max. Don’t know how it works if you have more than one player though?

Comment

Originally posted by gordon View Post
                            Mine went to five more or less as the Nook's Cranny upgraded. She kept mentioning fencing and stuff around town, but that was the only thing that changed from one day to the next. So that might be an extra factor.
                            How do I get Nooks to upgrade?
                            It’s not like I haven’t spent much money there...

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                              Conversely, if there is a rock you want somewhere else, smash it. Keep smashing it each day until you like where it is.

Books and Board games are something I'm after now too. I have the textbook only, board game I have Simple Path Game and Territory Game.

Was at my mum's island today and she has the monochrome Teacup ride. Very cool.
                              I’ll order you an encyclopaedia tomorrow.
                              This 5 item limit sucks.

Comment

Found out how people are getting full sets of everything & it isn't from playing a lot or time travelling or even calaloguing. Looks like it's plain ol cheating by using a save editor to get any item/recipe. I wondered how people were getting some of the most time consuming to find items and even moreso the variants.

Comment

Working...
                                X